The LSL Forums are undergoing server maintenance throughout the day Sunday, July 21, 2019. The site may be slow or unresponsive during this time. Thanks for your patience.

LSAC GPA - UGPA Difference

General admissions strategy questions, what are my chances, discussion of specific application materials like financial aid and scholarships.
teddywestside

LSAC GPA - UGPA Difference

Post by teddywestside » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:46 pm

Hi everyone, new user to the forum!

I had a quick question: If your undergrad GPA and LSAC are different, is it ok to just put your UPGA on your resume? Would it not be confusing to an admissions officer? (the difference for me would be 0.01)

Thanks in advance!

NukinFutz

Re: LSAC GPA - UGPA Difference

Post by NukinFutz » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:09 am

Just put your GPA for a given school, as that school has determined to be. A .01 differnece is insignificant, and law schools are plenty aware that your university and LSAC GPA may, or are, going to differ. Don't sweat the difference between the two. The only thing you want to avoid doing is misrepresenting your GPA whether that be your undergrad GPA or your LSAC GPA.

ajordan

Post by ajordan » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:43 am

If you have multiple schools in your history it's fine to just list your degree-granting institution and list that GPA on your resume. Obvious caveat that all previous education still needs to be sent to LSAC and the uGPA will reflect that. If there's just a calculating discrepancy between your single school and LSAC of .01 that's not going to cause anybody to bat an eye.

teddywestside

Post by teddywestside » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:18 pm

Gotcha. I feel a lot more comfortable with finishing my resume now. Thank you both!

byronpaf

LSAC GPA UGPA Difference

Post by byronpaf » Tue May 14, 2019 3:12 pm

Hi.....I have a very very basic question .....Can anyone please explain me the difference between a rollout and an implementation project.

Thanks in advance.

Danger Zone

Re: LSAC GPA UGPA Difference

Post by Danger Zone » Tue May 14, 2019 3:28 pm

byronpaf wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 3:12 pm
Hi.....I have a very very basic question .....Can anyone please explain me the difference between a rollout and an implementation project.

Thanks in advance.
Please make a new thread if you'd like to discuss something unrelated to the topic in this thread.