Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

School-specific applicants threads, waiting for results, announcements of acceptances/denials/waitlists.

Why is YLS your top choice?

Academia
8
28%
Clerkships
6
21%
Clinics
2
7%
Curriculum
2
7%
Why am I even being asked this question--it's a damn reach!
11
38%
 
Total votes: 29

User avatar
Lankhs
Posts: 211
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:31 am

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by Lankhs » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:54 pm

In at Yale today! Suuuper unexpected, haha. Stuff is gettin' real complicated.

User avatar
calicolombia
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:09 pm

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by calicolombia » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:23 pm

KENYADIGG1T wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:08 pm
calicolombia wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:18 pm
Just wanted to update this thread since people here (looking at you Kenya) have been a huge help in the process. I was accepted 12/18 in the first wave!
FUCKING CONGRATULATIONS MY DUDE. SEE YOU AT ASW!
Thank you! Pumped for the ASW!

Jimmy McGill
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:28 am

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by Jimmy McGill » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:46 am

calicolombia wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:18 pm
Just wanted to update this thread since people here (looking at you Kenya) have been a huge help in the process. I was accepted 12/18 in the first wave!
Congrats!!! Would you mind sharing stats?

User avatar
peachboy
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:28 pm

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by peachboy » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:45 pm

Lankhs wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:54 pm
In at Yale today! Suuuper unexpected, haha. Stuff is gettin' real complicated.
Congrats!! Regardless of what you decide to do, you're world-class legal material!

silvergeed
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:51 pm

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by silvergeed » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:55 pm

Hey y'all! I recently got into YLS (!!!). Quick question: I realize that the first semester is credit / no credit, and all subsequent semesters are H / P / LP / F. But does Yale still rank students within the class? Any idea what proportion of students get each grade?

User avatar
KENYADIGG1T
Moderator
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:17 pm
Contact:

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by KENYADIGG1T » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:23 pm

silvergeed wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:55 pm
Hey y'all! I recently got into YLS (!!!). Quick question: I realize that the first semester is credit / no credit, and all subsequent semesters are H / P / LP / F. But does Yale still rank students within the class? Any idea what proportion of students get each grade?
They do not rank at all.

EDIT: CONGRATULATIONS!

silvergeed
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:51 pm

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by silvergeed » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:19 pm

KENYADIGG1T wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:23 pm
silvergeed wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:55 pm
Hey y'all! I recently got into YLS (!!!). Quick question: I realize that the first semester is credit / no credit, and all subsequent semesters are H / P / LP / F. But does Yale still rank students within the class? Any idea what proportion of students get each grade?
They do not rank at all.

EDIT: CONGRATULATIONS!

Very good. Thanks for the info. Now on a more important note: do they still send a snuggie as the admit gift?

g01denb3ar
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:37 pm

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by g01denb3ar » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:24 pm

Congratulations to those of you who have been admitted! Finally submitted last night! Hopefully I’ll join the ranks some time
in april :D
Last edited by g01denb3ar on Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
KENYADIGG1T
Moderator
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:17 pm
Contact:

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by KENYADIGG1T » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:47 pm

silvergeed wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:19 pm
KENYADIGG1T wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:23 pm
silvergeed wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:55 pm
Hey y'all! I recently got into YLS (!!!). Quick question: I realize that the first semester is credit / no credit, and all subsequent semesters are H / P / LP / F. But does Yale still rank students within the class? Any idea what proportion of students get each grade?
They do not rank at all.

EDIT: CONGRATULATIONS!

Very good. Thanks for the info. Now on a more important note: do they still send a snuggie as the admit gift?
Yes! Should arrive in a couple weeks.

pioneer1234
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:25 pm

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by pioneer1234 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:16 pm

Denied today. LSAT around 75th, GPA below 25th. Complete in November. Congrats to all who got in and good luck to everyone still waiting.

User avatar
calicolombia
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:09 pm

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by calicolombia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:09 am

silvergeed wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:19 pm
KENYADIGG1T wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:23 pm
silvergeed wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:55 pm
Hey y'all! I recently got into YLS (!!!). Quick question: I realize that the first semester is credit / no credit, and all subsequent semesters are H / P / LP / F. But does Yale still rank students within the class? Any idea what proportion of students get each grade?
They do not rank at all.

EDIT: CONGRATULATIONS!

Very good. Thanks for the info. Now on a more important note: do they still send a snuggie as the admit gift?
Yes, mine arrived ~5 days after call. Congratulations!

