LSL c/o 2022 Applicants

General admissions strategy questions, what are my chances, discussion of specific application materials like financial aid and scholarships.

How decided are you?

Know where I'm going
17%
Leaning
48%
Agonizing
30%
Sitting out
4%

Total votes: 23

Jack_Kelly

LSL c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by Jack_Kelly » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:50 pm

I don't think there's a thread for this yet, so I figured I would start one as a likely reapplicant. Ideas for useful info I should put here welcome.
Last edited by Jack_Kelly on Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Purple Ranger

Re: LSL c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by Purple Ranger » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:51 pm

Checking in! I’m a reapplicant as well.

Barry

Post by Barry » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:07 pm

Ayyy!

PhDtoLaw

Post by PhDtoLaw » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:17 pm

I'm here!

Lankhs

Post by Lankhs » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:10 am

Checking in! What schools are you guys targeting? I'm aiming mainly for the T14 + a few safeties. Will you guys be applying before LSAC Forums or waiting for them?

Purple Ranger

Post by Purple Ranger » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:31 pm

Lankhs wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:10 am
I'll be targeting similar schools. I'll probably broaden the T14 to T20 and include some regional schools.

Jack_Kelly

Post by Jack_Kelly » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:45 pm

Lankhs wrote:
Checking in! What schools are you guys targeting? I'm aiming mainly for the T14 + a few safeties. Will you guys be applying before LSAC Forums or waiting for them?
Planning on 1-19 inclusively (despite nonexistent YS chances) and have been hardcore saving money to do so for months. I'm fairly debt averse and would take $$ at the lower T14 and maybe even 15-19 over sticker at CCN.

Tsuga

Post by Tsuga » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:15 pm

Checking in! Applying to T13 plus Georgetown and UCLA.

Tsuga

Post by Tsuga » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:25 pm

Lankhs wrote:
Will you guys be applying before LSAC Forums or waiting for them?
Interesting, I hadn't heard of those before. There's one in my city so I'll probably register, but idk if it'd be worth it to hold my apps if they're ready before then.

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:33 pm

Tsuga wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:25 pm
Lankhs wrote:
Will you guys be applying before LSAC Forums or waiting for them?
Interesting, I hadn't heard of those before. There's one in my city so I'll probably register, but idk if it'd be worth it to hold my apps if they're ready before then.
If you don't have a UVA fee waiver by that point, they traditionally give them out if you ask at the table.

Kiskeya

Post by Kiskeya » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:59 pm

Checking in! LSAC Forums are so late (at least in NYC)- hopefully most schools send out fee waiver email blasts beforehand.

Jack_Kelly

Post by Jack_Kelly » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:41 pm

Looking back at last year, looks like I got the NYU, Penn, and UCLA waivers several weeks after apps opened, which is a drag for someone who would like to get apps in as early as possible.

Slippin’ Jimmy

Post by Slippin’ Jimmy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:22 pm

Good luck everyone! Keep an eye out for those Duke PT invites in mid/late august. And if after some people on here/reddit report getting one you get a regular old fee waiver, go ahead and ask for one via email. That's what I did, and I'm headed there in the fall! Just be prepared to write a mini Why Duke email reply if they ask for more info. Who knows, I might be going somewhere completely different if I hadn't sent that email!

Slippin’ Jimmy

Post by Slippin’ Jimmy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:28 pm

Kiskeya wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:59 pm
Checking in! LSAC Forums are so late (at least in NYC)- hopefully most schools send out fee waiver email blasts beforehand.
They will, and I wouldn't wait on applying to attend a forum first. Being the super neurotic applicant that I was at the beginning of the cycle, I flew into DC to go to the July forum, and it was a decent experience. Got a lot of fee waivers but quite a bit of the T14 weren't giving them out yet. Best part of the trip was talking to Admissions teams. These interactions varied from having a tangible impact on my app (UVA and WashU) to awkward and in one case downright rude. The forums definitely have value to them, and if there's one semi-close take the day to check things out.

