UCLA c/o 2022 Applicants

School-specific applicants threads, waiting for results, announcements of acceptances/denials/waitlists.
User avatar
Prudent_Jurist
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:15 pm

UCLA c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by Prudent_Jurist » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:47 pm

Welcome, my friends!

User avatar
merintil
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:33 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by merintil » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:49 am

Checking in! Applied 9/7 and for a while the app was sitting in my active applications, but it finally got transmitted yesterday (9/11). Not sure how this one will pan out.

User avatar
Prudent_Jurist
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:15 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by Prudent_Jurist » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:12 pm

merintil wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:49 am
Checking in! Applied 9/7 and for a while the app was sitting in my active applications, but it finally got transmitted yesterday (9/11). Not sure how this one will pan out.
Good luck to you! I applied for the full-tuition thing. It's a long shot, but, given my stats, if I could land a full ride at UCLA, that would be insane.

User avatar
merintil
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:33 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by merintil » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:34 pm

Good luck to you too! I just went for the regular decision one as I don't have the best stats in the world, haha. Definitely keep the board posted, though!

User avatar
Prudent_Jurist
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:15 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by Prudent_Jurist » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:47 pm

merintil wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:34 pm
Good luck to you too! I just went for the regular decision one as I don't have the best stats in the world, haha. Definitely keep the board posted, though!
Same here! Even getting in on regular decision would be a bit of a long shot for me as well, but I might as well go hard.

User avatar
merintil
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:33 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by merintil » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:05 pm

Prudent_Jurist wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:47 pm
merintil wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:34 pm
Good luck to you too! I just went for the regular decision one as I don't have the best stats in the world, haha. Definitely keep the board posted, though!
Same here! Even getting in on regular decision would be a bit of a long shot for me as well, but I might as well go hard.
Yeah I am sort of in that boat right now with deciding whether to shoot an ED app to Berkeley. The way I see it, the worst thing that could happen is a rejection and losing $45. On the other hand, that $75K scholarship brings the total costs to ~200k (before interest) for a non-CA resident, which could be solved by surviving in big law for several years.

I won't go on any further because I diverged from UCLA, but I can't wait for results! Do you happen to know when movement happened last year?

EDIT: Checked, looks like the second week of October. That's really not too far away!

User avatar
Prudent_Jurist
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:15 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by Prudent_Jurist » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:10 pm

merintil wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:05 pm
Prudent_Jurist wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:47 pm
merintil wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:34 pm
Good luck to you too! I just went for the regular decision one as I don't have the best stats in the world, haha. Definitely keep the board posted, though!
Same here! Even getting in on regular decision would be a bit of a long shot for me as well, but I might as well go hard.
Yeah I am sort of in that boat right now with deciding whether to shoot an ED app to Berkeley. The way I see it, the worst thing that could happen is a rejection and losing $45. On the other hand, that $75K scholarship brings the total costs to ~200k (before interest) for a non-CA resident, which could be solved by surviving in big law for several years.

I won't go on any further because I diverged from UCLA, but I can't wait for results! Do you happen to know when movement happened last year?

EDIT: Checked, looks like the second week of October. That's really not too far away!
That soon! That's awesome. Best of luck!

User avatar
Prudent_Jurist
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:15 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by Prudent_Jurist » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:41 pm

Also, status checker email received today!

User avatar
merintil
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:33 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by merintil » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:18 pm

Prudent_Jurist wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:41 pm
Also, status checker email received today!
Me too! Now I can add one more status checker to obsess over and speculate wild things about.

User avatar
Prudent_Jurist
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:15 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by Prudent_Jurist » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:21 pm

merintil wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:18 pm
Prudent_Jurist wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:41 pm
Also, status checker email received today!
Me too! Now I can add one more status checker to obsess over and speculate wild things about.
Sweet! Although I just heard that the UCLA status checker is functionally useful. They don't really update it at all, apparently.

User avatar
merintil
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:33 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by merintil » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:53 pm

Prudent_Jurist wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:21 pm
merintil wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:18 pm
Prudent_Jurist wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:41 pm
Also, status checker email received today!
Me too! Now I can add one more status checker to obsess over and speculate wild things about.
Sweet! Although I just heard that the UCLA status checker is functionally useful. They don't really update it at all, apparently.
Whelp. I think you saved me at least thirty minutes of refreshing for the course of this cycle, haha.

User avatar
Prudent_Jurist
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:15 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by Prudent_Jurist » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:05 pm

merintil wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:53 pm
Prudent_Jurist wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:21 pm
merintil wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:18 pm
Prudent_Jurist wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:41 pm
Also, status checker email received today!
Me too! Now I can add one more status checker to obsess over and speculate wild things about.
Sweet! Although I just heard that the UCLA status checker is functionally useful. They don't really update it at all, apparently.
Whelp. I think you saved me at least thirty minutes of refreshing for the course of this cycle, haha.
I know, right? I'm struggling no hard to not already be neurotic about it all.

damask_rain
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:58 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by damask_rain » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:42 am

Why does the UCLA app take so long to go complete: My account saya attention, the CAS was not sent to UCLA.

