Washington & Lee C/O 2022 Applicants

School-specific applicants threads, waiting for results, announcements of acceptances/denials/waitlists.
Stranger

Re: Washington & Lee C/O 2022 Applicants

Post by Stranger » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:49 pm

merintil wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:59 pm
Stranger wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:42 pm
merintil wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:38 am
Anyone going to asw in a couple of weeks? I'm super excited for it!
One of the big advantages of our February ASW is that it coincides with our Barrister's Ball. I was at February ASW last year, and they made it clear we were welcome to attend (I had to get on the road before that, unfortunately), and my understanding is that this will be true again this year.
Oh that's awesome! Do you happen to know if that's on Friday? I'm not sure if I'll have time to drive from Nova to Lexington in time.

Looking forward to meeting potential classmates!
Saturday night. After the official program.

merintil

Post by merintil » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:15 am

Stranger wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:49 pm

Well, that's exciting! Is it a black tie event? I don't know if I'll have the appropriate attire. In any event, I'll see if I can pull something together, but if I can't, then that's fine.

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:52 pm

merintil wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:15 am
Stranger wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:49 pm

Well, that's exciting! Is it a black tie event? I don't know if I'll have the appropriate attire. In any event, I'll see if I can pull something together, but if I can't, then that's fine.
It's theoretically a formal, and we encourage black tie, but plenty of folks show up on the nicer end of cocktail attire, especially the admitted students who choose to swing by.

merintil

Post by merintil » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:44 pm

W&L increased my scholarship offer by a bit!

I'm now debating between W&L and W&M. Now that I have attended both ASW events, I find myself at a loss in figuring out which school I want to go to. Both schools seem to have similar key strengths, and I am not sure if I am viewing each school objectively.

Right now, I am leaning towards W&M, but then I just received the scholarship increase email. Though, I think W&M still wins in terms of total COA, and that really appeals to me right now (as well as some other stuff that was discussed this past weekend in Williamsburg).

Has anyone discovered/realized any key interests at W&L that appeal to them?