Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

School-specific applicants threads, waiting for results, announcements of acceptances/denials/waitlists.

Why is YLS your top choice?

Academia
8
29%
Clerkships
6
21%
Clinics
1
4%
Curriculum
2
7%
Why am I even being asked this question--it's a damn reach!
11
39%
 
Total votes: 28

User avatar
KENYADIGG1T
Moderator
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:17 pm
Contact:

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by KENYADIGG1T » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:03 pm

lawschoolhopeful wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:42 pm
With respects to the 250, did you take the time to teach the admissions officers something, or use the opportunity to personally say something about yourself?
I've seen both approaches be successful (if I were to categorize mine, it would be in the former category). Being genuine and demonstrating perspective is the key to a good 250. I hope that's helpful!

User avatar
peachboy
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:28 pm

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by peachboy » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:35 am

Does anyone know the relative number/percent of admission offers that came out with each wave the past few years? I vaguely remember seeing some LSN graph with that info, but I can't seem to find it.

User avatar
ChaimtheGreat
Posts: 168
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:13 pm

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by ChaimtheGreat » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:29 pm

peachboy wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:35 am
Does anyone know the relative number/percent of admission offers that came out with each wave the past few years? I vaguely remember seeing some LSN graph with that info, but I can't seem to find it.
Also interested in this...

User avatar
peachboy
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:28 pm

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by peachboy » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:02 pm

George Marshall found 'em over in the HLS thread!

https://mylsn.info/r/pre-law/timeline/chart/

Granted, these are only numbers from applicants who put their info into LSN, but the admission breakdown for the cycles from 2016 to 2018 were:

December: 9%
January: 4%
February: 33%
March: 21%
April: 34%

Most of the dings and all of the WLs were sent out in April too, so it looks like Mama Yale's gonna keep most of us waiting until at least Feb.

User avatar
Lankhs
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:31 am

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by Lankhs » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:59 pm

First wave (should) be in about two weeks! Definitely not gonna be in it, but doesn't mean I won't be looking at my phone...

User avatar
lawschoolhopeful
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:45 am

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by lawschoolhopeful » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:53 pm

Lankhs wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:59 pm
First wave (should) be in about two weeks! Definitely not gonna be in it, but doesn't mean I won't be looking at my phone...
I dont think anyone will be expecting to get into Yale :lol:

User avatar
KENYADIGG1T
Moderator
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:17 pm
Contact:

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by KENYADIGG1T » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:54 pm

Lankhs wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:59 pm
First wave (should) be in about two weeks! Definitely not gonna be in it, but doesn't mean I won't be looking at my phone...
Last year's first wave happened Dec 20th (a Wednesday fwiw), so I would predict first-wave action to begin anywhere from the 18th-20th.

User avatar
peachboy
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:28 pm

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by peachboy » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:32 pm

KENYADIGG1T wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:54 pm
Last year's first wave happened Dec 20th (a Wednesday fwiw), so I would predict first-wave action to begin anywhere from the 18th-20th.

Looks like you're right on the money, Kenya!

User avatar
ChaimtheGreat
Posts: 168
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:13 pm

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by ChaimtheGreat » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:15 pm

Calls going out now!

User avatar
KENYADIGG1T
Moderator
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:17 pm
Contact:

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by KENYADIGG1T » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:40 pm

ChaimtheGreat wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:15 pm
Calls going out now!
Good luck everyone!

friendofafriend
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:35 pm

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by friendofafriend » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:36 pm

I got the call today!! 12:45PM EST.

Submitted late October.

User avatar
Lankhs
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:31 am

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by Lankhs » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:11 pm

friendofafriend wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:36 pm
I got the call today!! 12:45PM EST.

Submitted late October.
Holy cow congrats!!!! Is your cycle over? Can you tell us your stats? Congrats again.

User avatar
KENYADIGG1T
Moderator
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:17 pm
Contact:

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by KENYADIGG1T » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:13 pm

friendofafriend wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:36 pm
I got the call today!! 12:45PM EST.

Submitted late October.
Congrats! Welcome! Treasure this moment; you deserve this!

User avatar
baerab
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:03 pm

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by baerab » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:19 pm

Congrats!!
Is it safe to assume the wave is over now? I'd like to not look at my phone nervously for the rest of the day haha.

friendofafriend
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:35 pm

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by friendofafriend » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:35 pm

Lankhs wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:11 pm
friendofafriend wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:36 pm
I got the call today!! 12:45PM EST.

Submitted late October.
Holy cow congrats!!!! Is your cycle over? Can you tell us your stats? Congrats again.
3.92/172, but extremely strong recs and good softs. funny enough I haven't gotten a Harvard interview yet so I'm curious now to see if that'll come in. I'm still totally in shock!

Ilike2read
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:56 pm

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by Ilike2read » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:42 pm

friendofafriend wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:36 pm
I got the call today!! 12:45PM EST.

Submitted late October.
Congrats! Not only did you get into YLS, but you did so in the first wave. That's a ridiculous accomplishment.

User avatar
KENYADIGG1T
Moderator
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:17 pm
Contact:

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by KENYADIGG1T » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:45 pm

When is it appropriate to start worrying about the YLS '22 FB page?

Also, Happy New Year!

User avatar
ChaimtheGreat
Posts: 168
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:13 pm

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by ChaimtheGreat » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:33 pm

Seems like there will be calls today and tomorrow. Good luck all!


leefliberte
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:39 pm

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by leefliberte » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:01 pm

I have a question for those who know about this: whether YLS will send our rejection email as soon as they made the decision? Or would they not bother to do so? I will be glad to end my wistful fantasy with an email rather than getting turned down in silence within the next few months.

User avatar
George Marshall
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:10 pm

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by George Marshall » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:29 pm

leefliberte wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:01 pm
I have a question for those who know about this: whether YLS will send our rejection email as soon as they made the decision? Or would they not bother to do so? I will be glad to end my wistful fantasy with an email rather than getting turned down in silence within the next few months.
Yale has historically done most of their rejects (and WLs) in April. So it would probably be a bit of a wait.

leefliberte
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:39 pm

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by leefliberte » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:46 pm

George Marshall wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:29 pm
leefliberte wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:01 pm
I have a question for those who know about this: whether YLS will send our rejection email as soon as they made the decision? Or would they not bother to do so? I will be glad to end my wistful fantasy with an email rather than getting turned down in silence within the next few months.
Yale has historically done most of their rejects (and WLs) in April. So it would probably be a bit of a wait.
Gotcha! Thanks!

User avatar
calicolombia
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:09 pm

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by calicolombia » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:18 pm

Just wanted to update this thread since people here (looking at you Kenya) have been a huge help in the process. I was accepted 12/18 in the first wave!

User avatar
Kaziende
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:58 am

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by Kaziende » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:12 pm

calicolombia wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:18 pm
Just wanted to update this thread since people here (looking at you Kenya) have been a huge help in the process. I was accepted 12/18 in the first wave!
Congrats! When did you go complete?

User avatar
peachboy
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:28 pm

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by peachboy » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:58 pm

Heads up - got some Yale acceptances reported on Reddit today!

User avatar
KENYADIGG1T
Moderator
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:17 pm
Contact:

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by KENYADIGG1T » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:08 pm

calicolombia wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:18 pm
Just wanted to update this thread since people here (looking at you Kenya) have been a huge help in the process. I was accepted 12/18 in the first wave!
FUCKING CONGRATULATIONS MY DUDE. SEE YOU AT ASW!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests