Michigan C/O 2021

School-specific applicants threads, waiting for results, announcements of acceptances/denials/waitlists.

Whats your application status?

Accepted
72
39%
Accepted-Attending
8
4%
Wait-listed
51
28%
Rejected
8
4%
Waiting
40
22%
Forever alone
6
3%
 
Total votes: 185

dallinpackard
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:03 pm

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by dallinpackard » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:27 pm

Mikey wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:25 pm
kippercd wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:11 pm
dallinpackard wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:57 pm
Bump for a new poll!=D
Any thoughts on what it should be? I'm thinking "should dallinpackard go to UMich?"
what about our current status on our application?

there's a bunch of us (or maybe just me?????) who haven't heard back yet and are slowly dying both inside and out

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I laugh to cover up the pain
/u/sadguitarriffs (reddit) is in the same boat, and he's my nearly stats twin:(

User avatar
LSNlife
Posts: 369
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:35 am

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by LSNlife » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:27 pm

ekiki wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:25 pm
LSNlife wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:24 pm
ekiki wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:16 pm
Did anybody do a financial aid app for Michigan? I didn’t get one so I wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing anything.
They're not available until March at which point they'll be on the portal :)
Cool! So the people who have received financial aid information have gotten unsolicited merit aid?
Correct. If you did not receive a merit aid (which they'll tell you either way) you can apply for need-based aid in march.

ekiki
Posts: 858
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:16 pm

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by ekiki » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:36 pm

LSNlife wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:27 pm
ekiki wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:25 pm
LSNlife wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:24 pm
ekiki wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:16 pm
Did anybody do a financial aid app for Michigan? I didn’t get one so I wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing anything.
They're not available until March at which point they'll be on the portal :)
Cool! So the people who have received financial aid information have gotten unsolicited merit aid?
Correct. If you did not receive a merit aid (which they'll tell you either way) you can apply for need-based aid in march.
Oh okay that’s good to know! I’m glad they’ll tell me either way haha sitting in limbo isn’t fun. I was admitted 2/1 so I’m not in a rush but this is good to know!

User avatar
Slippin’ Jimmy
Posts: 383
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:12 am

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by Slippin’ Jimmy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:40 pm

dallinpackard wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:27 pm
Mikey wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:25 pm
kippercd wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:11 pm
dallinpackard wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:57 pm
Bump for a new poll!=D
Any thoughts on what it should be? I'm thinking "should dallinpackard go to UMich?"
what about our current status on our application?

there's a bunch of us (or maybe just me?????) who haven't heard back yet and are slowly dying both inside and out

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I laugh to cover up the pain
/u/sadguitarriffs (reddit) is in the same boat, and he's my nearly stats twin:(
Poll topic: Will Jimmy and Mikey get a decision this year?

User avatar
Mikey
LSL's Favorite Kitten
Posts: 645
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:02 am

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by Mikey » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:43 pm

Slippin’ Jimmy wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:40 pm
Poll topic: Will Jimmy and Mikey get a decision this year?
I just asked this https://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html shitty magic 8 ball if you and I are getting into Michigan Law this month and it said 'Yes Definitely'.

I never thought I would want to believe in an 8 ball so much :' )

User avatar
principalagent
Posts: 2062
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:18 am

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by principalagent » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:48 pm

Mikey wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:43 pm
Slippin’ Jimmy wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:40 pm
Poll topic: Will Jimmy and Mikey get a decision this year?
I just asked this https://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html shitty magic 8 ball if you and I are getting into Michigan Law this month and it said 'Yes Definitely'.

I never thought I would want to believe in an 8 ball so much :' )
I need this for both of you!!

User avatar
dril
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:01 am

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by dril » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:49 pm

Mikey wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:25 pm
kippercd wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:11 pm
dallinpackard wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:57 pm
Bump for a new poll!=D
Any thoughts on what it should be? I'm thinking "should dallinpackard go to UMich?"
what about our current status on our application?

there's a bunch of us (or maybe just me?????) who haven't heard back yet and are slowly dying both inside and out

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I laugh to cover up the pain
+120

User avatar
Mikey
LSL's Favorite Kitten
Posts: 645
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:02 am

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by Mikey » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:58 pm

principalagent wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:48 pm
Mikey wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:43 pm
Slippin’ Jimmy wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:40 pm
Poll topic: Will Jimmy and Mikey get a decision this year?
I just asked this https://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html shitty magic 8 ball if you and I are getting into Michigan Law this month and it said 'Yes Definitely'.

