Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

School-specific applicants threads, waiting for results, announcements of acceptances/denials/waitlists.

If I get into HLS, I will . . .

Sign my commitment form the same night
22
28%
Wait a few days to calm down and then commit
16
21%
Wait for finaid - I might take a full ride elsewhere
27
35%
Wait for finaid - I might take a half ride elsewhere
7
9%
Try to leverage it to get into Yale (not gonna work)
6
8%
 
Total votes: 78

User avatar
ChaimtheGreat
Posts: 172
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:13 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by ChaimtheGreat » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:43 pm

George Marshall wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:40 pm
Velyvely wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:36 pm
lawschoolhopeful wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:35 pm
Velyvely wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:32 pm
Every time I see a post notification I think the wave has started....!
At this point I dont think they will start till next week
Same... I do wonder why there were no interviews scheduled for this week though.
Yeah, if nothing today I'm switching predictions to next week.
That is what it may be looking like...

User avatar
lawschoolhopeful
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:45 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by lawschoolhopeful » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:13 pm

ChaimtheGreat wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:43 pm
George Marshall wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:40 pm
Velyvely wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:36 pm
lawschoolhopeful wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:35 pm
Velyvely wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:32 pm
Every time I see a post notification I think the wave has started....!
At this point I dont think they will start till next week
Same... I do wonder why there were no interviews scheduled for this week though.
Yeah, if nothing today I'm switching predictions to next week.
That is what it may be looking like...
My friend that got in last year first wave had his call around 5 pm est.

User avatar
ChaimtheGreat
Posts: 172
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:13 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by ChaimtheGreat » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:15 pm

lawschoolhopeful wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:13 pm
ChaimtheGreat wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:43 pm
George Marshall wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:40 pm
Velyvely wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:36 pm
lawschoolhopeful wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:35 pm
Velyvely wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:32 pm
Every time I see a post notification I think the wave has started....!
At this point I dont think they will start till next week
Same... I do wonder why there were no interviews scheduled for this week though.
Yeah, if nothing today I'm switching predictions to next week.
That is what it may be looking like...
My friend that got in last year first wave had his call around 5 pm est.
But did the wave start at 5 pm est?

User avatar
lawschoolhopeful
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:45 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by lawschoolhopeful » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:33 pm

ChaimtheGreat wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:15 pm
lawschoolhopeful wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:13 pm
ChaimtheGreat wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:43 pm
George Marshall wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:40 pm
Velyvely wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:36 pm
lawschoolhopeful wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:35 pm
Velyvely wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:32 pm
Every time I see a post notification I think the wave has started....!
At this point I dont think they will start till next week
Same... I do wonder why there were no interviews scheduled for this week though.
Yeah, if nothing today I'm switching predictions to next week.
That is what it may be looking like...
My friend that got in last year first wave had his call around 5 pm est.
But did the wave start at 5 pm est?
Yeah no idea when it started.

User avatar
George Marshall
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by George Marshall » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:41 pm

Curious what state the admitted students' site is in now.

User avatar
George Marshall
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by George Marshall » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:19 pm


Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
peachboy
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:28 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by peachboy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:27 pm

George Marshall wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:19 pm

Spoiler:
Image
This is the kind of obsessive factfinding I come to this forum for

EDIT: still betting it's coming next Monday

User avatar
George Marshall
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by George Marshall » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:41 pm

peachboy wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:27 pm
George Marshall wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:19 pm

Spoiler:
Image
This is the kind of obsessive factfinding I come to this forum for

EDIT: still betting it's coming next Monday
Ditto
I won't be in this wave. Why do I torment myself.

User avatar
lawschoolhopeful
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:45 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by lawschoolhopeful » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:33 pm

George Marshall wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:19 pm

Spoiler:
Image
And my heart just skipped 3 beats!

