NYU Students/Grads Taking Questions

Discuss comparisons of various school choices and the various metrics that inform them, including rankings, student life, location, etc.
Slytherpuff

Re: NYU Students/Grads Taking Questions

Post by Slytherpuff » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:23 pm

I think less competitive based on what I've heard from other schools in the T14, and waaaaaay less intense/competitive than non-T14 schools given that your job outcomes are much better at NYU than most other schools. Middle-bottom at NYU is way better than middle at Fordham, but I think it's a toss-up depending on the year whether being top of your class at Fordham gets you better outcomes than middle-bottom at NYU. (Might depend on what you want to do and whether you want big law v. clerkship v. government/PI.) And since you can never guarantee you'll be top of your class at a school like Fordham, I'd typically take my chances with a school like NYU - unless you have a full ride to Fordham and no aid at NYU.

RichardMilhousNixon

Post by RichardMilhousNixon » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:28 pm

So, I've had an insanely stressful semester & realized I've completely blown off networking for OCI in January. I literally haven't gone to a single virtual firm event thus far. Scrambling to sign up for the few firm recruiting events remaining this year that OCS has posted but there's not a lot. Does anyone have any advice?

Slytherpuff

Post by Slytherpuff » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:45 pm

RichardMilhousNixon wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:28 pm
So, I've had an insanely stressful semester & realized I've completely blown off networking for OCI in January. I literally haven't gone to a single virtual firm event thus far. Scrambling to sign up for the few firm recruiting events remaining this year that OCS has posted but there's not a lot. Does anyone have any advice?
As a back-up, maybe research firms on your own and see if NYU alum at your top firms would be down for a quick Zoom chat before OCI. Would let you learn more about the firm and give you something to say in interviews (that you may have otherwise gotten at virtual firm events). But if your grades are good and you're a strong interviewer, you can probably get by without this though!