NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

School-specific applicants threads, waiting for results, announcements of acceptances/denials/waitlists.

How are you feeling about your chances of getting into NYU?

They need to stop playing and let me in
45
19%
I'm already in. Let's get it!
93
39%
I think I will get in but have not received a decision yet
22
9%
My chances are slim but I am hopeful
56
24%
My chances are completely horrible and idk why I even applied
22
9%
 
Total votes: 238

extraextraneous
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:07 am

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Post by extraextraneous » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:11 pm

Is anyone else trying to do the Admitted Students days for Columbia and NYU at the beginning of April? Trying to decide if it's worth it to try and squeeze both in at the same time.

Cute_doggy
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:47 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Post by Cute_doggy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:54 pm

Notorious wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:07 pm
Do you guys know if anyone that has gotten the email been rejected?
ooh good question.. I saw someone said (might have been on TLS, when that was a thing) that 100% of "email" recipients in the 2016-17 and 15-16 cycles got waitlisted. Note, though, that they did this study via TLS, LSL, etc, so it's self-reporting and very incomplete. But I guess being here means we're in a good place :)

ekiki
Posts: 858
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:16 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Post by ekiki » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:09 am

omg I legit had a dream about being rejected from NYU I need to stop looking at SLS before I go to sleep ffs

LawSSS2
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:47 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Post by LawSSS2 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:48 am

ekiki wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:09 am
omg I legit had a dream about being rejected from NYU I need to stop looking at SLS before I go to sleep ffs
Just chiming in to say I had three mini-nightmares about my Chicago interview going horribly wrong the night before it. That was fun.

ekiki
Posts: 858
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:16 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Post by ekiki » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:59 am

LawSSS2 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:48 am
ekiki wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:09 am
omg I legit had a dream about being rejected from NYU I need to stop looking at SLS before I go to sleep ffs
Just chiming in to say I had three mini-nightmares about my Chicago interview going horribly wrong the night before it. That was fun.
Lol may these experiences stay in our nightmares 🙏🏼

Gobbledegook
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:32 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Post by Gobbledegook » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:39 am

Thank you NYU, for emailing me about my law school application. Too bad it was only a request for my fall grades that I submitted to LSAC almost two months ago and every other school recieved.

ekiki
Posts: 858
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:16 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Post by ekiki » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:02 pm

Gobbledegook wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:39 am
Thank you NYU, for emailing me about my law school application. Too bad it was only a request for my fall grades that I submitted to LSAC almost two months ago and every other school recieved.
I honestly have no idea what they’re doing 😂

sadguitarriffs
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:29 am

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Post by sadguitarriffs » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:51 pm

So if I've been UR2 since late-December and got the hold tight email am I pretty much just waiting for the WL wave? I keep seeing acceptances and ding waves and I'm not in any of them. haha

Eel2144
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:26 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Post by Eel2144 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:16 pm

sadguitarriffs wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:51 pm
So if I've been UR2 since late-December and got the hold tight email am I pretty much just waiting for the WL wave? I keep seeing acceptances and ding waves and I'm not in any of them. haha
Lurker checking in, and I also want to know this! I got the hold tight email on 2/2. (As if any of us actually have answers)

User avatar
sorence
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:02 am

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Post by sorence » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:32 pm

Cute_doggy wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:54 pm
Notorious wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:07 pm
Do you guys know if anyone that has gotten the email been rejected?
ooh good question.. I saw someone said (might have been on TLS, when that was a thing) that 100% of "email" recipients in the 2016-17 and 15-16 cycles got waitlisted. Note, though, that they did this study via TLS, LSL, etc, so it's self-reporting and very incomplete. But I guess being here means we're in a good place :)
FWIW it's worth to add to the anecdotal data pile here on LSL: I got that "be patient" email mid-Feb last year, got WL'd on the last day of their self-imposed deadline, then got in w/the first wave of WL acceptances. Good luck!

Legally Bland
Posts: 384
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:51 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Post by Legally Bland » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:20 pm

I wonder if they'll admit anyone tonight B|

User avatar
law
Posts: 387
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:29 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Post by law » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:08 pm

Legally Bland wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:20 pm
I wonder if they'll admit anyone tonight B|
hahahayearightbutihopesotoohahahahahah

BirdLaw
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:48 am

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Post by BirdLaw » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:06 pm

Does anyone know what the situation is with admitted student day lodging? Do we make our own arrangements?

User avatar
sittykitty
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:38 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Post by sittykitty » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:59 pm

BirdLaw wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:06 pm
Does anyone know what the situation is with admitted student day lodging? Do we make our own arrangements?
This is the waiting thread; I'd recommend you ask this question in the "Ask an NYU Student" thread in the choosing threads.

Glawlife
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:38 am

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Post by Glawlife » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:31 am

Got “the email” this morning. I’m ready for that WL🤦🏻‍♀️

User avatar
walks
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:08 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Post by walks » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:32 am

Finally went UR2 on Friday and I got the e-mail first thing this morning. :|

Legally Bland
Posts: 384
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:51 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Post by Legally Bland » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:34 am

....
Last edited by Legally Bland on Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aquamarine
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Post by Aquamarine » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:41 am

UR1 for 6 weeks and I'm getting nervous. :(

User avatar
DmD
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:43 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Post by DmD » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:42 am

If it makes anyone feel better, I haven't received "the email" and my chances of admittance are exactly 0.33%, repeating of course, according to my entirely scientific calculations. I haven't been denied yet though, which is tremendously fortuitous.

User avatar
principalagent
Posts: 2062
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:18 am

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Post by principalagent » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:45 am

15 weeks of UR2!

Aquamarine
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Post by Aquamarine » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:50 am

principalagent wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:45 am
15 weeks of UR2!
15 weeks of UR2? Just only for UR2?

User avatar
principalagent
Posts: 2062
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:18 am

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Post by principalagent » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:51 am

Aquamarine wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:50 am
principalagent wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:45 am
15 weeks of UR2!
15 weeks of UR2? Just only for UR2?
I’ve personally been at that status since late October. I got the email, btw

Glawlife
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:38 am

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Post by Glawlife » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:17 am

Has anybody who got the email heard back yet?

User avatar
mwells56
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:23 am

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Post by mwells56 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:18 am

Aquamarine wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:41 am
UR1 for 6 weeks and I'm getting nervous. :(
lol tomorrow will be 3 months for me

User avatar
LSNlife
Posts: 369
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:35 am

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Post by LSNlife » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:20 am

principalagent wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:51 am
Aquamarine wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:50 am
principalagent wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:45 am
15 weeks of UR2!
15 weeks of UR2? Just only for UR2?
I’ve personally been at that status since late October. I got the email, btw
That's got to be record setting at this point

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests