Has anyone ever filed a complaint about testing conditions? My test fell apart

Studying, strategy, waiting
raineylou

Has anyone ever filed a complaint about testing conditions? My test fell apart

Post by raineylou » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:33 pm

I recently took the July LSAT, and my test book fell apart in the middle of section two. I had to hold parts on my lap, pile parts on the desk next to me, and try to keep it all in place while I worked. I couldn't go back and check my work in the section I was on as the binding on the book was not done properly, so each page would come out after I flipped it. Once I got to my break, section 4 and 5 had completely fallen out. Should I report this to LSAC? What would be the benefit of reporting this? I have a visual disability and take my test in a large print book, and as far as I know, I will continue to test in this booklet even after the switch to digital testing. Having to worry about the pages really threw me off while I was working, and although I know I will be able to cancel my score after I see it, I feel like this is such a major fault that there should be another alternative, as I would not have encountered these issues had the test not fallen apart on me. I was planning on this being my last take and I truly had no reason to believe it wouldn't be, so this is a huge blow to my plans for the upcoming admissions cycle.

pancakes3

Re: Has anyone ever filed a complaint about testing conditions? My test fell apart

Post by pancakes3 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:21 pm

Sorry to hear, but if your gripe is that you're going to have to sit out a cycle, I'm not sure what can be done about it

raineylou

Re: Has anyone ever filed a complaint about testing conditions? My test fell apart

Post by raineylou » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:10 am

pancakes3 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:21 pm
Sorry to hear, but if your gripe is that you're going to have to sit out a cycle, I'm not sure what can be done about it

No, this is not the main issue I see.. the biggest issue for me is that I was not afforded the same testing conditions as everyone else who sat for the test, as my booklet fell apart

Nony

Post by Nony » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:45 am

I believe that even if you file a complaint with LSAC, though, your remedy would be a free retake at a later date. (I also believe you only have 6 days to cancel your score so you may have missed your window on that, if you haven't canceled already.)

DOT

Post by DOT » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:33 pm

raineylou wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:10 am
pancakes3 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:21 pm

No, this is not the main issue I see.. the biggest issue for me is that I was not afforded the same testing conditions as everyone else who sat for the test, as my booklet fell apart
What remedy are you hoping they'll provide?