number of years in undergrad and LSAC GPA

General admissions strategy questions, what are my chances, discussion of specific application materials like financial aid and scholarships.
help1

number of years in undergrad and LSAC GPA

Post by help1 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:20 pm

When LSAC calculates one's undergraduate GPA, does calculate it regardless of the number of years he was in undergrad?
For example, I was in undergrad for 5 years (stayed an extra year with an intention to do a secondary major but ended up switching it to a minor) -- does it calculate the GPA only up to the fourth year or so? I assumed it would take into account of all 5 years, but I just wanted to make sure.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

RichardMilhousNixon

Re: number of years in undergrad and LSAC GPA

Post by RichardMilhousNixon » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:39 pm

It should include all five years unless one of those years was after you completed your first degree. (Like if you completed a degree in four years and then when back and started another degree for the fifth year. In that case, the GPA for the fifth year won't count.)

help1

Post by help1 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:55 pm

So you're saying that if I received with my B.S. after the five years, then it should include all five years in calculation of GPA, right?

RichardMilhousNixon

Post by RichardMilhousNixon » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:40 pm

help1 wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:55 pm
So you're saying that if I received with my B.S. after the five years, then it should include all five years in calculation of GPA, right?
Yep!