I never thought I would want to believe in an 8 ball so much :' )
I need this for both of you!!
RT

kippercd
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:49 am

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by kippercd » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:02 pm

New Poll

User avatar
Oneanddone?
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:42 am

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by Oneanddone? » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:06 pm

kippercd wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:02 pm
New Poll
Yay!! 😁 Can you make it open to changing responses? I only ask because of how much I hope my response will change!

dallinpackard
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:03 pm

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by dallinpackard » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:07 pm

So torn between Accepted and accepted-attending! Give me another week and the decision may be made:p

hell
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:57 pm

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by hell » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:07 pm

I asked this same question a couple pages ago but I have to know: for people that are already accepted, how long did it take to hear about merit aid? I'm trying to get a ballpark estimate :-/

User avatar
Henry
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:03 pm

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by Henry » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:09 pm

hell wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:07 pm
I asked this same question a couple pages ago but I have to know: for people that are already accepted, how long did it take to hear about merit aid? I'm trying to get a ballpark estimate :-/
It should reliably come within one to two weeks of acceptance

hell
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:57 pm

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by hell » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:11 pm

Henry wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:09 pm
hell wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:07 pm
I asked this same question a couple pages ago but I have to know: for people that are already accepted, how long did it take to hear about merit aid? I'm trying to get a ballpark estimate :-/
It should reliably come within one to two weeks of acceptance


Thank you for easing my mind.

ekiki
Posts: 858
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:16 pm

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by ekiki » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:15 pm

Anybody signed up for the preview weekend?? I just registered to attend on the abridged version (March 23rd-24th). I’m local so if anyone has questions about Ann Arbor lemme know! :)

dallinpackard
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:03 pm

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by dallinpackard » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:17 pm

ekiki wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:15 pm
Anybody signed up for the preview weekend?? I just registered to attend on the abridged version (March 23rd-24th). I’m local so if anyone has questions about Ann Arbor lemme know! :)
I may get back to you on that!

ekiki
Posts: 858
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:16 pm

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by ekiki » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:21 pm

Just got my award email (weird timing after posting here lol). I was wondering if anyone knows whether Michigan will negotiate? Don’t have other offers yet but I’m hoping I will soon!

ekiki
Posts: 858
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:16 pm

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by ekiki » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:21 pm

dallinpackard wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:17 pm
ekiki wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:15 pm
Anybody signed up for the preview weekend?? I just registered to attend on the abridged version (March 23rd-24th). I’m local so if anyone has questions about Ann Arbor lemme know! :)
I may get back to you on that!
You are welcome to! Feel free to PM me as well if you’d rather speak in private.

User avatar
dm1683
Posts: 185
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:26 pm

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by dm1683 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:27 pm

cmon michigan I submitted a why mich, LOCI, am above both 75ths and visited the campus. What is taking you so long?

User avatar
principalagent
Posts: 2062
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:18 am

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by principalagent » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:29 pm

dm1683 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:27 pm
cmon michigan I submitted a why mich, LOCI, am above both 75ths and visited the campus. What is taking you so long?
They’re just getting your Darrow money ready sis!
ekiki wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:21 pm
Just got my award email (weird timing after posting here lol). I was wondering if anyone knows whether Michigan will negotiate? Don’t have other offers yet but I’m hoping I will soon!
They will, but it needs to be a very strong offer from a direct peer, or a solid T6 offer.

User avatar
Mikey
LSL's Favorite Kitten
Posts: 645
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:02 am

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by Mikey » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:30 pm

dm1683 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:27 pm
cmon michigan I submitted a why mich, LOCI, am above both 75ths and visited the campus. What is taking you so long?
:( :( :(

User avatar
Mikey
LSL's Favorite Kitten
Posts: 645
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:02 am

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by Mikey » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:31 pm

I wish I could choose the last 2 options of the poll.

#RealFeels

User avatar
dm1683
Posts: 185
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:26 pm

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by dm1683 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:47 pm

principalagent wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:29 pm
dm1683 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:27 pm
cmon michigan I submitted a why mich, LOCI, am above both 75ths and visited the campus. What is taking you so long?
They’re just getting your Darrow money ready sis!
Don't reinforce my delusions man :D

So speaking of darrows, super congrats again and are you all set on mich now?

User avatar
christinagee
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:35 pm

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by christinagee » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:57 pm

Super interested in UMich until I saw that they gave me zero merit aid. *Cries in Spanish*

User avatar
Platopus
Posts: 835
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:45 am
Contact:

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by Platopus » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:15 pm

christinagee wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:57 pm
Super interested in UMich until I saw that they gave me zero merit aid. *Cries in Spanish*
Have you been told you are getting nothing, or is there just nothing on your admitted student page. If the latter, that's normal for everyone and doesn't mean anything.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests