ITT We Share What Was Overheard at the LSAT...

Studying, strategy, waiting
Experiment626

ITT We Share What Was Overheard at the LSAT...

Post by Experiment626 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:05 pm

Because this thread is definitely needed with the migration.

emkay625

Re: ITT We Share What Was Overheard at the LSAT...

Post by emkay625 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:38 pm

Please deliver. Excited to hear stories from the feb test.

Experiment626

Post by Experiment626 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:33 pm

emkay625 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:38 pm
Please deliver. Excited to hear stories from the feb test.
Half want to have a story, half don't want to because then I feel bad about the person being discussed.

BroilersNotStewers

Post by BroilersNotStewers » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:58 pm

I heard someone mention that they got bored halfway through their only practice test so they were just gonna wing it last year.

emkay625

Post by emkay625 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:17 am

BroilersNotStewers wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:58 pm
I heard someone mention that they got bored halfway through their only practice test so they were just gonna wing it last year.
I truly admire people with this sort of confidence.

olympia

Post by olympia » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:16 am

What do you guys think is the percentage of people who studied hard for the test vs. those who didn’t (/those who only a took a 3-month class; I usually group these two together)?

merintil

Post by merintil » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:36 am

My testing center was pretty quiet: though, my proctor did say she found someone talking to someone on his/her phone during the break, discussing questions about the test.

Needless to say, that person was kicked out.

sabraph

Post by sabraph » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:57 pm

A guy at my center approached this girl in the parking lot and asked "do you need anything to take the LSAT"; managed to print his ticket and get in, later told the same girl he was a football player for OU and they just needed him to get a score before they admitted him...he left halfway through and was apparently muttering "f**k" and "okaaaaay" when he got to a new section.

emkay625

Post by emkay625 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:18 am

sabraph wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:57 pm
A guy at my center approached this girl in the parking lot and asked "do you need anything to take the LSAT"; managed to print his ticket and get in, later told the same girl he was a football player for OU and they just needed him to get a score before they admitted him...he left halfway through and was apparently muttering "f**k" and "okaaaaay" when he got to a new section.
Wait so he would be juggling playing football and 1L year at the same time? That sounds like a nightmare.

sabraph

Post by sabraph » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:06 am

emkay625 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:18 am
sabraph wrote:
Wait so he would be juggling playing football and 1L year at the same time? That sounds like a nightmare.
Apparently. I had never heard of that before...I didn't even think you could do college athletics as a grad student of any kind.

Barry

Post by Barry » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:50 pm

There was a guy that didn't bring his ticket. The proctor was really chill and printed it off for him and gave him pencils.

I get that he shouldn't have forgotten it, but it was nice to see someone not get screwed by an A-hole proctor for once.

waldorf

Post by waldorf » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:44 am

this was awhile ago since it was the first time i took the lsat (October 2015). i went to a state flagship for undergrad with a huge campus, so standardized tests were generally hosted on campus. on campus parking was generally terrible, so i arrived fairly early not knowing how long parking would take. i walk into the building and sit down near a girl sitting with both of her parents, discussing test strategies, etc. she looked around 21-22. i am of course nosy so i am listening to the convo with nothing better to do since i arrived so early. her parents start going through the list of “acceptable” schools and the lsat score required to get into each. a few of my friends arrived so i left to talk to them, but the last part of the convo i heard was them telling her “don’t stress yourself by striving to score above (X score i don’t recall). (X score) should get you into any of the schools we’ve agreed on.”

fast forward a bit and people start to line up to check in. the girl’s mother asks the check in people how to check in since she isn’t taking the exam, she is just going to sit with her daughter. she then becomes APPALLED that she isn’t allowed to go into the exam room with her daughter and throws a tantrum. she also threw a fit that her daughter couldn’t bring her phone in because how would they know when to retrieve her. the girl looked like she wanted to die.

so around 100 people are just awkwardly standing there watching this go down. the mom’s tantrum was pretty short and she stomped off and made a scene as she left with her husband. i genuinely felt bad for the girl.

oh also my best friend took the LSAT in NYC and sat next to Tiffany Trump, who timed herself with a diamond Rolex.

principalagent

Post by principalagent » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:52 am

waldorf wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:44 am
oh also my best friend took the LSAT in NYC and sat next to Tiffany Trump, who timed herself with a diamond Rolex.
wait so people didn't time themselves with diamond rolexes as general practice? :o

blackmamba8

Post by blackmamba8 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:51 pm

sabraph wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:06 am
emkay625 wrote:
sabraph wrote:
Apparently. I had never heard of that before...I didn't even think you could do college athletics as a grad student of any kind.
A lot of college basketball players end up in grad school for their last season. I had never heard of an athlete doing law school as their grad program though.

Shemp

Post by Shemp » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:31 am

Maybe he just meant that he was about to graduate and had played football throughout his time at college and OU liked him so much as an undergraduate student-athlete that he felt certain that he would be admitted to the OU law school with pretty much any LSAT score.

Shemp

Post by Shemp » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:43 am

Or maybe he suffered a debilitating concussion in the second overtime of OU's Rose Bowl loss a month earlier and just sort of wandered into the test center in a CTE-induced daze. Poor guy went home and told his roommates, "Damn bros, you wouldn't believe the forms you have to fill out to sign up for Google Fiber."

sabraph

Post by sabraph » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:05 am

Shemp wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:43 am
Or maybe he suffered a debilitating concussion in the second overtime of OU's Rose Bowl loss a month earlier and just sort of wandered into the test center in a CTE-induced daze. Poor guy went home and told his roommates, "Damn bros, you wouldn't believe the forms you have to fill out to sign up for Google Fiber."
:lol:

Slippin’ Jimmy

Post by Slippin’ Jimmy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:30 pm

At the first digital LSAT pilot test: I would never apply to UVA because it doesn't have enough lay prestige.

Shemp

Post by Shemp » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:03 pm

I mean, ask 100 random people on the street whether UVA or Georgetown is a better law school. I bet 70+ say Georgetown.

Even better, ask people whether UVA or Princeton is a better law school, and I bet most people say Princeton.

sev

Post by sev » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:42 pm

sabraph wrote:
emkay625 wrote:
sabraph wrote:
It's actually really common. Football players are there year round for workouts/practices/training camps and they have to take at least one class while they're there so they knock out tons of credits. I remember from a decade or so ago when Jason White at OU, he was taking classes at the med school during his fifth-year senior year (he was redshirted). RG3 from Baylor had a masters degree and was working on a law degree (I think).

sabraph

Post by sabraph » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:52 pm

sev wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:42 pm
sabraph wrote:
emkay625 wrote:
sabraph wrote:
It's actually really common. Football players are there year round for workouts/practices/training camps and they have to take at least one class while they're there so they knock out tons of credits. I remember from a decade or so ago when Jason White at OU, he was taking classes at the med school during his fifth-year senior year (he was redshirted). RG3 from Baylor had a masters degree and was working on a law degree (I think).

darthlawyer

Post by darthlawyer » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:35 pm

I was talking to myself in the bathroom for a while before realizing someone was in the stall. Was weird. So I’m sure some lucky soul overheard that.

emkay625

Post by emkay625 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:26 pm

Bumping this for today.