Written a law school, professional, or applicant guide you want to see on the main site? Read a good how-to that helped you out and could help others? Link to it in the Content Creation thread and we’ll get it added to the Guides page.

USC Gould C/O 2021

School-specific applicants threads, waiting for results, announcements of acceptances/denials/waitlists.
lawschool1991

Re: USC Gould C/O 2021

Post by lawschool1991 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:15 pm

Dinged on Valentne's day...harsh usc!

heyduchess

Post by heyduchess » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:57 pm

Do any of y'all know the difference between Law Day and Admit Tour Days?

Trying to figure out which one I want to go to...

MrTrotter

Post by MrTrotter » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:26 am

heyduchess wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:57 pm

My understanding is that the Admit Tour Days are smaller versions of the Law Day. So I believe at the Law Day there are larger discussion panels, more faculty in attendance, more current students in attendance, etc. Personally my issue is that the Law Day is awfully close to the deposit deadlines for several other schools I am considering. Therefore I chose a tour day to give myself more time to decide after visiting the campus. However, I'd bet the Law Day would be better to attend - probably a more lively and exciting atmosphere than the smaller tour days. Just my guess though.

tinywingnut

Post by tinywingnut » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:07 pm

MrTrotter wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:26 am
heyduchess wrote:

My understanding is that the Admit Tour Days are smaller versions of the Law Day. So I believe at the Law Day there are larger discussion panels, more faculty in attendance, more current students in attendance, etc. Personally my issue is that the Law Day is awfully close to the deposit deadlines for several other schools I am considering. Therefore I chose a tour day to give myself more time to decide after visiting the campus. However, I'd bet the Law Day would be better to attend - probably a more lively and exciting atmosphere than the smaller tour days. Just my guess though.
Yep, that's my understanding as well. And not only is Law Day close to deposit deadlines at other schools, it's also after the deadline to accept USC $$$, which, if I'm remembering correctly, is April 1. BTW looks like they are out of $ for reimbursing travel expenses for the March 2nd Admit Day, so financial assistance could also be a difference depending on of you want to go to the March 2nd one but haven't booked your travel yet. :(

EDIT: RE scholarship $$, I was incorrect in assuming accepting the $$ includes accepting their offer for admission.
Last edited by tinywingnut on Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

heyduchess

Post by heyduchess » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:00 pm

tinywingnut wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:07 pm
MrTrotter wrote:
heyduchess wrote:

Yep, that's my understanding as well. And not only is Law Day close to deposit deadlines at other schools, it's also after the deadline to accept USC $$$, which, if I'm remembering correctly, is April 1. BTW looks like they are out of $ for reimbursing travel expenses for the March 2nd Admit Day, so financial assistance could also be a difference depending on of you want to go to the March 2nd one but haven't booked your travel yet. :(
You don't have to commit to USC when you accept money, though. You can click the box that's like "I accept this money, but I have not yet made a decision."

tinywingnut

Post by tinywingnut » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:35 pm

heyduchess wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:00 pm
tinywingnut wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:07 pm
MrTrotter wrote:
heyduchess wrote:

You don't have to commit to USC when you accept money, though. You can click the box that's like "I accept this money, but I have not yet made a decision."
Thats a horse of a different color! I should have read more carefully! I saw April 1, got discouraged and stopped paying attention. Thanks for correcting my interpretation!!

ocw96

Post by ocw96 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:54 pm

Has anyone heard back about stipends for Law Day yet? I sent my request in about 3 weeks ago and haven't heard if I am getting a stipend. Hoping to know soon so that I can start to plan the weekend out!

nick_scheu

Post by nick_scheu » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:35 pm

Admitted by email today at 10:24am PST.

166/3.6. 5 years post-college work experience. Applied first week of January.

needmylsat180

Post by needmylsat180 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:02 pm

WL today. I’m just shocked. LSAT 169 gpa at 25th...

Shaheen678

Post by Shaheen678 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:14 pm

Just got WLed as well.

Completed in October. Will be withdrawing.

lawschoolgirl312

Post by lawschoolgirl312 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:32 pm

still ghosted by USC and I applied in October :(((

tulipsgalore

Post by tulipsgalore » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:36 pm

Just went under review!

lawschoolgirl312

Post by lawschoolgirl312 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:12 pm

omg me too, ugh god speed tulipsgalore

tulipsgalore

Post by tulipsgalore » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:22 pm

lawschoolgirl312 wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:12 pm
omg me too, ugh god speed tulipsgalore
LOL! Hopefully we hear something by next Friday.

Barte

Post by Barte » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:40 pm

I've been "In Review" at USC for about six weeks now. Other than that, haven't heard a peep

atlantic92

Post by atlantic92 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:35 am

Super reverse splitter ED applicant rolled over to RD, admitted 2/23, received a scholarship offer yesterday. Feel free to PM for deets.

