I made a better version of LSN with automated status checking

School-specific applicants threads, waiting for results, announcements of acceptances/denials/waitlists.
LawSchoolData

I made a better version of LSN with automated status checking

Post by LawSchoolData »

Hi all! I made a better version of LSN with automated status checking: https://www.lawschooldata.org

Site features:
  • Automated status checking
  • Wave detection - ticker on home page and if one applicant receives a final decision, all other applicants for that school will have their statuses automatically checked.
  • LSN-style application tracking and comparison with other applicants
  • Automated decision recording
  • Pretty graphs - see https://www.lawschooldata.org/school
  • Integrated ABA 509 data
Notable improvements over LSN:
  • Automated status checking. Over 150,000 statuses automatically checked. That's over 1000 hours saved, assuming 30 seconds per status.
  • UR and interview date entry. It won't benefit us this cycle, but think of the children!
  • Mobile friendly
  • Automated LSN sync. Updates from LSN are automatically imported and displayed on LSData.
  • Faster load times
  • Better UI/graphs
  • Made by a 0L (not sure if this is a plus)
If you log into your LSN account, you should see a message from LawSchoolData with instructions on how to migrate over to LSData. This probably failed if you had a funny character in your LSN username. If that's the case, send me a PM.

Why am I doing this? I want to be able to eat more than ramen in law school so I'm going to add ads soon. It also helps me keep my mind off my lack of a KJ2 (pls Harvard, notice how I will contribute to your community).

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.
ajordan

Re: I made a better version of LSN with automated status checking

Post by ajordan »

This is so great. Thank you for doing this!
AmyJackson

Re: I made a better version of LSN with automated status checking

Post by AmyJackson »

Really a great work.