Stanford c/o 2022 Applicants

School-specific applicants threads, waiting for results, announcements of acceptances/denials/waitlists.
cuiaba
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:05 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by cuiaba » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:15 pm

Lankhs wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:07 pm
cuiaba wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:39 pm
Have any admitted students (who've received their admit package) been able to access the admitted students' page? I've been getting "Page not found" notifications and I'm wondering if I've entered the website with a typo or something!

Thanks in advance!
Hey! So what I had to do was create a SUNet ID -- https://accounts.stanford.edu/create?execution=e1s1 -- using the number on the folder. Then I could login. There wasn't really an "admitted students" page, though, unless I missed something.
Thank you! The materials referenced the admitted students site, so that's helpful. I will try following the instructions you mentioned.

As for your other question for admitted students, I'm super excited about SLS, but definitely keeping an open mind until I see how the money works out!

User avatar
tada77
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:10 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by tada77 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:07 pm

More folks in today! Congrats to anybody who made it :)

Ilike2read
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:56 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by Ilike2read » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:22 pm

For those in, did you get an email along with the phone call? Also, how long did it take approx. to get the package in the mail. Thanks!

User avatar
necho2
Posts: 466
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:57 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by necho2 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:33 pm

As folks start getting acceptances (congrats!) wanted to advertise that I have some anecdotal info on negotiating fin aid w/ SLS that might be helpful down the line depending on your situation. Full disclosure, I went with money somewhere else, but my experience and that of people I knew in previous years was that it was a bit less of a cut and dried process than it gets characterized in the SLS handbook and website.

This all could also be totally out of date too since I'm old now! Dean Deal is still in charge, right?

g01denb3ar
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:37 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by g01denb3ar » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:29 am

Ilike2read wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:22 pm
For those in, did you get an email along with the phone call? Also, how long did it take approx. to get the package in the mail. Thanks!
Got a call (which I missed), then am email. Package came within a couple days, but I also live nearby.

User avatar
Kaziende
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:58 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by Kaziende » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:30 am

g01denb3ar wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:29 am
Got a call (which I missed), then am email. Package came within a couple days, but I also live nearby.
Congrats! What date did you go complete?

User avatar
Lankhs
Posts: 211
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:31 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by Lankhs » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:30 am

Not sure if any of you applied to Knight-Hennessy, but today's the day! Good luck.

elmandyork
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:00 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by elmandyork » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:26 pm

cuiaba wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:15 pm
Lankhs wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:07 pm
cuiaba wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:39 pm
Have any admitted students (who've received their admit package) been able to access the admitted students' page? I've been getting "Page not found" notifications and I'm wondering if I've entered the website with a typo or something!

Thanks in advance!
Hey! So what I had to do was create a SUNet ID -- https://accounts.stanford.edu/create?execution=e1s1 -- using the number on the folder. Then I could login. There wasn't really an "admitted students" page, though, unless I missed something.
Thank you! The materials referenced the admitted students site, so that's helpful. I will try following the instructions you mentioned.

As for your other question for admitted students, I'm super excited about SLS, but definitely keeping an open mind until I see how the money works out!
Also had trouble with the link listed in the mailed materials.

If you go to this link: https://law.stanford.edu/i-am-a-future- ... s-websites

and scroll to the bottom, you can click the link to access the correct log-in page.

fableti22
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:59 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by fableti22 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:44 am

Any recently accepted students just receive an invite to join the SLS Class of 2022 facebook page? I just received the invite, but the link doesn't seem to work for me.

g01denb3ar
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:37 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by g01denb3ar » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:22 pm

Kaziende wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:30 am
g01denb3ar wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:29 am
Got a call (which I missed), then am email. Package came within a couple days, but I also live nearby.
Congrats! What date did you go complete?
~November 10

buggefraiche
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:20 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by buggefraiche » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:30 pm

fableti22 wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:44 am
Any recently accepted students just receive an invite to join the SLS Class of 2022 facebook page? I just received the invite, but the link doesn't seem to work for me.
I had this issue because the email they sent it to was not the email I use for my Facebook account. I added that email as a secondary email on Facebook, and then I was able to join through their link.

rokltlwk
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:54 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by rokltlwk » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:26 am

In via email! (the email mentioned that they couldn't call me in person since I live in a different part of the world)

desertbb
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:22 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by desertbb » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:34 am

In by phone call 1/31/19!!! Complete 11/21/18.
Last edited by desertbb on Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

burtcroiz
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:12 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by burtcroiz » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:55 am

Congratulations to everyone who got in! Do you know if your status changed prior?

Ilike2read
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:56 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by Ilike2read » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:30 pm

burtcroiz wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:55 am
Congratulations to everyone who got in! Do you know if your status changed prior?
Admitted earlier in the cycle. From what I remember, my status changed well after the acceptance phone call.

HRHTDW
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:55 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by HRHTDW » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:28 pm

Hey guys,

I submitted on November and went complete 11/18. Nothing yet. Probably not a good sign, right? Have they done any dings yet?

User avatar
Kaziende
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:58 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by Kaziende » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:14 am

HRHTDW wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:28 pm
Hey guys,

I submitted on November and went complete 11/18. Nothing yet. Probably not a good sign, right? Have they done any dings yet?
Nah, I'm in the same boat. I wouldn't worry just yet. They don't move at a particularly predictable pace, and they're running a very small operation over in nerd paradise. We're still in the game until DLS.

User avatar
George Marshall
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:10 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by George Marshall » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:19 pm

Waiting patiently for that DLS...

HRHTDW
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:55 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by HRHTDW » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:18 pm

Hey Gang,

Any idea if there have been ding waves yet? When might the next one be? I'm pretty sure I'll be in it, but would like to know. A bunch of friends from ugrad have been accepted already. But IDK if they have done any serious rejecting yet?

Thanks!

User avatar
tada77
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:10 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by tada77 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:43 pm

HRHTDW wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:18 pm
Hey Gang,

Any idea if there have been ding waves yet? When might the next one be? I'm pretty sure I'll be in it, but would like to know. A bunch of friends from ugrad have been accepted already. But IDK if they have done any serious rejecting yet?

Thanks!
They have been dinging for a while, but more like in trickles (reddit is the best place to keep up with that). To me, it appears they hold a large pile of applications for the second review in April that they reference in their website. Depending on when you applied, you may be held in that. I applied at the very end of August, so I'm as close to certain as I can be that I was held. The bulk of rejections and probably all the waitlists will come in April most likely, unfortunately.

HRHTDW
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:55 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by HRHTDW » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:57 pm

Hmmm @tada77. I guess that's better than being dinged immediately. But if they hold a lot of applications, I guess it's coming regardless!

StayGolden
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:43 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by StayGolden » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:15 pm

Could an admit confirm when Stanford's Admitted Students Weekend is this year? I'm arranging my visits and would like to know SLS's dates to keep them open in the event that I'm accepted between now and April.

AlPastor
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:16 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by AlPastor » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:05 am

StayGolden wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:15 pm
Could an admit confirm when Stanford's Admitted Students Weekend is this year? I'm arranging my visits and would like to know SLS's dates to keep them open in the event that I'm accepted between now and April.
It'll be the weekend of April 14-15. Hopefully an admit can confirm exact dates.

g01denb3ar
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:37 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by g01denb3ar » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:53 pm

April 13-15

User avatar
George Marshall
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:10 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by George Marshall » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:54 pm


Checks out.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests