Michigan C/O 2021

School-specific applicants threads, waiting for results, announcements of acceptances/denials/waitlists.

Whats your application status?

Accepted
72
39%
Accepted-Attending
8
4%
Wait-listed
51
28%
Rejected
8
4%
Waiting
40
22%
Forever alone
6
3%
 
Total votes: 185

User avatar
Slippin’ Jimmy
Posts: 383
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:12 am

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by Slippin’ Jimmy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:42 pm

chelsea4970 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:55 pm
Ntp73821 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:19 am
Slippin’ Jimmy wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:04 am
Mikey wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:09 pm
Idk what to even think of my chances anymore.
I feel you man, expecting a WL at this point.

On the bright side, if I get waitlisted/dinged I won't have to deal with the UVA/Duke/Mich ASW conflict that's coming up next month!
See ya in Durham next month?! :D

And I think you’ll get into Mich eventually. Sorry they’re taking forever.
Also waiting on Mich after "the email".. but do any of you know how much the Duke will cover for travel for ASW? I want to go but its rediculously expensive to fly there.
If you think Duke is bad to fly to, you haven’t flown into Charlottesville before....

k00koftheday
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:24 pm

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by k00koftheday » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:44 pm

Mikey wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:09 pm
Has anyone who got the hold tight email heard back yet? I see some people on reddit getting in, but they said they didn't get the email.

Idk what to even think of my chances anymore.
I received the hold tight email, sent in a new LOR from current job, and was accepted a week later.

Iwannasaygoblues
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:03 am

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by Iwannasaygoblues » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:55 pm

How many LORs did you guys submit? Would I be in trouble if I only submitted two?

User avatar
rachelac
Posts: 210
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:35 am

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by rachelac » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:11 pm

Iwannasaygoblues wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:55 pm
How many LORs did you guys submit? Would I be in trouble if I only submitted two?
I submitted 3, but I think general consensus for all schools, Mich included, is that having two strong LORs is better than submitting a weak third one.

User avatar
Mikey
LSL's Favorite Kitten
Posts: 645
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:02 am

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by Mikey » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:37 pm

k00koftheday wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:44 pm
Mikey wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:09 pm
Has anyone who got the hold tight email heard back yet? I see some people on reddit getting in, but they said they didn't get the email.

Idk what to even think of my chances anymore.
I received the hold tight email, sent in a new LOR from current job, and was accepted a week later.
oh ok thanks! and congrats!!

esperanza
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:08 am

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by esperanza » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:58 pm

Submitted 2/1, Complete 2/2! A top choice, but expecting a ding.

vikingrunner
Posts: 159
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:48 am

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by vikingrunner » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:46 am

IN VIA STATUS CHECKER! First t13 acceptance! I'll probably try to make ASW 2!

earplugs745
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:00 pm

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by earplugs745 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:40 am

vikingrunner wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:46 am
IN VIA STATUS CHECKER! First t13 acceptance! I'll probably try to make ASW 2!
YASSSSSSSSSSSS CONGRATS!!! We'll see you there!

User avatar
Mikey
LSL's Favorite Kitten
Posts: 645
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:02 am

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by Mikey » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:42 am

congrats, viking!

abg591
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:44 am

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by abg591 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:03 am

I'm just curious, what ball-park ranges have you guys been receiving from Michigan scholarship-wise, and with what stats? I'm trying to figure out if I can ask them to re-evaluate my offer.

Congrats to everyone who has been admitted so far! :)

earplugs745
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:00 pm

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by earplugs745 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:08 am

abg591 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:03 am
I'm just curious, what ball-park ranges have you guys been receiving from Michigan scholarship-wise, and with what stats? I'm trying to figure out if I can ask them to re-evaluate my offer.

Congrats to everyone who has been admitted so far! :)
Do they do this? I thought Michigan's offers were pretty much set in stone

User avatar
LSNlife
Posts: 369
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:35 am

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by LSNlife » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:11 am

earplugs745 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:08 am
abg591 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:03 am
I'm just curious, what ball-park ranges have you guys been receiving from Michigan scholarship-wise, and with what stats? I'm trying to figure out if I can ask them to re-evaluate my offer.

