Long-time users: please note that the prosilver and Allanstyle-subsilver styles will be phased out in the coming months due to upcoming site update incompatibilities. If you use either style, you can change back to the default proflat style at any time in your User Control Panel, or simply wait for the update to do so automatically. Thanks for your patience, and apologies to any folks who prefer the old look.

LSAT Prep Books

Studying, strategy, waiting
sayubi720

LSAT Prep Books

Post by sayubi720 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:45 pm

Hello!

I recently enrolled in the live online PowerScore LSAT prep course. I have only attended two virtual sessions so it is no wonder that I am struggling with Logical Reasoning MBT questions. I am trying to go from zero to LSAT in less than 3 months so while it is expected to not master it in 2 weeks, I would like to speed up the process.

I answer most of the (MBT) Logical Reasoning questions correctly but I have yet to learn a consistent methodology applying which would enable me to narrow down the answer choices to two.

I just ordered PowerScore LSAT Logical Reasoning Bible and Logical Games Bible. Any other suggestions?

HelloYesThisIsDog

Re: LSAT Prep Books

Post by HelloYesThisIsDog » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:38 pm

Did you already read this guide?

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1097

Also 3 months is a pretty intense time frame. Are you doing just LSAT all day every day, or do you have other obligations?

sayubi720

Post by sayubi720 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:38 am

Thank you for the link! I am working full-time but I am studying 1 to 2 hours Monday through Friday and at least 4 hours on Fri, Sat and Sun. I want to take the January 2019 LSATs in order to apply before Georgetown's application deadline.

icechicken
Lost in the sauce

Post by icechicken » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:52 pm

sayubi720 wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:38 am
I want to take the January 2019 LSATs in order to apply before Georgetown's application deadline.
Absent a compelling reason to start law school in 2019, I'd hold off. A few more months to study, the chance to take the LSAT a second time if you stumble on the first go, and applying earlier in the cycle will all improve your results substantially - maybe to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars.

sayubi720

Post by sayubi720 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:43 am

icechicken wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:52 pm
Absent a compelling reason to start law school in 2019, I'd hold off. A few more months to study, the chance to take the LSAT a second time if you stumble on the first go, and applying earlier in the cycle will all improve your results substantially - maybe to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars.
Age is the only compelling reason! I'd rather apply now than when I'm 33 but asides from that, I completely agree with you. What I have planned is to take the January 2019 LSATs....if I get a decent score (still have two months to prepare), I'm good. If not, I'll study just as hard for another 5 - 6 months and re-take the LSATs.