User avatar
lawschoolhopeful
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:45 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by lawschoolhopeful » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:57 pm

It looks like there are 50 boxes in that pic and with each box containing 40, that is 2,000 admitted packages! That's a HUGE boost from their previous 1,200 acceptances! But I guess when you are rich like Harvard, you can afford to order an additional 800 just in case :lol:

User avatar
Lankhs
Posts: 211
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:31 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by Lankhs » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:06 pm

lawschoolhopeful wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:57 pm
It looks like there are 50 boxes in that pic and with each box containing 40, that is 2,000 admitted packages! That's a HUGE boost from their previous 1,200 acceptances! But I guess when you are rich like Harvard, you can afford to order an additional 800 just in case :lol:
Likely a bunch for ASW's and the like, unfortunately!

User avatar
rachelac
Posts: 210
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:35 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by rachelac » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:53 am

George Marshall wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:41 pm
Curious what state the admitted students' site is in now.
Exactly the same as Monday, unfortunately!

User avatar
George Marshall
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by George Marshall » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:42 pm

rachelac wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:53 am
George Marshall wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:41 pm
Curious what state the admitted students' site is in now.
Exactly the same as Monday, unfortunately!
Thank you! Alas.

User avatar
ChaimtheGreat
Posts: 172
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:13 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by ChaimtheGreat » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:48 pm

Thank you rachelac! Keep us posted :D

FinallyLiveaLittle
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:58 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by FinallyLiveaLittle » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:12 am

It seems like there have been fewer JS1's up to this point compared to past cycles.
If HLS maintains (or increases!) the number of JS2's in Dec. this might bode well for us,
but I think it could also signal that they really are moving more slowly in a front-loaded cycle.
We'll see on the 17th, I guess.

User avatar
redvelvetirene
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:29 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by redvelvetirene » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:06 am

^ complete agree, but any chance that it might be Friday???

User avatar
Kaziende
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:58 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by Kaziende » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:08 am

redvelvetirene wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:06 am
^ complete agree, but any chance that it might be Friday???
Pleasepleaseplease.

HYSnumbers+
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:14 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by HYSnumbers+ » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:11 am

I think for the past 5 or 6 years, it's been a Monday or a Tuesday. There's no guarantee of course, but they seem to have made it a tradition.

User avatar
Guile
Posts: 305
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:42 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by Guile » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:20 pm

someone just slide into their insta DMs and see when they droppin'. fail proof tactic

User avatar
peachboy
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:28 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by peachboy » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:32 pm

The wave's definitely not until next week, at least - looks like they're having the office holiday party today

west
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:17 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by west » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:33 pm

FinallyLiveaLittle wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:12 am
It seems like there have been fewer JS1's up to this point compared to past cycles.
Really? How did you determine this?

User avatar
Guile
Posts: 305
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:42 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by Guile » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:33 pm

west wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:33 pm
FinallyLiveaLittle wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:12 am
It seems like there have been fewer JS1's up to this point compared to past cycles.
Really? How did you determine this?
iirc it's bc of less waves

User avatar
Kaziende
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:58 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by Kaziende » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:36 pm

peachboy wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:32 pm
The wave's definitely not until next week, at least - looks like they're having the office holiday party today
Sad face. See you Monday, friends.

User avatar
George Marshall
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by George Marshall » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:42 pm

peachboy wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:32 pm
The wave's definitely not until next week, at least - looks like they're having the office holiday party today
Spoiler:
Image
Cool. That's cool. That's great. No hard feelings. :)
Tbf, those cookies are adorable.

User avatar
redvelvetirene
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:29 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2022 Applicants

Post by redvelvetirene » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:51 pm

Guile wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:33 pm
west wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:33 pm
FinallyLiveaLittle wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:12 am
It seems like there have been fewer JS1's up to this point compared to past cycles.
Really? How did you determine this?
iirc it's bc of less waves
Also, not too sure about how it compares to the past years, but the 1st, 4th and 5th waves for this cycle were particularly small..

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest