Boston College c/o 2021

School-specific applicants threads, waiting for results, announcements of acceptances/denials/waitlists.

Which Admitted Students event will you be attending?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:24 pm

February 23
2
67%
March 24
1
33%
 
Total votes: 3

User avatar
Meelo
Posts: 237
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:58 am

Boston College c/o 2021

Post by Meelo » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:53 pm

Aii, I'll OP this one - if only to distract myself from the fact that BC still has me under review. Poll ideas you guys?

(also, once I'm not perusing this on my work computer, I'll come back and add the fun stuff!)
Last edited by Meelo on Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kippercd
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:49 am

Re: Boston College c/o 2021

Post by kippercd » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:56 pm

Poll to guess when scholarship drops?

User avatar
Mikey
LSL's Favorite Kitten
Posts: 645
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:02 am

Re: Boston College c/o 2021

Post by Mikey » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:06 pm

they still got me on complete lmao

User avatar
ajc615
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:18 am

Re: Boston College c/o 2021

Post by ajc615 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:26 pm

Mikey wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:06 pm
they still got me on complete lmao
Me too lol

bas1
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:33 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2021

Post by bas1 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:41 pm

Checking in! Hoping scholarship info drops in early Feb

User avatar
mmart207
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:44 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2021

Post by mmart207 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:52 am

In via email today! Went UR 3 days ago.

NukinFutz
Posts: 192
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:16 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2021

Post by NukinFutz » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:15 pm

.
Last edited by NukinFutz on Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ChutzpahSaxa15
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:44 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2021

Post by ChutzpahSaxa15 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:26 pm

Admitted on Friday! Anyone know if BC tends to be generous with financial aid?

User avatar
Meelo
Posts: 237
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:58 am

Re: Boston College c/o 2021

Post by Meelo » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:56 pm

mmart207 wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:52 am
In via email today! Went UR 3 days ago.
ugh why don't i have this fast of a turnaround time

User avatar
jellyjar
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:38 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2021

Post by jellyjar » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:04 pm

Admitted a couple of weeks ago, but if it makes anyone feel better I was complete for over 2 months, even though I was >75 for lsat and at 75th for gpa—so moral of the story is don’t give up hope!

Also, poll suggestion for what ASW date people are attending?

User avatar
Meelo
Posts: 237
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:58 am

Re: Boston College c/o 2021

Post by Meelo » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:24 pm

jellyjar wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:04 pm
Admitted a couple of weeks ago, but if it makes anyone feel better I was complete for over 2 months, even though I was >75 for lsat and at 75th for gpa—so moral of the story is don’t give up hope!

Also, poll suggestion for what ASW date people are attending?
Done :)

lannister2018
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:21 am

Re: Boston College c/o 2021

Post by lannister2018 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:54 pm

Anxiously waiting for “decision made” on my status checker and been UR since 1/23. Is that a bad sign?

NukinFutz
Posts: 192
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:16 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2021

Post by NukinFutz » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:59 pm

.
Last edited by NukinFutz on Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Meelo
Posts: 237
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:58 am

Re: Boston College c/o 2021

Post by Meelo » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:05 am

Just got WL'd :(

User avatar
Mikey
LSL's Favorite Kitten
Posts: 645
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:02 am

Re: Boston College c/o 2021

Post by Mikey » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:09 am

Meelo wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:05 am
Just got WL'd :(
:cry: :cry:

User avatar
mmart207
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:44 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2021

Post by mmart207 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:12 am

Meelo wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:05 am
Just got WL'd :(
Damn I'm sorry. Stats? Maybe they figured you wouldn't go

User avatar
Meelo
Posts: 237
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:58 am

Re: Boston College c/o 2021

Post by Meelo » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:15 am

mmart207 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:12 am
Meelo wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:05 am
Just got WL'd :(
Damn I'm sorry. Stats? Maybe they figured you wouldn't go
It was one of the schools I was seriously considering - I really loved it and I spoke to someone there who I saw myself working with during school so I'm pretty bummed about it. For stats: GPA = 25th, LSAT > 75th. So I don't know if it's actually YP because I made sure to include in the app the ways I've interacted with the school and demonstrated serious interest. So BC adcomms if you're seeing this, please know that I love you guys and you were one of my top choices!