Congrats to everyone who has been admitted so far! :)
Do they do this? I thought Michigan's offers were pretty much set in stone
I spoke to the FinAid office and basically they're only likely to re-evaluate if there is a massive discrepancy (think 50k or more) and you only really get one shot to ask so definitely present your best offer but if you feel like you can make a compelling case go for it.

User avatar
principalagent
Posts: 2062
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:18 am

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by principalagent » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:14 am

Just missed a call from Dean Z. Just when I thought my cycle was settling down, looks like it’s ramping back up 🙈

User avatar
Platopus
Posts: 835
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:45 am
Contact:

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by Platopus » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:19 am

principalagent wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:14 am
Just missed a call from Dean Z. Just when I thought my cycle was settling down, looks like it’s ramping back up 🙈
Better be that Darrow

NavyNuke
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:57 pm

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by NavyNuke » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:20 am

.
Last edited by NavyNuke on Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ntp
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:47 am

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by ntp » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:21 am

abg591 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:03 am
I'm just curious, what ball-park ranges have you guys been receiving from Michigan scholarship-wise, and with what stats? I'm trying to figure out if I can ask them to re-evaluate my offer.

Congrats to everyone who has been admitted so far! :)
I'll direct message you!

User avatar
RubyRhad
Posts: 933
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:04 am

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by RubyRhad » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:25 am

In!!! via status checker!!!

legallybrunette
Posts: 261
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:45 am

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by legallybrunette » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:52 am

Platopus wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:19 am
principalagent wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:14 am
Just missed a call from Dean Z. Just when I thought my cycle was settling down, looks like it’s ramping back up 🙈
Better be that Darrow
Probably a DARROW!!!! Keep us posted!!!

User avatar
rachelac
Posts: 210
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:35 am

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by rachelac » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:54 am

principalagent wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:14 am
Just missed a call from Dean Z. Just when I thought my cycle was settling down, looks like it’s ramping back up 🙈
omg yessss

hell
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:57 pm

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by hell » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:18 pm

Anyone know when Michigan communicates scholarship offers? Is it in the acceptance email?

User avatar
Platopus
Posts: 835
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:45 am
Contact:

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by Platopus » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:19 pm

hell wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:18 pm
Anyone know when Michigan communicates scholarship offers? Is it in the acceptance email?
Separate email a coupke weeks post acceptance

hell
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:57 pm

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by hell » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:21 pm

Platopus wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:19 pm
hell wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:18 pm
Anyone know when Michigan communicates scholarship offers? Is it in the acceptance email?
Separate email a coupke weeks post acceptance
Thank god

User avatar
RubyRhad
Posts: 933
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:04 am

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by RubyRhad » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:50 pm

principalagent wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:14 am
Just missed a call from Dean Z. Just when I thought my cycle was settling down, looks like it’s ramping back up 🙈
Yassss!!!! Love this.

User avatar
Swedish_Chef
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:25 pm

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by Swedish_Chef » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:11 pm

abg591 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:03 am
I'm just curious, what ball-park ranges have you guys been receiving from Michigan scholarship-wise, and with what stats? I'm trying to figure out if I can ask them to re-evaluate my offer.

Congrats to everyone who has been admitted so far! :)
Honestly Michigan seems to be one of the least consistent schools in regards to stats-based merit aid. I have a slightly above 75ths LSAT, below median GPA. I ended up with 150k, but I saw people on LSN get anywhere from 75k-150k. I think their scholarship considerations are quite holistic.

abg591
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:44 am

Re: Michigan C/O 2021

Post by abg591 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:14 pm

Swedish_Chef wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:11 pm
abg591 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:03 am
I'm just curious, what ball-park ranges have you guys been receiving from Michigan scholarship-wise, and with what stats? I'm trying to figure out if I can ask them to re-evaluate my offer.

Congrats to everyone who has been admitted so far! :)
Honestly Michigan seems to be one of the least consistent schools in regards to stats-based merit aid. I have a slightly above 75ths LSAT, below median GPA. I ended up with 150k, but I saw people on LSN get anywhere from 75k-150k. I think their scholarship considerations are quite holistic.
I got nothing, I have a 3.9 GPA but an LSAT just barely below their median so I was slightly surprised that I got nothing, though not downright shocked I guess lol

I'll probably end up retaking to avoid 6-figure debt haha

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 49 guests