LSAC GPA Higher?

General admissions strategy questions, what are my chances, discussion of specific application materials like financial aid and scholarships.
tfameridam

LSAC GPA Higher?

Post by tfameridam » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:23 am

Hi,

I have two questions. First, I just checked my Academic Summary Report, and my LSAC GPA is higher (>.1) than the GPA with which I finished undergrad. For context, I triple-majored in undergrad and so spent extra time in school. As best I can tell, LSAC calculated my GPA at the point where I met my institution's hourly requirement for a degree. I was planning to attach an addendum explaining why two semesters after this period were weaker and lowered my overall GPA, but am I otherwise good to go as far as my LSAC GPA?

Secondly, I am currently enrolled in a graduate program abroad. I am in my first year and have not yet been examined, so I have no grades. I am unclear if I am actually even required to report this institution (since I've completed less than 1 year, and it's international). I am also a bit unsure how to proceed within CAS, because there is no way (I think) to have a simple certificate of enrollment processed in time for application deadlines. I'd appreciate advice on how to proceed.

icechicken
Lost in the sauce

Re: LSAC GPA Higher?

Post by icechicken » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:31 am

Not sure you need an addendum to explain the GPA situation. LSAC doesn't count post-bacc credits per policy and I don't see the benefit in drawing attention to the weakest part of your transcript when there's nothing to explain.

You need to report the graduate work most likely. Have you tried simply requesting a transcript? I'm worried it might be a hassle with your overseas school/LSAC/COVID and you want to get started on sorting it out yesterday.

tfameridam

Re: LSAC GPA Higher?

Post by tfameridam » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:56 am

icechicken wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:31 am
Not sure you need an addendum to explain the GPA situation. LSAC doesn't count post-bacc credits per policy and I don't see the benefit in drawing attention to the weakest part of your transcript when there's nothing to explain.

You need to report the graduate work most likely. Have you tried simply requesting a transcript? I'm worried it might be a hassle with your overseas school/LSAC/COVID and you want to get started on sorting it out yesterday.
What's strange is that I applied for my degrees at the same time (long-after the semester LSAC treated as my last). Had I split the degrees myself, I would be less confused, but LSAC recalculated as if I had completed as soon as met my hourly requirements, not when I applied for my degree.