3.3/166 Additional Information Included

Join in the wild mass guessing about the odds of your numbers getting you into a particular school.
otisreadingcomp

3.3/166 Additional Information Included

Post by otisreadingcomp » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:05 am

I don't think I am particularly unique, but I feel I am in a bit of a rut. Over the course of the last year, I have been studying for the LSAT, I took it three time. The first time, I got a 163, the second time, a 166, and I just got my score today, another 166.

I'm annoyed because I worked so hard for so long and was consistently doing better on practice tests. I know the advice will be to retake, but we're in the cycle and I have a full-time job, so I don't have time to resume studying right now.

Unfortunately, my GPA is only a 3.3, but it is from a top 20 school notorious for grade deflation. I also had an upward trend. My senior year GPA was a 3.6 and I have good "Tier 3" softs. I hope both of these help.

I was intending on applying to most of the schools in the T14; however, now I am wondering which of those schools are worth it. I am also applying to many schools outside of the T14.

With my stats, softs, and as strong of an application as possible, which T14 schools – if any – will I still have a shot at?

At the end of the day, I do understand that none of this matters. What matters most is how I do once I get to law school, but I would still like to do the best that I can. Thank you for the help.

Platopus

Re: 3.3/166 Additional Information Included

Post by Platopus » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:29 am

Unfortunately, I don’t think you have a very good chance at the T14. Instead of focusing there, I would figure out where you want to work after graduation and target schools in that region.

UVA2B

Post by UVA2B » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:34 am

Platopus wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:29 am
Unfortunately, I don’t think you have a very good chance at the T14. Instead of focusing there, I would figure out where you want to work after graduation and target schools in that region.
This is almost exactly what I was going to say, word for word.

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:51 pm

Here, this may help.

There are definitely schools where you could get a good scholarship, you just need to think about where you want to work and apply to the ones that can get you there.

LaLaLaw

Post by LaLaLaw » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:35 pm

What are your softs? What job do you have and what’s your major? Generally I think the above advice is correct, but I have seen strong softs carrying lower lsat/gaps to admission at the lower T14s—but with no money so probably not worth it in the end.