BREAKING: June 2020 LSAT -> LSAT-Flex

Studying, strategy, waiting
Darth Jar Jar

BREAKING: June 2020 LSAT -> LSAT-Flex

Post by Darth Jar Jar » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:58 am

So, looks like I'll be taking the test in my pj's!

Can anyone explain how/if having 1 less section (3 35-min scored, 1 experimental) will impact scores? I guess not since everything is curved but it still feels weird.

Email:

Dear Mr. Binks,

We hope this email finds you safe and healthy during this challenging time. The well-being of our test takers remains a top priority for us. Given the continued severe impact of the COVID-19 emergency in many areas and the uncertainty over how the situation will evolve over the next six weeks, we have made the decision to cancel the in-person June LSAT that was scheduled for June 8 in the U.S. and Canada and offer you the opportunity to take the online, remotely proctored LSAT-Flex the week of June 14.

The LSAT-Flex was created to give candidates the opportunity to earn an LSAT score even though in-person testing is not possible due to the pandemic. You can learn more about the LSAT-Flex and get answers to frequently asked questions on our website.

To confirm your interest in taking the June LSAT-Flex or to receive a coupon for a future test between July 2020 and April 2021, please visit your LSAC account and submit the online form. If we do not hear from you, you will be automatically registered for the June LSAT-Flex.

Most June LSAT-Flex test takers will test on either Sunday, June 14, or Monday, June 15, with a small number of tests occurring later in the week based on specific remote proctoring requirements.

Currently, we are targeting Tuesday, June 30, as the score release date for all test takers, regardless of when they test during the week of June 14. We will update the score release date as needed.

Because the June LSAT-Flex is an online, remotely proctored test, we are able to offer a variety of test start times on those dates for you to choose from, based upon what works best for your schedule. We will open the scheduling sign-up process at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Wednesday, May 13, so that you can select the available time that works best for you. We will be sending out more information and instructions prior to that time.

LSAC is working to help every test taker have the equipment and other resources they need to take the LSAT-Flex. If you do not have the necessary equipment or an appropriate place to test, you can make note of your situation by submitting the online form in your LSAC account no later than 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday, May 18, 2020. We will work with you to try to address your needs.

We will continue doing everything we can to support our law school candidates and provide testing opportunities, while following public health guidance to help protect the safety of test takers and the broader community.

Stay safe and stay focused on your legal education journey — the world needs your voice and your advocacy now more than ever!

Sincerely,

Susan L. Krinsky
Senior Vice President for Candidate Services, Chief of Staff, and Director of Enrollment Management
Law School Admission Council

Barry

Re: BREAKING: June 2020 LSAT -> LSAT-Flex

Post by Barry » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:29 pm

Do you know if they are just doubling what you would get on the LR section? Or are they going to match percentile scores on this administration to whatever the experimental bands were?

If they're not doubling the LR score, I recommend studying more for reading comp and logic games as those will be weighted significantly more on this administration. Hell this presents a pretty cool opportunity because with enough LG studying you should be able to consistently go -1/0 and it'll be weighted even more.

My overall knee jerk reaction is this will be one hell of a tight curve. Could very easily have one miss drop you three points in the 170+ range. I don't see how they drop an entire section and can have roughly -10/-11 as the curve for 170 or higher.

Darth Jar Jar

Re: BREAKING: June 2020 LSAT -> LSAT-Flex

Post by Darth Jar Jar » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:16 pm

Barry wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:29 pm
Do you know if they are just doubling what you would get on the LR section? Or are they going to match percentile scores on this administration to whatever the experimental bands were?

If they're not doubling the LR score, I recommend studying more for reading comp and logic games as those will be weighted significantly more on this administration. Hell this presents a pretty cool opportunity because with enough LG studying you should be able to consistently go -1/0 and it'll be weighted even more.

My overall knee jerk reaction is this will be one hell of a tight curve. Could very easily have one miss drop you three points in the 170+ range. I don't see how they drop an entire section and can have roughly -10/-11 as the curve for 170 or higher.
Found this on Reddit, not sure if it is ok to link:

/u/LSAT Unplugged:

LSAT-Flex Section-Weighting + Dates (April 15 Update)

LSAC confirmed that Logical Reasoning will NOT double-weighted - all questions will count the same. This means Logical Reasoning is less important than on the regular LSAT, and Logic Games and Reading Comprehension are slightly MORE important.

There will be about 75 questions and each section will have roughly the same number of questions. Based on previous exams, we can expect RC will have ~27, LR will have ~25, and LG will have ~23. If you'd previously planned to spend more time on LR, you may want to adjust your study plan accordingly.

LSAC also announced the May LSAT-Flex will be offered on May 18 and 19 (accommodated test-takers may take it on a different day), and scores will all be released on the same date -- no later than Friday, June 5.

They haven't yet released specific options, but there will be multiple time slots during which it's administered over the course of two days (May 18 and 19). I imagine there will be both morning and afternoon options. Registration will open (for previous April LSAT registrants) on April 22.

They confirmed there will NOT be the option to see your score prior to deciding whether to cancel.