:( :shock:

User avatar
merintil
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:33 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by merintil » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:45 pm

damask_rain wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:42 am
Why does the UCLA app take so long to go complete: My account saya attention, the CAS was not sent to UCLA.

:( :shock:
Is it complete on LSAC's end? Or does your status checker say something contrary to LSAC?

damask_rain
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:58 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by damask_rain » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:32 pm

merintil wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:45 pm
damask_rain wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:42 am
Why does the UCLA app take so long to go complete: My account saya attention, the CAS was not sent to UCLA.

:( :shock:
Is it complete on LSAC's end? Or does your status checker say something contrary to LSAC?
It says below it is because UCLA hasn't requested my CAS report. I haven't received an email from UCLA saying they have received my app. I was just wondering why it takes them so long to request. :(

User avatar
merintil
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:33 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by merintil » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:11 pm

damask_rain wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:32 pm
merintil wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:45 pm
damask_rain wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:42 am
Why does the UCLA app take so long to go complete: My account saya attention, the CAS was not sent to UCLA.

:( :shock:
Is it complete on LSAC's end? Or does your status checker say something contrary to LSAC?
It says below it is because UCLA hasn't requested my CAS report. I haven't received an email from UCLA saying they have received my app. I was just wondering why it takes them so long to request. :(
Oh! Give it some time, I think it took almost a week or something before my application status updated. If it has been longer than a couple of weeks, call the admissions office.

User avatar
Jack_Kelly
Posts: 606
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:40 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by Jack_Kelly » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:13 pm

based on past years, shouldn't there be movement here soon?

User avatar
merintil
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:33 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by merintil » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:25 pm

Hmm I was surprised to read that in the other website last year, people heard back in late September. I wonder if last year's cycle let to a change in their admissions process. Perhaps they are being a bit more conservative with when and how many people they accept at this point in the cycle.

User avatar
merintil
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:33 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by merintil » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:46 am

Jack_Kelly wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:13 pm
based on past years, shouldn't there be movement here soon?
I took a look at LSN, and apparently someone was accepted on Sept. 20! Though, that's the only person who has posted an acceptance from UCLA.

User avatar
Prudent_Jurist
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:15 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by Prudent_Jurist » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:55 am

merintil wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:46 am
Jack_Kelly wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:13 pm
based on past years, shouldn't there be movement here soon?
I took a look at LSN, and apparently someone was accepted on Sept. 20! Though, that's the only person who has posted an acceptance from UCLA.
Oh wow! I applied for the full ride, so I likely won't hear back until December.

User avatar
merintil
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:33 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by merintil » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:52 am

Prudent_Jurist wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:55 am
merintil wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:46 am
Jack_Kelly wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:13 pm
based on past years, shouldn't there be movement here soon?
I took a look at LSN, and apparently someone was accepted on Sept. 20! Though, that's the only person who has posted an acceptance from UCLA.
Oh wow! I applied for the full ride, so I likely won't hear back until December.
I probably won't hear back until November or December. We'll see though! I'm rooting for you!

Gitaroo_Dude
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:14 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by Gitaroo_Dude » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:16 pm

Hey all,

I'm a 2L at UCLA, happy to answer any questions I can about the school or admissions process.

User avatar
merintil
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:33 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by merintil » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:00 pm

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:16 pm
Hey all,

I'm a 2L at UCLA, happy to answer any questions I can about the school or admissions process.
Thank you for taking the time to answer questions! What aspect of UCLA do you value the most thus far? Also, how feasible is it for someone to get LA Big Law without ties to LA (outside of attending UCLA). Is someone at median able to get LA Big Law?

User avatar
Prudent_Jurist
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:15 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by Prudent_Jurist » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:01 am

merintil wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:00 pm
Gitaroo_Dude wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:16 pm
Hey all,

I'm a 2L at UCLA, happy to answer any questions I can about the school or admissions process.
Thank you for taking the time to answer questions! What aspect of UCLA do you value the most thus far? Also, how feasible is it for someone to get LA Big Law without ties to LA (outside of attending UCLA). Is someone at median able to get LA Big Law?
On the flip-side of this question, what do you see as the biggest flaw of the program at UCLA?

LS_2018
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:09 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by LS_2018 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:12 pm

Hey guys. Happy to report that I was admitted to UCLA on September 20th!

I'll respond to PMs for stats.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SadCowboysFan and 22 guests