Wash U c/o 2021 applicants

School-specific applicants threads, waiting for results, announcements of acceptances/denials/waitlists.

Where would you want to practice if you went to Wash U?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:43 am

St. Louis
4
4%
Chicago
24
26%
Other Midwest
3
3%
New York
17
19%
Washington
10
11%
Other Northeast
4
4%
Texas
12
13%
Other South
3
3%
California
11
12%
Pacific Northwest
2
2%
Other West
1
1%
 
Total votes: 91

User avatar
urmlaw18
Posts: 260
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Wash U c/o 2021 applicants

Post by urmlaw18 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:26 pm

Just got a $250 travel stipend for Admit weekend!

alexthom2018
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:45 am

Re: Wash U c/o 2021 applicants

Post by alexthom2018 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:30 pm

urmlaw18 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:26 pm
Just got a $250 travel stipend for Admit weekend!
Did you call to RSVP or did you just do it online? And how did WUSTL go about giving you the stipend?

User avatar
andysimbi
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:44 am

Re: Wash U c/o 2021 applicants

Post by andysimbi » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:01 pm

Has anyone else been waiting a month+ since acceptance for scholarship info?

It's starting to feel like they changed their minds lol

split_777
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:27 pm

Re: Wash U c/o 2021 applicants

Post by split_777 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:04 pm

andysimbi wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:01 pm
Has anyone else been waiting a month+ since acceptance for scholarship info?
Almost 2 months.

User avatar
Stranger
Posts: 2937
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:19 am

Re: Wash U c/o 2021 applicants

Post by Stranger » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:21 pm

split_777 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:04 pm
andysimbi wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:01 pm
Has anyone else been waiting a month+ since acceptance for scholarship info?
Almost 2 months.
Same boat. They'll get to us.

User avatar
RubyRhad
Posts: 933
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:04 am

Re: Wash U c/o 2021 applicants

Post by RubyRhad » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:29 pm

Interview tomorrow morning!

User avatar
DaydreamNation
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:33 am

Re: Wash U c/o 2021 applicants

Post by DaydreamNation » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:03 pm

alykdesire wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:29 pm
Interview tomorrow morning!
Good luck! Best advice I can give is to have plenty of questions ready because they leave a significant amount of time for questions at the end.

iammrsiglesias
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:49 am

Re: Wash U c/o 2021 applicants

Post by iammrsiglesias » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:52 am

Just scheduled an on-campus interview. Since I'll be sitting in on a class, touring, etc., is business attire still necessary? Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!

User avatar
DaydreamNation
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:33 am

Re: Wash U c/o 2021 applicants

Post by DaydreamNation » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:57 am

iammrsiglesias wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:52 am
Just scheduled an on-campus interview. Since I'll be sitting in on a class, touring, etc., is business attire still necessary? Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!
I went business casual when I visited there and did the class/interview/tour deal back in October. (I'm a guy so button down, slacks and nice leather shoes but no tie/jacket). I would think that should be sufficient as you definitely would stand out among the students if you were wearing a suit. You probably could wear jeans and a t-shirt and it wouldn't matter at all, but I'd still err on the side of caution.

beancounter15
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:28 pm

Re: Wash U c/o 2021 applicants

Post by beancounter15 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:12 am

Interviewed this week and was accepted today! How long after acceptance do admits typically receive scholarship information?

lawboye
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:29 am

Re: Wash U c/o 2021 applicants

Post by lawboye » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:32 am

iammrsiglesias wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:52 am
Just scheduled an on-campus interview. Since I'll be sitting in on a class, touring, etc., is business attire still necessary? Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!
I did an on-campus interview last week and debated whether I should go business casual or business formal since I was also eating lunch with a current student, touring and sitting in on a class. I ended up wearing a suit and tie, and I'm glad I did. I'm sure it wasn't strictly necessary, but it certainly didn't hurt (I was admitted shortly thereafter), and I like to think it conveyed that I'm taking this seriously and committed. I didn't any comments or weird looks.

ocw96
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:28 pm

Re: Wash U c/o 2021 applicants

Post by ocw96 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:29 pm

Checking in, just had my interview yesterday! I'm a reverse splitter (165/3.9)- does anyone have any insight into how long it takes for reverse splitters to hear back?
Last edited by ocw96 on Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Oneanddone?
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:42 am

Re: Wash U c/o 2021 applicants

Post by Oneanddone? » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:34 pm

iammrsiglesias wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:52 am
Just scheduled an on-campus interview. Since I'll be sitting in on a class, touring, etc., is business attire still necessary? Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!
I'd say business casual, too! No need to worry too much. They're so nice. I've never been as a visiting (prospective) student but stopped by a few years ago while in town for work and loved it there.

User avatar
RubyRhad
Posts: 933
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:04 am

Re: Wash U c/o 2021 applicants

Post by RubyRhad » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:28 pm

In!! Via e-mail!! So happy.

