Long-time users: please note that the prosilver and Allanstyle-subsilver styles will be phased out in the coming months due to upcoming site update incompatibilities. If you use either style, you can change back to the default proflat style at any time in your User Control Panel, or simply wait for the update to do so automatically. Thanks for your patience, and apologies to any folks who prefer the old look.

What are my chances - 170 2.99 URM

Join in the wild mass guessing about the odds of your numbers getting you into a particular school.
cocacolavenom

What are my chances - 170 2.99 URM

Post by cocacolavenom » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:13 pm

Hey guys,

I'm biracial - mother is South African and father South Asian. I have multiple takes 4+, worked in the bulge bracket, a private equity firm, and graduated in 2015. I was rejected from all the T-14 school's last cycle with a 167 where I applied mid-January.

I'm applied to all the T-14 schools with the exception of Y and S in mid-October to Nov.3rd. Also, I did early decision 1 to Penn and plan on doing ED to UVA or Georgetown if I get rejected. I've been accepted to WUSTL.

What do you think my chances in the T-14 are and specific schools? Thank you all!

Stranger

Re: What are my chances - 170 2.99 URM

Post by Stranger » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:52 pm

I
That's not an especially useful resource for a URM splitter, but it does point to the typical three T14s: UVA, Northwestern, and GULC. I think OP's Penn/UVA ED plan is probably a solid one for maximizing those chances.

paperchaser

Post by paperchaser » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:11 pm

Stranger wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:52 pm
I
That's not an especially useful resource for a URM splitter, but it does point to the typical three T14s: UVA, Northwestern, and GULC. I think OP's Penn/UVA ED plan is probably a solid one for maximizing those chances.
True, but more helpful than my uninformed guess. Just trying to be of some use. Not like anyone can really predict OP's outcomes given all the noise that comes with the scarce data on URM super splitters. Getting into CCN is not out of the question. Then again, neither is the possibility of not getting into any schools better than WUSTL. C'est la vie

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:34 pm

paperchaser wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:11 pm
Stranger wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:52 pm
I
True, but more helpful than my uninformed guess. Just trying to be of some use. Not like anyone can really predict OP's outcomes given all the noise that comes with the scarce data on URM super splitters. Getting into CCN is not out of the question. Then again, neither is the possibility of not getting into any schools better than WUSTL. C'est la vie
I'm pretty sure someone ran the numbers on H, and I'm confident from what I heard of those that OP isn't getting in there, but beyond that, I think it boils down to which schools feel like they don't have enough URMs this year, with boosts for Penn/Mich/UVA/Northwestern/GULC into "If I had to guess, I'd say one of those" territory.