MrTrotter

Post by MrTrotter » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:34 am

For those wondering what the Admit Tour Days are like I will share my experience from the March 2nd event.

The day began with an optional law school tour followed by remarks from the Dean of the law school. This was followed by a classroom visit. My group visited a Torts class and we got to see some live action cold calling (lol). The other group went to a Property class if I am not mistaken. Shortly after, around 11am, we sat for our first speaking panel - led by five current USC students speaking of their experiences at the law school etc. For lunch we were split into groups of about 5-7 and each group sat with a current professor and/or alumni to speak about the law school. After lunch we attended a second panel of speakers, this time led by accomplished alumni from the law school. There was then some closing remarks and a final optional open house session where you could go on a campus tour or go to individual offices (financial aid, student services, admissions etc.) and speak to representatives from each. Now maybe this is because I went on the first tour day but I would highly recommend you just go on the tour. The offices I went to seemed very unprepared to speak with me and two of the offices seemed confused I was even there. Maybe for the other days they will be better prepared.

Overall: I was there from 8am - 4pm and I am very happy that I attended. The day made me much more likely to attend. The campus is beautiful (law school building is the ugliest on campus lol), professors were intelligent and caring, Alumni seemed passionate, and I felt I could fit in with the current student body. Everyone I spoke with was very honest - it wasn't an entire day of "WE ARE THE BEST LAW SCHOOL EVER!". Sure they were selling us, but in a way I felt was rather genuine. l Just have to up that scholarship now....

heyduchess

Post by heyduchess » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:48 pm

MrTrotter wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:34 am
For those wondering what the Admit Tour Days are like I will share my experience from the March 2nd event.

The day began with an optional law school tour followed by remarks from the Dean of the law school. This was followed by a classroom visit. My group visited a Torts class and we got to see some live action cold calling (lol). The other group went to a Property class if I am not mistaken. Shortly after, around 11am, we sat for our first speaking panel - led by five current USC students speaking of their experiences at the law school etc. For lunch we were split into groups of about 5-7 and each group sat with a current professor and/or alumni to speak about the law school. After lunch we attended a second panel of speakers, this time led by accomplished alumni from the law school. There was then some closing remarks and a final optional open house session where you could go on a campus tour or go to individual offices (financial aid, student services, admissions etc.) and speak to representatives from each. Now maybe this is because I went on the first tour day but I would highly recommend you just go on the tour. The offices I went to seemed very unprepared to speak with me and two of the offices seemed confused I was even there. Maybe for the other days they will be better prepared.

Overall: I was there from 8am - 4pm and I am very happy that I attended. The day made me much more likely to attend. The campus is beautiful (law school building is the ugliest on campus lol), professors were intelligent and caring, Alumni seemed passionate, and I felt I could fit in with the current student body. Everyone I spoke with was very honest - it wasn't an entire day of "WE ARE THE BEST LAW SCHOOL EVER!". Sure they were selling us, but in a way I felt was rather genuine. l Just have to up that scholarship now....
This is so helpful actually. Thank you for taking the time to share. <3

lawschool21

Post by lawschool21 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:35 pm

Has anyone heard back about April Law Day travel stipends? I applied back in January and haven’t heard anything since..

beekind

Post by beekind » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:52 am

Just found this forum. Figured I'd leave this here in case it's helpful for anyone.

Submitted: 2/1
Complete: 2/5
Admitted: 2/23 via email ~10:30am PST (letters arrived 3/1)
Honors Scholars Program Acceptance: 2/27
Scholarship: 3/1

Thinking about taking a couple days off of work to go to Law Day!

grrlater

Post by grrlater » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:13 pm

lawschool21 wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:35 pm
Has anyone heard back about April Law Day travel stipends? I applied back in January and haven’t heard anything since..
I called the other day and they said they had not yet made those decisions.....

ocw96

Post by ocw96 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:22 pm

grrlater wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:13 pm
lawschool21 wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:35 pm
I called the other day and they said they had not yet made those decisions.....
I applied early Feb and still haven't heard. I feel like they should tell us soon though now that it's about a month away.

Purple Ranger

Post by Purple Ranger » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:54 pm

Just got in.

Submitted mid January. Complete the day after.

Clpia

Post by Clpia » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:56 pm

Has anyone heard about pubic interest scholarship?

beekind

Post by beekind » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:08 pm

Purple Ranger wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:54 pm
Just got in.

Submitted mid January. Complete the day after.
Congrats! :D
Clpia wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:56 pm
Has anyone heard about pubic interest scholarship?
I haven't, but I'm assuming that I didn't get it since I've already received my scholarship letter. I would be thrilled if my assumption is incorrect, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up.