Irvine c/o 2022 Applicants

School-specific applicants threads, waiting for results, announcements of acceptances/denials/waitlists.
User avatar
Prudent_Jurist
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:15 pm

Irvine c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by Prudent_Jurist » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:46 pm

Welcome, my friends!

User avatar
merintil
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:33 am

Re: Irvine c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by merintil » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:48 am

Checking in! Applied 9/7, still haven't received an email acknowledgement or status tracker info.

User avatar
Prudent_Jurist
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:15 pm

Re: Irvine c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by Prudent_Jurist » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:13 pm

merintil wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:48 am
Checking in! Applied 9/7, still haven't received an email acknowledgement or status tracker info.
We seem to be applying to mostly the same programs, ha! Same on my end-- no email acknowledgment or status tracker. According to LSN for last cycle, though, it doesn't sound like there will be any movement until the end of November/early December.

User avatar
merintil
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:33 am

Re: Irvine c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by merintil » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:35 pm

Prudent_Jurist wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:13 pm
merintil wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:48 am
Checking in! Applied 9/7, still haven't received an email acknowledgement or status tracker info.
We seem to be applying to mostly the same programs, ha! Same on my end-- no email acknowledgment or status tracker. According to LSN for last cycle, though, it doesn't sound like there will be any movement until the end of November/early December.
Yeah, that's pretty funny, and I think I've seen you post on the law school admissions subreddit too. I'm wondering why there isn't as much activity on this forum.

Thanks for letting me know about Irvine's movement; I didn't realize it took them a little bit of time to process the applications.

User avatar
Prudent_Jurist
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:15 pm

Re: Irvine c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by Prudent_Jurist » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:45 pm

merintil wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:35 pm
Prudent_Jurist wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:13 pm
merintil wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:48 am
Checking in! Applied 9/7, still haven't received an email acknowledgement or status tracker info.
We seem to be applying to mostly the same programs, ha! Same on my end-- no email acknowledgment or status tracker. According to LSN for last cycle, though, it doesn't sound like there will be any movement until the end of November/early December.
Yeah, that's pretty funny, and I think I've seen you post on the law school admissions subreddit too. I'm wondering why there isn't as much activity on this forum.

Thanks for letting me know about Irvine's movement; I didn't realize it took them a little bit of time to process the applications.
No worries! I think it'll take time to get more activity here. Looking at threads in this sub-forum, at least, most threads didn't start or pick up until November, December, or January. We're just very early!

User avatar
merintil
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:33 am

Re: Irvine c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by merintil » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:01 pm

Prudent_Jurist wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:45 pm
merintil wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:35 pm
Prudent_Jurist wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:13 pm
merintil wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:48 am
Checking in! Applied 9/7, still haven't received an email acknowledgement or status tracker info.
We seem to be applying to mostly the same programs, ha! Same on my end-- no email acknowledgment or status tracker. According to LSN for last cycle, though, it doesn't sound like there will be any movement until the end of November/early December.
Yeah, that's pretty funny, and I think I've seen you post on the law school admissions subreddit too. I'm wondering why there isn't as much activity on this forum.

Thanks for letting me know about Irvine's movement; I didn't realize it took them a little bit of time to process the applications.
No worries! I think it'll take time to get more activity here. Looking at threads in this sub-forum, at least, most threads didn't start or pick up until November, December, or January. We're just very early!
I noticed that too! But I think that might be more of when people migrated from the other website to this one. The other website has threads that began in July, which is kind of amazing.

In any case, it is super exciting to be a part of the process; though, I have now become obsessed with checking the status checker.

AnnaliseK
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:12 pm

Re: Irvine c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by AnnaliseK » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:24 pm

Checking in!

Par0levid3nce
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:24 pm

Re: Irvine c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by Par0levid3nce » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:34 pm

Checking in!

I went complete late last cycle and got WL'd. Let's hope for a better result this cycle HAHAHA.

User avatar
Prudent_Jurist
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:15 pm

Re: Irvine c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by Prudent_Jurist » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:15 pm

Par0levid3nce wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:34 pm
Checking in!

I went complete late last cycle and got WL'd. Let's hope for a better result this cycle HAHAHA.
Best of luck this cycle!

Par0levid3nce
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:24 pm

Re: Irvine c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by Par0levid3nce » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:13 pm

Prudent_Jurist wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:15 pm
Par0levid3nce wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:34 pm
Checking in!

I went complete late last cycle and got WL'd. Let's hope for a better result this cycle HAHAHA.
Best of luck this cycle!
Thank you! Same to you and everyone else :D

lemareschal
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:43 pm

Re: Irvine c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by lemareschal » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:12 pm

I submitted a while ago and have yet to get even a confirmation they received my materials. Is that normal?