rachelac

Post by rachelac » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:21 am

Poking my nose in as a deferral, happy to answer any questions I can/waste time at work on here for another year

fhgvgs

Post by fhgvgs » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:17 pm

Slippin’ Jimmy wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:28 pm
Kiskeya wrote:
They will, and I wouldn't wait on applying to attend a forum first. Being the super neurotic applicant that I was at the beginning of the cycle, I flew into DC to go to the July forum, and it was a decent experience. Got a lot of fee waivers but quite a bit of the T14 weren't giving them out yet. Best part of the trip was talking to Admissions teams. These interactions varied from having a tangible impact on my app (UVA and WashU) to awkward and in one case downright rude. The forums definitely have value to them, and if there's one semi-close take the day to check things out.
Curious if you care to elaborate on how the rude interaction at the forum went. Was it your fault or the rudeness of the admissions team?

beekind

Post by beekind » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:17 pm

Checking in as a reapplicant! :)
Applying to the T13, WashU, and Vandy. My goal is to apply as early as possible while still getting several good rounds of edits with multiple people on my materials since I think the timing of my apps last cycle were what got me. Hoping for better results with a stronger app all around.

Slippin’ Jimmy

Post by Slippin’ Jimmy » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:07 pm

fhgvgs wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:17 pm
Slippin’ Jimmy wrote:
Kiskeya wrote:
Curious if you care to elaborate on how the rude interaction at the forum went. Was it your fault or the rudeness of the admissions team?
I don't believe it was my fault, I asked something about where they place graduates and the person at the table got all haughty and dismissive towards me. IMHO it was a valid question and appropriate for the forum, and I'm very surprised they acted that way. Still applied though.

Hey_Everybody

Post by Hey_Everybody » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:24 pm

Slippin’ Jimmy wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:07 pm
fhgvgs wrote:
Slippin’ Jimmy wrote:
Kiskeya wrote:
I don't believe it was my fault, I asked something about where they place graduates and the person at the table got all haughty and dismissive towards me. IMHO it was a valid question and appropriate for the forum, and I'm very surprised they acted that way. Still applied though.
Haha yeah, during an interview I asked a question about how a certain T20, but not T14, school placed in my region and they seemed to get pretty offended and said "We're a national school," in kind of a hostile tone. Could be something of a sore spot for schools in that range lol

Slippin’ Jimmy

Post by Slippin’ Jimmy » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:43 pm

Hey_Everybody wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:24 pm
Slippin’ Jimmy wrote:
fhgvgs wrote:
Slippin’ Jimmy wrote:
Kiskeya wrote:
Haha yeah, during an interview I asked a question about how a certain T20, but not T14, school placed in my region and they seemed to get pretty offended and said "We're a national school," in kind of a hostile tone. Could be something of a sore spot for schools in that range lol
This was actually a T14, which made it even more confusing. At the end of the day it really wasn't a big deal, just odd.

DaydreamNation

Post by DaydreamNation » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:19 am

Hey_Everybody wrote:
Slippin’ Jimmy wrote:
fhgvgs wrote:
Slippin’ Jimmy wrote:
Kiskeya wrote:
You can just say it was WashU, we don't mind haha

UnionThug

Post by UnionThug » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:16 pm

Checking in as a first-time applicant! I'll be attending the forum on Saturday in DC and live in the area if anyone needs help with finding what to do in the city! I'll be applying to basically every DC school and most of the VA schools. #1 goal is UVA so if I get my LSAT high enough (splitter) so I may even ED. I'll also throw some applications at lower T-14 but I'm not too invested.

KENYADIGG1T

Post by KENYADIGG1T » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:27 pm

Hey everyone!

If I may introduce myself: I'm KENYADIGG1T (Go by Kenya on these boards), and I'm also going to be part of c/o 2022 with y'all. I'm a deferral, but I just want to be a resource/sounding board for any questions you may have about the application process. I wish you all the best with your applications, and I look forward to hopefully attending law school with y'all fall 2019!

KENYADIGG1T

Post by KENYADIGG1T » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:28 pm

rachelac wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:21 am
Poking my nose in as a deferral, happy to answer any questions I can/waste time at work on here for another year
I see I'm not alone here :lol: :lol:

Hey_Everybody

Post by Hey_Everybody » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:42 pm

DaydreamNation wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:19 am
Hey_Everybody wrote:
Slippin’ Jimmy wrote:
fhgvgs wrote:
Slippin’ Jimmy wrote:
Kiskeya wrote:
You can just say it was WashU, we don't mind haha
You nailed it lol