Digital LSAT Dates Announced

Studying, strategy, waiting
DKilloranPowerScore

Digital LSAT Dates Announced

Post by DKilloranPowerScore » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:21 am

Per LSAC, the Digital LSAT will begin with the July 2019 exam. That will be a "transitional" test, with some students being assigned paper and others digital. The big bonus: you get to see your score before cancelling, and you can retake for free anytime up until April 2020 if you cancel. Then, in September 2019, the test goes all-digital.

So, it's coming in less than a year...

merintil

Re: Digital LSAT Dates Announced

Post by merintil » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:44 am

These changes are so huge! I wonder if the price for taking the LSAT will increase accordingly (to make up for lost test fees for people who retake for free).

It makes me wonder if I should retake the test in July just in case the current cycle doesn't pan out.

DKilloranPowerScore

Post by DKilloranPowerScore » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:39 pm

That "score preview/retake for free" option exists only for July test takers, so after that point it won't have an impact.

They haven't said anything about fees, but having watched all the recent increases in years, I expect costs to rise.

app

Post by app » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:54 pm

DKilloranPowerScore wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:21 am
Per LSAC, the Digital LSAT will begin with the July 2019 exam. That will be a "transitional" test, with some students being assigned paper and others digital. The big bonus: you get to see your score before cancelling, and you can retake for free anytime up until April 2020 if you cancel. Then, in September 2019, the test goes all-digital.

wow

how much this whole test, its uniqueness, and admission process has changed in just last 1-2 years

DKilloranPowerScore

Post by DKilloranPowerScore » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:47 pm

app wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:54 pm
wow

how much this whole test, its uniqueness, and admission process has changed in just last 1-2 years
Funny, right about the time the GRE started making serious inroads...

haus

Post by haus » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:51 pm

Knowing LSAC they will still likely find a way to take forever actually providing test takers their scores.

Hey_Everybody

Post by Hey_Everybody » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:09 pm

This makes me glad I took it when I did. I hate the idea of taking a standardized test on a fucking tablet

DKilloranPowerScore

Post by DKilloranPowerScore » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:06 pm

haus wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:51 pm
Knowing LSAC they will still likely find a way to take forever actually providing test takers their scores.
You are correct! Somewhat amazingly, they have stated that despite the digital format it will still take the same amount of time to release scores.

app

Post by app » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:21 pm

i can't believe a test as rigorous as lsat's rc and lr is going the way of relatively more trifling tests like gre through the computerized process step. over time people develop an appreciation for questions of lsat's lr and rc that's p much unknown for other tests.

DKilloranPowerScore

Post by DKilloranPowerScore » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:38 pm

app wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:21 pm
i can't believe a test as rigorous as lsat's rc and lr is going the way of relatively more trifling tests like gre through the computerized process step. over time people develop an appreciation for questions of lsat's lr and rc that's p much unknown for other tests.
I mean, going to a digital format was inevitable at some point, right? It wasn't going to stay on paper forever.

They are doing it differently from the GRE though, since this is not an adaptive test and they have more or less built their own software to administer the exam. I don't see the base content of the exam changing, or the difficulty. This is just an environmental change (which I don't like, but it is what it is).

CelestialLaw07

Post by CelestialLaw07 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:38 am

Do you only get to see your scores on the digital test before canceling? Or does this apply to the paper test as well?

PowerScoreAdmin

Post by PowerScoreAdmin » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:52 pm

CelestialLaw07 wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:38 am
Per LSAC, the Digital LSAT will begin with the July 2019 exam[/url]. That will be a "transitional" test, with some students being assigned paper and others digital. The big bonus: you get to see your score before cancelling, and you can retake for free anytime up until April 2020 if you cancel. Then, in September 2019, the test goes all-digital.

Do you only get to see your scores on the digital test before canceling? Or does this apply to the paper test as well?
That was a one-time incentive only for the July 2019 test, and it did apply to the paper test as well as digital.

PowerScoreAdmin

Post by PowerScoreAdmin » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:10 pm

For practice with the new digital format, you can now purchase full digital LSAT tests and individual digital test sections from PowerScore.

Unfortunately, it seems that this forum no longer allows links to be posted to external sites--so it's https://www.powerscore.com/lsat/publica ... /index.cfm

I hope this helps. :)

UVA2B

Post by UVA2B » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:26 pm

PowerScoreAdmin wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:10 pm
For practice with the new digital format, you can now purchase full digital LSAT tests and individual digital test sections from PowerScore.

Unfortunately, it seems that this forum no longer allows links to be posted to external sites--so it's PowerScore dot com > LSAT > Digital LSATs.

In an effort to curb spam farms, you have to have 5 posts before you can post links. Three more and you’ll be golden.

Thanks for the heads up on digital practice tests though.

ETA: edited your original post to make it a link for anyone interested.

PowerScoreAdmin

Post by PowerScoreAdmin » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:43 am

UVA2B wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:26 pm
PowerScoreAdmin wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:10 pm

Unfortunately, it seems that this forum no longer allows links to be posted to external sites--so it's PowerScore dot com > LSAT > Digital LSATs.

In an effort to curb spam farms, you have to have 5 posts before you can post links. Three more and you’ll be golden.

Thanks for the heads up on digital practice tests though.

ETA: edited your original post to make it a link for anyone interested.
Ah, that makes sense! Thanks for the clarification.

While we're here, would you mind noting the correct link? It's https://www.powerscore.com/lsat/publica ... /index.cfm (extra space added between powerscore and .com to allow me to post it). Thanks!

E: Mod edit for link.