Evaluation of International Master's Transcripts

General admissions strategy questions, what are my chances, discussion of specific application materials like financial aid and scholarships.
blueroses

Evaluation of International Master's Transcripts

Post by blueroses » Thu May 28, 2020 2:18 am

I completed my undergraduate degree at an American college and then received a master's degree from an Oxbridge university in the UK. I am applying to law schools and wondering how LSAC's credential assembly service (CAS) handles foreign master's degrees. I know master's grades are not included in the undergraduate GPA calculation, but does CAS evaluate UK master's transcripts in any other way? I have heard that CAS evaluates UK undergraduate transcripts using designations such as "superior," "above average," etc. Is this the case for UK master's transcripts as well? Any insight from anyone who has applied to law school with a foreign master's degree would be extremely helpful. Thanks!

haus

Re: Evaluation of International Master's Transcripts

Post by haus » Thu May 28, 2020 8:36 am

I applied to law school having completed a masters from thenUnited States). My observation is that it seemed to make little to no difference in the breakdown for acceptance/rejections.

I suspect that a masters from the UK would be similar.