User avatar
mmart207
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:44 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2021

Post by mmart207 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:18 am

Meelo wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:15 am
mmart207 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:12 am
Meelo wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:05 am
Just got WL'd :(
Damn I'm sorry. Stats? Maybe they figured you wouldn't go
It was one of the schools I was seriously considering - I really loved it and I spoke to someone there who I saw myself working with during school so I'm pretty bummed about it. For stats: GPA = 25th, LSAT > 75th. So I don't know if it's actually YP because I made sure to include in the app the ways I've interacted with the school and demonstrated serious interest. So BC adcomms if you're seeing this, please know that I love you guys and you were one of my top choices!
Damn and you're a URM too :?: I'm like the opposite applicant of you, GPA slightly above 75th, and LSAT <25th. I hope you get off the waitlist!

User avatar
Meelo
Posts: 237
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:58 am

Re: Boston College c/o 2021

Post by Meelo » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:22 am

mmart207 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:18 am
Meelo wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:15 am
mmart207 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:12 am
Meelo wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:05 am
Just got WL'd :(
Damn I'm sorry. Stats? Maybe they figured you wouldn't go
It was one of the schools I was seriously considering - I really loved it and I spoke to someone there who I saw myself working with during school so I'm pretty bummed about it. For stats: GPA = 25th, LSAT > 75th. So I don't know if it's actually YP because I made sure to include in the app the ways I've interacted with the school and demonstrated serious interest. So BC adcomms if you're seeing this, please know that I love you guys and you were one of my top choices!
Damn and you're a URM too :?: I'm like the opposite applicant of you, GPA slightly above 75th, and LSAT <25th. I hope you get off the waitlist!
Not URM!! Yes to being a minority with a disadvantaged background but not categorized as URM as per LSAC standards and all that fun stuff. I hope you have better news than me!! People with my stats seem to be waitlisted or accepted, so I'm hoping I can get off sooner rather than later. Just terrified about the money since their FAQ says if you get off the waitlist, you're subject to whatever funds are still available.

User avatar
mmart207
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:44 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2021

Post by mmart207 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:27 am

Meelo wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:22 am
mmart207 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:18 am
Meelo wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:15 am
mmart207 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:12 am
Meelo wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:05 am
Just got WL'd :(
Damn I'm sorry. Stats? Maybe they figured you wouldn't go
It was one of the schools I was seriously considering - I really loved it and I spoke to someone there who I saw myself working with during school so I'm pretty bummed about it. For stats: GPA = 25th, LSAT > 75th. So I don't know if it's actually YP because I made sure to include in the app the ways I've interacted with the school and demonstrated serious interest. So BC adcomms if you're seeing this, please know that I love you guys and you were one of my top choices!
Damn and you're a URM too :?: I'm like the opposite applicant of you, GPA slightly above 75th, and LSAT <25th. I hope you get off the waitlist!
Not URM!! Yes to being a minority with a disadvantaged background but not categorized as URM as per LSAC standards and all that fun stuff. I hope you have better news than me!! People with my stats seem to be waitlisted or accepted, so I'm hoping I can get off sooner rather than later. Just terrified about the money since their FAQ says if you get off the waitlist, you're subject to whatever funds are still available.
Oh my bad, you're pretty active in the URM group so I made an assumption lol. It seems like they're trying to raise their GPA %iles. I thought I'd be an automatic ding because my LSAT score is mediocre at best. Hopefully you get off earlier in the cycle so they still have money left to offer!

User avatar
TheOtherQ
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:25 am

Re: Boston College c/o 2021

Post by TheOtherQ » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:07 pm

So, I applied about a month ago but never got an email with a status checker or confirmation that I applied other than the LSAC one; should I like reach out to them and ask what's up? Or just have faith that they are reviewing my application?

User avatar
Mikey
LSL's Favorite Kitten
Posts: 645
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:02 am

Re: Boston College c/o 2021

Post by Mikey » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:18 am

nvm!
Last edited by Mikey on Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

lannister2018
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:21 am

Re: Boston College c/o 2021

Post by lannister2018 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:21 am

Mikey wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:18 am
there's a wave today!
How do you know?

User avatar
Mikey
LSL's Favorite Kitten
Posts: 645
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:02 am

Re: Boston College c/o 2021

Post by Mikey » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:22 am

lannister2018 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:21 am
Mikey wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:18 am
there's a wave today!
How do you know?
never mind, I read it wrong on reddit! sorry

EDIT: nvm yeah there's a wave lol. go on reddit, someone just got in who went UR last week. jfc my RC skills suck

User avatar
ajc615
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:18 am

Re: Boston College c/o 2021

Post by ajc615 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:24 am

Mikey wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:22 am
lannister2018 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:21 am
Mikey wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:18 am
there's a wave today!
How do you know?
never mind, I read it wrong on reddit! sorry

EDIT: nvm yeah there's a wave lol. go on reddit, someone just got in who went UR last week. jfc my RC skills suck
Haha I was just about to say no you were right!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 43 guests