Waitlist update??

General admissions strategy questions, what are my chances, discussion of specific application materials like financial aid and scholarships.
cshook86

Waitlist update??

Post by cshook86 » Fri May 24, 2019 3:59 pm

I’ve been waitlisted at my top choice law school since mid February. I’ve been proactive since then and sent an LOCI, stayed in contact with the admissions office and even flew across the country (from Florida to Oregon) to visit campus and meet with someone in the admissions office. Yesterday I received an email from the school labeled as an update to the waitlist. The email was basically asking for me to reply and let them know if I’m still interested in remaining on the waitlist and if I would accept in short notice if an offer of admission is presented. This is the only school I’ve been waitlisted at and as previously mentioned is my top choice. Do law schools typically send out an email like this to everyone on the waitlist or should I take it as a glimmer of hope?

UVA2B

Re: Waitlist update??

Post by UVA2B » Fri May 24, 2019 4:02 pm

It’s pretty typical, they’re trying to pare down their WL in case they have to move on the WL.

What school in Oregon is your top choice coming from Florida, and respectfully, why?

cshook86

Post by cshook86 » Sat May 25, 2019 12:55 am

Lewis and Clark bc of the Center for Animal Law Studies and I love Portland. I’ve already been accepted to Willamette in Salem with a good scholarship so worst case scenario I’ll go there and transfer later if I still want to. I just don’t want to get too excited or hopeful for nothing over this email.

HelloYesThisIsDog

Post by HelloYesThisIsDog » Sun May 26, 2019 1:50 pm

cshook86 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 12:55 am
Lewis and Clark bc of the Center for Animal Law Studies and I love Portland. I’ve already been accepted to Willamette in Salem with a good scholarship so worst case scenario I’ll go there and transfer later if I still want to. I just don’t want to get too excited or hopeful for nothing over this email.
Are you planning to practice law in the PNW?

Many students who are admitted off the waitlist receive little to no scholarship. Are you planning on paying full freight tuition at Lewis and Clark?

cshook86

Post by cshook86 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:20 pm

HelloYesThisIsDog wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 1:50 pm
cshook86 wrote:

Many students who are admitted off the waitlist receive little to no scholarship. Are you planning on paying full freight tuition at Lewis and Clark?
Yeah I plan to practice in the PNW! :) and I’m totally willing to pay full tuition for L&C

blueapple

Post by blueapple » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:51 pm

cshook86 wrote:
do not enroll somewhere you wouldn't be happy to graduate from. nobody can bank on transferring

HelloYesThisIsDog

Post by HelloYesThisIsDog » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:59 pm

cshook86 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:20 pm
HelloYesThisIsDog wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 1:50 pm
cshook86 wrote:

Yeah I plan to practice in the PNW! :) and I’m totally willing to pay full tuition for L&C
Why? What is your plan for repaying that much debt?