WUSTL c/o 2022 Applicants

School-specific applicants threads, waiting for results, announcements of acceptances/denials/waitlists.
Prudent_Jurist

Re: WUSTL c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by Prudent_Jurist » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:09 pm

pipedream wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:40 pm
You're not alone. Still waiting too (interview one week after yours)
Feels bad man

pipedream

Post by pipedream » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:13 pm

And the radio silence continues. I've been accepted to four other schools so far, including another T20, but nothing from WUSTL.

There were two TLS users that had this happen to them last year, and one of them decided to email the admissions office in late December. They got the standard "busy/all applications reviewed on a case-by-case basis" response, but they were magically admitted a few hours later. Considering my ED choice (NU) should be sending out decisions next week or the week after, I may do the same

Purple Ranger

Post by Purple Ranger » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:55 pm

In!

pipedream

Post by pipedream » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:19 pm

Officially waitlisted as of today. To be honest, though, I'm just happy to finally have a reply lol. 10 weeks after interviewing is crazy, at least compared to their usual turnaround

There goes the perfect acceptance record, which I imagine will get another ding or two in the next few weeks

prayaworm

Post by prayaworm » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:38 am

In a week ago, Scholars in Law :D

George Marshall

Post by George Marshall » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:35 pm

Have a follow-up conversation with the dean on the Dean's Fellowship award pretty soon. Anyone had one of these and know what to expect, what I should prepare, etc?

LSNlife

Post by LSNlife » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:51 am

pipedream wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:13 pm
And the radio silence continues. I've been accepted to four other schools so far, including another T20, but nothing from WUSTL.

There were two TLS users that had this happen to them last year, and one of them decided to email the admissions office in late December. They got the standard "busy/all applications reviewed on a case-by-case basis" response, but they were magically admitted a few hours later. Considering my ED choice (NU) should be sending out decisions next week or the week after, I may do the same
Honestly I wouldn’t stress especially if you applied ED to NU. I applied last year in October, interviewed November and didn’t get accepted until March (probably one of the longest waiting times of the cycle) and I still wound up getting a substantial scholar in law award. My numbers where average and sometimes they just hold off on a few candidates until they get a better sense of the pool. To all of you who are waiting, it can be stress-inducing but you’ll get your answer eventually!

thatscoutpl

Post by thatscoutpl » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:36 pm

Any updates? I applied in OCT, interviewed in NOV, and haven't heard a word. I emailed them, and got the standard 'all applications are considered on a case-by-case basis, and I haven't heard another word since. This is my absolute first choice in schools because of my ties to St. Louis, and I'm very nervous. I found out in DEC that I was selected for the Army's FLEP program, which is a big deal- maybe this will influence their decision, I don't know. Any thoughts?

lmb38

Post by lmb38 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:05 pm

Has anyone here negotiated with WUSTL? My scholarship came in much smaller than I anticipated but they are one of my top choices (only if the award comes up though, sadly). I feel like there aren't many data points on this since they are known for being super generous. But, anyone around here negotiated with success? Would love to hear what other offers have been useful in the process.

chilover691

Post by chilover691 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:00 am

lmb38 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:05 pm
Has anyone here negotiated with WUSTL? My scholarship came in much smaller than I anticipated but they are one of my top choices (only if the award comes up though, sadly). I feel like there aren't many data points on this since they are known for being super generous. But, anyone around here negotiated with success? Would love to hear what other offers have been useful in the process.
Respond to the email that had your scholarship info, then they send you a form for negotiating. Asks you what amount would get you to commit, what's the minimum you need to attend, and then asks you to explain a bit. Then there's a page where you can upload other scholarship offers, and then provide additional info at the end. Been waiting 2 weeks for mine, hoping to hear by the end of this week with deposits coming up.

Octavius

Post by Octavius » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:21 pm

This thread isn't super active, but if any of you WUSTL interested people want to join the Discord some of us 1Ls made a while ago, feel free to. It's a pretty nice way to talk to some of the people you may go to school with and some current students.

http://discord.gg/eNPVcaT