Jackie Chiles
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:40 pm

Re: Wash U c/o 2021 applicants

Post by Jackie Chiles » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:30 pm

Ugh. I interviewed 3 weeks ago and nothing. I’m over the LSAT 75th. I’m emailing and asking if there are any updates on my timeline and expressing my continued interest. Idk if that’s advisable or not, but I can’t sit around on radio silent any longer. I’m a human being!

ocw96
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:28 pm

Re: Wash U c/o 2021 applicants

Post by ocw96 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:42 pm

Does anyone know how long scholarship info takes (particularly for LSATs below 168?) I was admitted this morning and wondering how long the wait will be!

kippercd
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:49 am

Re: Wash U c/o 2021 applicants

Post by kippercd » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:44 pm

ocw96 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:42 pm
Does anyone know how long scholarship info takes (particularly for LSATs below 168?) I was admitted this morning and wondering how long the wait will be!
My gf has been waiting since November

ocw96
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:28 pm

Re: Wash U c/o 2021 applicants

Post by ocw96 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:52 pm

kippercd wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:44 pm
ocw96 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:42 pm
Does anyone know how long scholarship info takes (particularly for LSATs below 168?) I was admitted this morning and wondering how long the wait will be!
My gf has been waiting since November
Yikes. That's brutal :shock: thanks for the response!

User avatar
mistakepluskeleven
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:25 pm

Re: Wash U c/o 2021 applicants

Post by mistakepluskeleven » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:04 pm

alykdesire wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:28 pm
In!! Via e-mail!! So happy.
Congrats!! When were you complete?

hell
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:57 pm

Re: Wash U c/o 2021 applicants

Post by hell » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:11 pm

Jackie Chiles wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:30 pm
Ugh. I interviewed 3 weeks ago and nothing. I’m over the LSAT 75th. I’m emailing and asking if there are any updates on my timeline and expressing my continued interest. Idk if that’s advisable or not, but I can’t sit around on radio silent any longer. I’m a human being!
This is my nightmare. I interviewed earlier this week and nothing so far.

User avatar
RubyRhad
Posts: 933
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:04 am

Re: Wash U c/o 2021 applicants

Post by RubyRhad » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:16 pm

mistakepluskeleven wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:04 pm
alykdesire wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:28 pm
In!! Via e-mail!! So happy.
Congrats!! When were you complete?
Thanks! My application was complete on 1/8. I received an interview invite on 1/10. I interviewed on Wednesday.

barefootguitarist
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:24 pm

Re: Wash U c/o 2021 applicants

Post by barefootguitarist » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:24 pm

ocw96 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:29 pm
Checking in, just had my interview yesterday! I'm a reverse splitter (165/3.9)- does anyone have any insight into how long it takes for reverse splitters to hear back?
I'm a reverse splitter (164/3.95)- I heard back within a week after my interview and got a scholarship offer a week later. But that was back in september, so I imagine they were a lot less busy with applications so early in the process. How did you feel about the interview? That can tell you a lot.

Jackie Chiles
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:40 pm

Re: Wash U c/o 2021 applicants

Post by Jackie Chiles » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:26 pm

hell wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:11 pm
Jackie Chiles wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:30 pm
Ugh. I interviewed 3 weeks ago and nothing. I’m over the LSAT 75th. I’m emailing and asking if there are any updates on my timeline and expressing my continued interest. Idk if that’s advisable or not, but I can’t sit around on radio silent any longer. I’m a human being!
This is my nightmare. I interviewed earlier this week and nothing so far.
You're probably fine, it seems like most people get an offer within a week of their interview so you still have time. I thought my interview went really well. I was positive I was getting an acceptance and full-ride imminently after my interview. Guess not :(

hell
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:57 pm

Re: Wash U c/o 2021 applicants

Post by hell » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:30 pm

Jackie Chiles wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:26 pm
hell wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:11 pm
Jackie Chiles wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:30 pm
Ugh. I interviewed 3 weeks ago and nothing. I’m over the LSAT 75th. I’m emailing and asking if there are any updates on my timeline and expressing my continued interest. Idk if that’s advisable or not, but I can’t sit around on radio silent any longer. I’m a human being!
This is my nightmare. I interviewed earlier this week and nothing so far.
You're probably fine, it seems like most people get an offer within a week of their interview so you still have time. I thought my interview went really well. I was positive I was getting an acceptance and full-ride imminently after my interview. Guess not :(
I'm sure you're fine as well. I don't think they've denied someone with over a 168 LSAT in years.

Jackie Chiles
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:40 pm

Re: Wash U c/o 2021 applicants

Post by Jackie Chiles » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:31 pm

I will be neurotically refreshing my e-mail around the clock regardless! Applying to law schools SUCKS. I thought waiting for LSAC to release my score was bad. This is truly the worst. Given, I didn't send out any apps until the end of Dec, the past month+ wait to hear back from anyone has felt like years.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 42 guests