Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

School-specific applicants threads, waiting for results, announcements of acceptances/denials/waitlists.

If I get into HLS, I will . . .

Sign my commitment form the same night
22
28%
Wait a few days to calm down and then commit
16
21%
Wait for finaid - I might take a full ride elsewhere
27
35%
Wait for finaid - I might take a half ride elsewhere
7
9%
Try to leverage it to get into Yale (not gonna work)
6
8%
 
Total votes: 78

buggefraiche
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:20 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by buggefraiche » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:33 pm

Guile wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:20 pm
someone just slide into their insta DMs and see when they droppin'. fail proof tactic
Nose goes

User avatar
Guile
Posts: 305
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:42 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by Guile » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:10 pm

redvelvetirene wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:51 pm
Guile wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:33 pm
west wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:33 pm
FinallyLiveaLittle wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:12 am
It seems like there have been fewer JS1's up to this point compared to past cycles.
Really? How did you determine this?
iirc it's bc of less waves
Also, not too sure about how it compares to the past years, but the 1st, 4th and 5th waves for this cycle were particularly small..
I think the 1st had ~50 ppl

User avatar
lawschoolhopeful
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:45 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by lawschoolhopeful » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:40 pm

Guile wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:10 pm
redvelvetirene wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:51 pm
Guile wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:33 pm
west wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:33 pm
FinallyLiveaLittle wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:12 am
It seems like there have been fewer JS1's up to this point compared to past cycles.
Really? How did you determine this?
iirc it's bc of less waves
Also, not too sure about how it compares to the past years, but the 1st, 4th and 5th waves for this cycle were particularly small..
I think the 1st had ~50 ppl
I thought it was MUCH smaller than that

app
Posts: 223
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by app » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:55 pm

anyone here still waiting to apply this cycle? i don't know if they do december lsat anymore but wonder if it's a disadvantage to be applying this late.

User avatar
lawschoolhopeful
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:45 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by lawschoolhopeful » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:58 pm

app wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:55 pm
anyone here still waiting to apply this cycle? i don't know if they do december lsat anymore but wonder if it's a disadvantage to be applying this late.
Applying earlier is certainly better than later. But still shoot your shot!

User avatar
redvelvetirene
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:29 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by redvelvetirene » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:12 pm

lawschoolhopeful wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:40 pm
Guile wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:10 pm
redvelvetirene wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:51 pm
Guile wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:33 pm
west wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:33 pm
FinallyLiveaLittle wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:12 am
It seems like there have been fewer JS1's up to this point compared to past cycles.
Really? How did you determine this?
iirc it's bc of less waves
Also, not too sure about how it compares to the past years, but the 1st, 4th and 5th waves for this cycle were particularly small..
I think the 1st had ~50 ppl
I thought it was MUCH smaller than that
I thought so too, like 25 max.

User avatar
Guile
Posts: 305
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:42 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by Guile » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:45 pm

redvelvetirene wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:12 pm
lawschoolhopeful wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:40 pm
Guile wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:10 pm
redvelvetirene wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:51 pm
Guile wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:33 pm
west wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:33 pm
FinallyLiveaLittle wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:12 am
It seems like there have been fewer JS1's up to this point compared to past cycles.
Really? How did you determine this?
iirc it's bc of less waves
Also, not too sure about how it compares to the past years, but the 1st, 4th and 5th waves for this cycle were particularly small..
I think the 1st had ~50 ppl
I thought it was MUCH smaller than that
I thought so too, like 25 max.
So if it had been 9 to 1pm (based off what I remember for the Thursday I scheduled), with each being 15 minutes and an hour off for lunch, I came out to about 48? Maybe the other days had less time. I do know for a fact that mine was at X and some one else was 1PM EST the same day.
Last edited by Guile on Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
George Marshall
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by George Marshall » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:40 am

How many are you estimating per day? There were three days, right? My math is giving me 12 per day (9:00-9:20, 9:20-9:40, etc, assuming four hours per day of interviews) for 36.
Last edited by George Marshall on Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

west
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:17 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by west » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:12 am

Well it HAS to be next week now. Hopefully Monday, if not Tuesday, eh?

jimbrewer
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:53 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by jimbrewer » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:55 am

I have no idea what my wave was, but my interview was at ~6:30PM and there were slots all day from maybe 9AM through 7:30PM every day, maybe two or three days (cant remember) and they all seemed to fill up by the end.

