USC Gould C/O 2021

School-specific applicants threads, waiting for results, announcements of acceptances/denials/waitlists.
somelawperson
Posts: 2973
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:14 am

Re: USC Gould C/O 2021

Post by somelawperson » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:01 pm

luna2 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:59 pm
Just got dinged :(
At least the wait is over!
That sucks! I bet another acceptance is around the corner.

User avatar
urmlaw18
Posts: 260
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: USC Gould C/O 2021

Post by urmlaw18 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:03 pm

Today was a Ding wave.

User avatar
urmlaw18
Posts: 260
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: USC Gould C/O 2021

Post by urmlaw18 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:03 pm

Dinged!

Lots of people on Reddit got dinged too.

luna2
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:15 pm

Re: USC Gould C/O 2021

Post by luna2 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:11 pm

Rowdy wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:01 pm
luna2 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:59 pm
Just got dinged :(
At least the wait is over!
That sucks! I bet another acceptance is around the corner.
You are so sweet LOL
I'm still waiting on my dream school - which I'm assuming will be a ding.
And I'm in my realistic top choice so I'm very happy with this cycle! :D
Good luck to you and all those who are still waiting!

User avatar
heyduchess
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:15 pm

Re: USC Gould C/O 2021

Post by heyduchess » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:39 pm

paralegaltolawyer3 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:13 pm
For those admitted, how long did it take to receive your decision email after the status checker changed to decision finalized?
I obsessively checked my status checker and still found out via email first. I got it around noon.

paralegaltolawyer3
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:20 pm

Re: USC Gould C/O 2021

Post by paralegaltolawyer3 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:54 pm

Dinged as well, good luck to the rest of you!

tulipsgalore
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:14 pm

Re: USC Gould C/O 2021

Post by tulipsgalore » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:28 pm

Oh wow! So sorry to hear guys! I don't remember reading about a ding wave around this time last year....Seemed to be out of the blue.

User avatar
InterLaw
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:41 pm

Re: USC Gould C/O 2021

Post by InterLaw » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:33 pm

Checking back in this lovely limbo

jimmyplayer601
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:16 pm

Re: USC Gould C/O 2021

Post by jimmyplayer601 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:27 pm

My status checker said decision finalized today but didn’t receive an email...

VincentLGambini
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:37 am

Re: USC Gould C/O 2021

Post by VincentLGambini » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:45 am

jimmyplayer601 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:27 pm
My status checker said decision finalized today but didn’t receive an email...
The same thing happened to me. I was on "decision finalized" for two days and never received a decision email. I eventually got an invitation to an accepted students event and got the hint - but I had to call them to actually confirm. There must be a bug in their software idk but I would recommend just calling if you don't get an email in two days or so. Best of luck to you.

profdogwalker
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:08 pm

Re: USC Gould C/O 2021

Post by profdogwalker » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:09 pm

anyone hear anything about scholarships?


profdogwalker
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:08 pm

Re: USC Gould C/O 2021

Post by profdogwalker » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:33 pm

thank you!

ocw96
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:28 pm

Re: USC Gould C/O 2021

Post by ocw96 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:34 pm

Checking in, applied just before Christmas and have been under review since 1/12!

bluntmeat
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:35 pm

Re: USC Gould C/O 2021

Post by bluntmeat » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:37 pm

Been under review since mid January. Anyone wanna rate my chances with 3.33 gpa and 166 lsat?

somelawperson
Posts: 2973
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:14 am

Re: USC Gould C/O 2021

Post by somelawperson » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:42 pm

bluntmeat wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:37 pm
Anyone wanna rate my chances?
I'd say at least 50/50 and maybe more like 75/25 based on previous cycles, discounting a little for January app and more competitive cycle.

bluntmeat
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:35 pm

Re: USC Gould C/O 2021

Post by bluntmeat » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:51 pm

Rowdy wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:42 pm
bluntmeat wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:37 pm
Anyone wanna rate my chances?
I'd say at least 50/50 and maybe more like 75/25 based on previous cycles, discounting a little for January app and more competitive cycle.
Thanks! I'm really pulling for USC, it'd make dating my Bruin gf that much more fun haha!

somelawperson
Posts: 2973
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:14 am

Re: USC Gould C/O 2021

Post by somelawperson » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:54 pm

bluntmeat wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:51 pm
Rowdy wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:42 pm
bluntmeat wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:37 pm
Anyone wanna rate my chances?
I'd say at least 50/50 and maybe more like 75/25 based on previous cycles, discounting a little for January app and more competitive cycle.
Thanks! I'm really pulling for USC, it'd make dating my Bruin gf that much more fun haha!
Good luck! Don't stress too much. Stressing won't make the decision come any sooner.

BlondeAmbiti0n
Posts: 1037
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:42 pm

Re: USC Gould C/O 2021

Post by BlondeAmbiti0n » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:28 pm

kippercd wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:07 pm
this has been confirmed in the facebook group! they said we'll get an email that there's a letter on the admitted students portal and will have to log in to view our scholarship info

Tuck0L
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:01 am

Re: USC Gould C/O 2021

Post by Tuck0L » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:58 pm

Has anyone else been super ghosted this cycle? I felt really confident about getting in (LSN has all acceptances for my numbers), but I haven’t heard anything back. Went complete around Halloween.

User avatar
ChutzpahSaxa15
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:44 pm

Re: USC Gould C/O 2021

Post by ChutzpahSaxa15 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:44 pm

It just occurred to me that people who applied for special programs (like in my case applied to the public interest program) might take longer to decide. Otherwise I would have thought I'd hear back ages ago!

tulipsgalore
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:14 pm

Re: USC Gould C/O 2021

Post by tulipsgalore » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:07 pm

Tuck0L wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:58 pm
Has anyone else been super ghosted this cycle? I felt really confident about getting in (LSN has all acceptances for my numbers), but I haven’t heard anything back. Went complete around Halloween.
Same here! Not sure what's going on especially since a number of people have heard back already. Mind sharing your stats?

User avatar
christinagee
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:35 pm

Re: USC Gould C/O 2021

Post by christinagee » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:40 pm

In today !!! YAY

User avatar
andysimbi
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:44 am

Re: USC Gould C/O 2021

Post by andysimbi » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:42 pm

I got my shirt! I think it’s nicer than the WUSTL shirt, honestly.

hell
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:57 pm

Re: USC Gould C/O 2021

Post by hell » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:43 pm

christinagee wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:40 pm
In today !!! YAY
When did you submit if you don't mind me asking?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 37 guests