OFFICIAL LSL Guide to the LSAT

Studying, strategy, waiting
somelawperson

Re: Rowdy's Guide to the LSAT

Post by somelawperson » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:24 pm

chewie wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:27 pm
Just a quick thank you for this. It's perfect for my timeline. Slowing down to work purely on PT's, and my weaknesses up front feels like a game changer. Last time I studied (a few years back) I was focused on everything evenly, and I knew it wasn't working, but had no alternative theories to change my process. Now I do, and it's a perfect way to start while I finish up my last quarter at UG. Then in March, when I graduate, I'll have a solid foundation to begin the full-time study process for July LSAT. Thanks again.
Good luck pal. You can do it.

Indecision

Re: OFFICIAL LSL Guide to the LSAT

Post by Indecision » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:49 pm

Do people recommend LSAT courses? I know Khan academy is free.

Indecision

Post by Indecision » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:50 pm

ymmv
pregnant with a better version of myself

Post by ymmv » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:57 pm

Indecision wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:50 pm
The most important aspect of study by far is practice tests; the various text books about study strategies felt pretty interchangeable when I prepped. Khan Academy wasn't around way back then, but my guess based on their other courses I've tried is that they'd be a good place to start provided you combine them with as many practice LSATs as you have time to take. And be sure to take them under simulated test conditions and time constraints, as close to the real thing as you can manage.

Your local library probably also has plenty of LSAT prep books available for free. Probably the most valuable thing a text book can teach you that simply taking practice tests might not, IME, is how to manage the logic games. If one book's strategies aren't working for you, you could always check out another's.