User avatar
Guile
Posts: 305
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:42 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by Guile » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:34 pm

George Marshall wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:40 am
Guile wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:45 pm
redvelvetirene wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:12 pm
lawschoolhopeful wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:40 pm
Guile wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:10 pm
redvelvetirene wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:51 pm
Guile wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:33 pm
west wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:33 pm
FinallyLiveaLittle wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:12 am
It seems like there have been fewer JS1's up to this point compared to past cycles.
Really? How did you determine this?
iirc it's bc of less waves
Also, not too sure about how it compares to the past years, but the 1st, 4th and 5th waves for this cycle were particularly small..
I think the 1st had ~50 ppl
I thought it was MUCH smaller than that
I thought so too, like 25 max.
So if it had been 9 to 1pm (based off what I remember for the Thursday I scheduled), with each being 15 minutes and an hour off for lunch, I came out to about 48? Maybe the other days had less time. I do know for a fact that mine was at X and some one else was 1PM EST the same day.
How many are you estimating per day? There were three days, right? My math is giving me 12 per day (9:00-9:20, 9:20-9:40, etc, assuming four hours per day of interviews) for 36.
Overestimation bc of caution and each interview was 15 minutes, giving 4 per hour. Assuming 4 hours per day for the first wave, we are looking at 48 on the smaller side
Last edited by Guile on Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
George Marshall
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by George Marshall » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:53 pm

The interviews were at 20 minute intervals though, presumably in case of running overtime, so I think it would have to be three per hour, right?
Last edited by George Marshall on Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
peachboy
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:28 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by peachboy » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:02 pm

George Marshall wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:53 pm

The interviews were at 20 minute intervals though, presumably in case of running overtime, so I think it would have to be three per hour, right?
I'd estimate three per hour too, but I'm also not sure every interview slot was filled each wave. My interview went a little over 20 minutes, and my interviewer didn't seem rushed to get to another one right after me. There was definitely an interview slot immediately after mine.

User avatar
George Marshall
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by George Marshall » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:11 pm

Yeah, good point. And just because we had so few reports, 48 would be surprising imo, but who knows.
Lol our neuroticism is probably providing endless entertainment for HLS admissions' holiday festivities.

User avatar
ChaimtheGreat
Posts: 172
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:13 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by ChaimtheGreat » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:41 pm

Is everyone ready for the coming week?

FinallyLiveaLittle
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:58 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by FinallyLiveaLittle » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:04 pm

ChaimtheGreat wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:41 pm
Is everyone ready for the coming week?
Is it going to be today?

User avatar
Guile
Posts: 305
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:42 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by Guile » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:40 pm

FinallyLiveaLittle wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:04 pm
ChaimtheGreat wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:41 pm
Is everyone ready for the coming week?
Is it going to be today?
It's Sunday, mate, so no.

Also is your name a Kid Cudi reference?

FinallyLiveaLittle
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:58 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by FinallyLiveaLittle » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:51 pm

Guile wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:40 pm
FinallyLiveaLittle wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:04 pm
ChaimtheGreat wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:41 pm
Is everyone ready for the coming week?
Is it going to be today?
It's Sunday, mate, so no.

Also is your name a Kid Cudi reference?
Its Monday where I live haha.
No, but good guess

west
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:17 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by west » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:11 am

Good vibes 🤗
GL everyone

LawSchool1995
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:25 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by LawSchool1995 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:28 am

JS2s have been reported on Reddit! Good luck folks!

User avatar
redvelvetirene
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:29 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by redvelvetirene » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:31 am

Omg ! can anyone here confirm if they ard real ?

LawSchool1995
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:25 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by LawSchool1995 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:32 am

redvelvetirene wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:31 am
Omg ! can anyone here confirm if they ard real ?
Yup! Well, I assume they're real. 2 JS2s post so far, one of them had extensive posting history, so safe to assume its not a troll.

User avatar
redvelvetirene
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:29 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by redvelvetirene » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:33 am

Okay yea they are real for sure!

User avatar
redvelvetirene
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:29 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by redvelvetirene » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:00 am

It is real, just got the call myself~!

LawSchool1995
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:25 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by LawSchool1995 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:01 am

redvelvetirene wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:00 am
It is real, just got the call myself~!
Congrats! Stats?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests