GPA 2.8 LSAT 175..Can I?

Join in the wild mass guessing about the odds of your numbers getting you into a particular school.
ryazyle

GPA 2.8 LSAT 175..Can I?

Post by ryazyle » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:31 am

I'm a foreign student, and my circumstances is quite the bizzare one.

When we transfer universities、even the most prestigious schools dont care about GPA as long as I get the required amount of credit. All what matters is the extremely competitive entrance exam that takes an average 1 year to prepare for.

So I took an online college course that gave me credits、but wasn't able to focus any on that so I got a 1.8 GPA.

But I did manage to get accepted in one of the best schools in my country as a 3rd year, and then got a 3.8 for the two years of enrollment

But still. the average would be 2.8 GPA. :cry:

Is there any chance that my circumstances be taken
into consideration, or would a be a strict" Nope a 2.8 is a 2.8" ?

What would be my chances for the big shots?

heythatslife

Re: GPA 2.8 LSAT 175..Can I?

Post by heythatslife » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:41 am

Wait so you’re saying you did your undergrad outside of US/Canada? If so, your GPA carries less weight because LSAC will convert those grades into generic tiers (e.g. “Superior”, “Above Average”, etc.) and schools count those out for reporting statistics. I’ve never heard of anyone with anything other than a “Superior” rating get into HYS, but you probably have a decent shot at getting a couple of the lower T14s to bite (possibly even with some scholarship money).

pancakes3

Re: GPA 2.8 LSAT 175..Can I?

Post by pancakes3 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:28 am

if by big shots you mean T14, then yes. apply to all of them. a 175 carries clout. but like HTL said, HYS is a long shot but don't let that discourage you.