User avatar
merintil
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:33 am

Re: Irvine c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by merintil » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:45 pm

According to a post on reddit, Irvine won't send application complete emails until late October.

lmb38
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:02 pm

Re: Irvine c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by lmb38 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:36 pm

Likely applying this year, but I applied last year. I sent it in super late (end of Feb), but 3 days after sending I got a confirmation. FYI, there was no tracker though. WLs and dings went out snail mail, and I believe acceptances came via e-mail. Weird that they don't confirm right away for early apps... must just send it out when they start reviewing.

User avatar
Prudent_Jurist
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:15 pm

Re: Irvine c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by Prudent_Jurist » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:59 pm

lmb38 wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:36 pm
Likely applying this year, but I applied last year. I sent it in super late (end of Feb), but 3 days after sending I got a confirmation. FYI, there was no tracker though. WLs and dings went out snail mail, and I believe acceptances came via e-mail. Weird that they don't confirm right away for early apps... must just send it out when they start reviewing.
Thanks for the helpful info! Best of luck to you this time around!

User avatar
merintil
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:33 am

Re: Irvine c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by merintil » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:13 am

I don't know if this is worth mentioning, but yesterday, I was able to gain access to the status checker by requesting a password reset. The username was the same as the ones for my other LSAC-sponsored status checkers (with exception to two of them that uses a different username).

The process involved answering a security question that I never set for Irvine, but when I typed in an answer that I chose for my other LSAC-sponsored status checkers, I received a password reset email, and I was able to access the status checker after setting up the password and new security question.

The status checker currently does not have any information regarding application status or decision. It only lists some biographical information and your LORs.

NukinFutz
Posts: 189
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:16 pm

Re: Irvine c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by NukinFutz » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:59 am

lmb38 wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:36 pm
Likely applying this year, but I applied last year. I sent it in super late (end of Feb), but 3 days after sending I got a confirmation. FYI, there was no tracker though. WLs and dings went out snail mail, and I believe acceptances came via e-mail. Weird that they don't confirm right away for early apps... must just send it out when they start reviewing.
Indeed, acceptances came via email last year. The subject header was odd though: "Your going to want to read this!"

User avatar
merintil
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:33 am

Re: Irvine c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by merintil » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:58 am

I just received a couple of emails that my application has been received as well as the status checker information.

Funnily, instead of the usual random letters/numbers, my password is all in asterisks. So, I don't think there was too much of an issue by getting unprompted access to the status checker. Another checker to add to the collection!

User avatar
Prudent_Jurist
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:15 pm

Re: Irvine c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by Prudent_Jurist » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:58 am

merintil wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:58 am
I just received a couple of emails that my application has been received as well as the status checker information.

Funnily, instead of the usual random letters/numbers, my password is all in asterisks. So, I don't think there was too much of an issue by getting unprompted access to the status checker. Another checker to add to the collection!
Me too! It's a relief to have it go through.

User avatar
merintil
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:33 am

Re: Irvine c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by merintil » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:38 pm

Status checker says my app is in review!

When I checked it this morning, it didn't actually have anything. Though, upon further reflection, I suppose that the EDT and PDT time difference meant that no one hit a checkbox or something over in the west coast.

Studystudystudy
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:46 am

Re: Irvine c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by Studystudystudy » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:11 pm

Current 1L if anyone has questions! I will do my best to answer them.

User avatar
Prudent_Jurist
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:15 pm

Re: Irvine c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by Prudent_Jurist » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:43 pm

merintil wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:38 pm
Status checker says my app is in review!

When I checked it this morning, it didn't actually have anything. Though, upon further reflection, I suppose that the EDT and PDT time difference meant that no one hit a checkbox or something over in the west coast.
I have the same status! Let's hope that means good news soon!

User avatar
merintil
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:33 am

Re: Irvine c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by merintil » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:12 pm

Prudent_Jurist wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:43 pm
merintil wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:38 pm
Status checker says my app is in review!

When I checked it this morning, it didn't actually have anything. Though, upon further reflection, I suppose that the EDT and PDT time difference meant that no one hit a checkbox or something over in the west coast.
I have the same status! Let's hope that means good news soon!
I hope so too! Let's hear some great news on the near future!

Par0levid3nce
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:24 pm

Re: Irvine c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by Par0levid3nce » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:10 am

Submitted last night! ^__^

User avatar
Prudent_Jurist
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:15 pm

Re: Irvine c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by Prudent_Jurist » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:28 am

Par0levid3nce wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:10 am
Submitted last night! ^__^
Welcome to the waiting room! Best of luck to you!

Par0levid3nce
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:24 pm

Re: Irvine c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by Par0levid3nce » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:42 pm

Prudent_Jurist wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:28 am
Par0levid3nce wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:10 am
Submitted last night! ^__^
Welcome to the waiting room! Best of luck to you!
How long was your wait between submitting and receiving confirmation from UCI? I was getting a bit anxious but then I remembered others mention receiving confirmation from UCI *weeks* after, lol.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chicitymex, PhDtoLaw and 5 guests