Yale C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

School-specific applicants threads, waiting for results, announcements of acceptances/denials/waitlists.

Best ways to cope with YLS silence

Alcohol. and then more alcohol.
12
17%
Constant eating
13
18%
Crying myself to sleep
5
7%
Working/studying to distract myself
8
11%
Other mind altering substances
6
8%
Unexpected screaming
5
7%
Taking it out on loved ones
5
7%
Venting online
9
13%
Actual healthy coping mechanisms????
9
13%
 
Total votes: 72

User avatar
april_ludgate
Posts: 266
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:59 am

Re: Yale C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Post by april_ludgate » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:59 pm

cooleyconsolation wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:58 pm
winmore15 wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:52 pm
This is getting crazy right. Everyone else is losing it right
I've officially lost it haha. Wondering if the slow trickle of acceptances in the past two weeks means that a massive ding wave is coming this or next week
I welcome one. I'm ready

cooleyconsolation
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:50 pm

Re: Yale C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Post by cooleyconsolation » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:06 pm

april_ludgate wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:59 pm
cooleyconsolation wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:58 pm
winmore15 wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:52 pm
This is getting crazy right. Everyone else is losing it right
I've officially lost it haha. Wondering if the slow trickle of acceptances in the past two weeks means that a massive ding wave is coming this or next week
I welcome one. I'm ready
Anyone know where I can buy a "Yale-aggedon proof" bunker?

LastNightTookAWL
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:29 pm

Re: Yale C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Post by LastNightTookAWL » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:07 pm

Currently at Yale as an undergrad, live literally two blocks away from YLS, and thinking about going in and asking them what's up. jk lmao

User avatar
solennita
Posts: 215
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:16 am

Re: Yale C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Post by solennita » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:20 pm

Someone on reddit apparently called Yale and they said they’re hoping to get all decisions out by mid April so in the next week!

User avatar
tinycatfriend
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:21 pm

Re: Yale C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Post by tinycatfriend » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:46 pm

solennita wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:20 pm
Someone on reddit apparently called Yale and they said they’re hoping to get all decisions out by mid April so in the next week!
I cannot wait for the waiting to end.

User avatar
april_ludgate
Posts: 266
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:59 am

Re: Yale C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Post by april_ludgate » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:28 am

calling it now: ding wave tomorrow, last tweeted acceptance wave on saturday. who wants to place bets?

User avatar
Platopus
Posts: 835
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:45 am
Contact:

Re: Yale C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Post by Platopus » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:31 am

april_ludgate wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:28 am
calling it now: ding wave tomorrow, last tweeted acceptance wave on saturday. who wants to place bets?
Nope. I think we're safe until next week.

User avatar
april_ludgate
Posts: 266
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:59 am

Re: Yale C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Post by april_ludgate » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:52 am

Platopus wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:31 am
april_ludgate wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:28 am
calling it now: ding wave tomorrow, last tweeted acceptance wave on saturday. who wants to place bets?
Nope. I think we're safe until next week.
Really? It's been so long since the last ding wave though

rdlp123
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:36 pm

Re: Yale C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Post by rdlp123 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:03 am

Platopus wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:31 am
april_ludgate wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:28 am
calling it now: ding wave tomorrow, last tweeted acceptance wave on saturday. who wants to place bets?
Nope. I think we're safe until next week.
I would actually have to agree. Based on the reddit post by that brave soul who called, it sounds like YLS is gonna keep us waiting for at least another 3 business days.

User avatar
april_ludgate
Posts: 266
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:59 am

Re: Yale C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Post by april_ludgate » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:54 am

rdlp123 wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:03 am
Platopus wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:31 am
april_ludgate wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:28 am
calling it now: ding wave tomorrow, last tweeted acceptance wave on saturday. who wants to place bets?
Nope. I think we're safe until next week.
I would actually have to agree. Based on the reddit post by that brave soul who called, it sounds like YLS is gonna keep us waiting for at least another 3 business days.
How do you figure? That person said they're trying to get all of their decisions out by the end of next week right? You think they're gonna do it all at once? I would think they'd still break it up into waves, meaning one's gotta be coming soon

User avatar
bojack93
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:40 am

Re: Yale C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Post by bojack93 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:05 am

april_ludgate wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:54 am
How do you figure? That person said they're trying to get all of their decisions out by the end of next week right? You think they're gonna do it all at once? I would think they'd still break it up into waves, meaning one's gotta be coming soon
I really want you to be right, but per LSN it looks like last year all of the rejections happened April 15 and all of the waitlists went out April 18.

