Personal Statement

Get advice and feedback on your personal statement.
Kjanelle00

Personal Statement

Post by Kjanelle00 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:39 pm

Anybody willing to look at my personal statement and give me some pointers please? I did not get accepted to law school last cycle, and due to my LSAT score I need really strong essays. :(

ymmv
pregnant with a better version of myself

Re: Personal Statement

Post by ymmv » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:48 pm

Kjanelle00 wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:39 pm
You can always post it here anonymously, and then edit to delete it later. If you ask people not to quote it they won't (under pain of mod enforcement).

However, it's worth saying that personal statements tend to have only marginal impact on applications. The best essay in the world isn't going to be a great substitute for a new study plan and retaking for a higher LSAT score. I would focus on getting to the number you need for the schools you want, and then maybe the personal statement will be the difference between, e.g., your 170 and another's.

Kjanelle00

Post by Kjanelle00 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:01 pm

Makes sense, I plan on taking the LSAT again, but I am also looking to strengthen my essays to make that difference that you are talking about. Should I just go ahead and post it in the replies, Im still new to this forum.

ymmv
pregnant with a better version of myself

Post by ymmv » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:37 pm

Kjanelle00 wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:01 pm
Makes sense, I plan on taking the LSAT again, but I am also looking to strengthen my essays to make that difference that you are talking about. Should I just go ahead and post it in the replies, Im still new to this forum.
Go for it! Usually you're much more likely to get feedback on a statement by posting the text of it here.

Story

Post by Story » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:14 pm

I’ll read it. Post it or PM it.