User avatar
april_ludgate
Posts: 266
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:59 am

Re: Yale C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Post by april_ludgate » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:05 am

bojack93 wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:05 am
april_ludgate wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:54 am
How do you figure? That person said they're trying to get all of their decisions out by the end of next week right? You think they're gonna do it all at once? I would think they'd still break it up into waves, meaning one's gotta be coming soon
I really want you to be right, but per LSN it looks like last year all of the rejections happened April 15 and all of the waitlists went out April 18.
No there were definitely multiple ding waves last year

thepsychedelic
Posts: 249
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:28 pm

Re: Yale C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Post by thepsychedelic » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:40 pm

april_ludgate wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:05 am
bojack93 wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:05 am
april_ludgate wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:54 am
How do you figure? That person said they're trying to get all of their decisions out by the end of next week right? You think they're gonna do it all at once? I would think they'd still break it up into waves, meaning one's gotta be coming soon
I really want you to be right, but per LSN it looks like last year all of the rejections happened April 15 and all of the waitlists went out April 18.
No there were definitely multiple ding waves last year
yeah i think this year is unusual compared to other years since there’s only been one ding wave so far

PopcornAndCheese
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:44 pm

Re: Yale C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Post by PopcornAndCheese » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:51 pm

Hey everyone, just joined this forum! What’s the verdict on whether they’re still accepting people? I want to know if I should just start finalizing plans to attend somewhere else at this point.

ekiki
Posts: 858
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:16 pm

Re: Yale C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Post by ekiki » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:06 pm

PopcornAndCheese wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:51 pm
Hey everyone, just joined this forum! What’s the verdict on whether they’re still accepting people? I want to know if I should just start finalizing plans to attend somewhere else at this point.
Welcome! And nobody really knows. We’re all speculating. I would say probably they’ll have one more admit waves? But take anyone’s perspective with a grain of salt. I’d say it’s best to start making plans to attend another school :)

alice37
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:45 am

Re: Yale C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Post by alice37 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:30 pm

Yale has made admit calls during HLS/SLS admit weekends in the past, right? So maybe a chance for admit calls this weekend?

triplem
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:19 pm

Re: Yale C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Post by triplem » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:49 pm

PopcornAndCheese wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:51 pm
Hey everyone, just joined this forum! What’s the verdict on whether they’re still accepting people? I want to know if I should just start finalizing plans to attend somewhere else at this point.
No one can answer your first question. The answer to you second question is “yes”. You can always change your plans if Yale come a knockin.

User avatar
solennita
Posts: 215
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:16 am

Re: Yale C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Post by solennita » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:51 pm

alice37 wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:30 pm
Yale has made admit calls during HLS/SLS admit weekends in the past, right? So maybe a chance for admit calls this weekend?
When it comes to Yale, there's a chance for anything at any time haha

My bet is in for some sort of movement tomorrow (Saturday) and again on Tuesday maybe.

User avatar
solennita
Posts: 215
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:16 am

Re: Yale C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Post by solennita » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:52 pm

(clearly I'm very invested in all of you joining the snuggie gang lmao)

winmore15
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:27 pm

Re: Yale C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Post by winmore15 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:15 am

Apparently Yale ding reported on reddit ?

treehill456
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:14 pm

Re: Yale C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Post by treehill456 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:26 am

Doesn’t really appear that this is a big wave, but I was also just rejected.

Legally Bland
Posts: 384
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:51 pm

Re: Yale C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Post by Legally Bland » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:33 am

I don't really get the point of sending a minority of the dings on a Saturday morning, and the rest later.

But I'm not an adcom and never will be lol

Snapcasterkid
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:36 am

Re: Yale C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Post by Snapcasterkid » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:34 am

Have there been any WLs yet? Or do those all come at the end

leslie_knope_4_prez
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:53 pm

Re: Yale C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Post by leslie_knope_4_prez » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:44 am

Dinged just now. Glad the wait is over lol

Elle Woods
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:37 pm

Re: Yale C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Post by Elle Woods » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:02 pm

Condolences to those receiving tough news.

I wonder why they sprinkle out dings rather than just hit the entire listserve of people who have been lined up for a ding for months lol.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 25 guests