User avatar
Lankhs
Posts: 211
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:31 am

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by Lankhs » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:42 pm

calicolombia wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:09 am
silvergeed wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:19 pm
KENYADIGG1T wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:23 pm
silvergeed wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:55 pm
Hey y'all! I recently got into YLS (!!!). Quick question: I realize that the first semester is credit / no credit, and all subsequent semesters are H / P / LP / F. But does Yale still rank students within the class? Any idea what proportion of students get each grade?
They do not rank at all.

EDIT: CONGRATULATIONS!

Very good. Thanks for the info. Now on a more important note: do they still send a snuggie as the admit gift?
Yes, mine arrived ~5 days after call. Congratulations!
so excited for mine!! ahh.

User avatar
Lankhs
Posts: 211
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:31 am

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by Lankhs » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:11 pm

actually got my snuggie like an hour after I commented that LOL, gave it to my mom because I think she's more excited about me getting into Yale than I am. I'm basically set here if I get a good amount of grant aid (30k+) and I don't get the Rubenstein, which feels kind of crazy to think about. Might see some of y'all in a few months!

User avatar
ChaimtheGreat
Posts: 172
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:13 pm

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by ChaimtheGreat » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:58 pm

Lankhs wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:11 pm
actually got my snuggie like an hour after I commented that LOL, gave it to my mom because I think she's more excited about me getting into Yale than I am. I'm basically set here if I get a good amount of grant aid (30k+) and I don't get the Rubenstein, which feels kind of crazy to think about. Might see some of y'all in a few months!
So excited for you Lankhs!

User avatar
peachboy
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:28 pm

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by peachboy » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:09 am

Looks like a wave's a-coming.

User avatar
Kaziende
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:58 am

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by Kaziende » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:04 am

Good luck friends!

Ilike2read
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:56 pm

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by Ilike2read » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:10 pm

The wait to hear back from Yale is agonizing. Anyone else submit in Nov. still waiting?

pamplemousse13
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:44 am

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by pamplemousse13 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:53 am

Ilike2read wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:10 pm
The wait to hear back from Yale is agonizing. Anyone else submit in Nov. still waiting?
I 100% relate. It also feels really personal because even if you've got the numbers and have gotten in everywhere else I just feel super judged as a person by Yale. As if they're saying, yeah, you might be smart enough to go here, but you're probably not worth much as an actual person/you're just not that interesting to us.

Maybe that's a depressing way of looking at it, but since they harp on the "people focused" approach they take as compared to Harvard/UChi it feels as if my personality is being rejected which definitely hurts more than just being unqualified for the school.

(I say this still waiting to hear, assuming I'll be rejected at this point)

User avatar
George Marshall
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:10 pm

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by George Marshall » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:47 pm

pamplemousse13 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:53 am
Ilike2read wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:10 pm
The wait to hear back from Yale is agonizing. Anyone else submit in Nov. still waiting?
I 100% relate. It also feels really personal because even if you've got the numbers and have gotten in everywhere else I just feel super judged as a person by Yale. As if they're saying, yeah, you might be smart enough to go here, but you're probably not worth much as an actual person/you're just not that interesting to us.

Maybe that's a depressing way of looking at it, but since they harp on the "people focused" approach they take as compared to Harvard/UChi it feels as if my personality is being rejected which definitely hurts more than just being unqualified for the school.

(I say this still waiting to hear, assuming I'll be rejected at this point)
I'm with you. Though I think it's more WE/life experiences being rejected than personality, for the most part (for me at least). Like, I can't write my PS or resume remotely authentically and give myself Yale-level qualifications, idk.

User avatar
Kaziende
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:58 am

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by Kaziende » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:30 pm

Ding Dong. :(

buggefraiche
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:20 pm

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by buggefraiche » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:13 pm

Kaziende wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:30 pm
Ding Dong. :(
I’m sorry to hear that :(

Borges_and_barbells
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:45 pm

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by Borges_and_barbells » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:03 am

For those of you getting in, what level are your softs? Are all of you PhD grads, Rhodes scholars? Especially for those of you who are not 3.95+/177+.

friendofafriend
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:35 pm

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by friendofafriend » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:20 am

Borges_and_barbells wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:03 am
For those of you getting in, what level are your softs? Are all of you PhD grads, Rhodes scholars? Especially for those of you who are not 3.95+/177+.
I mean-- I don't have crazy softs. 172 LSAT, 3.92 GPA.
Work experience: working at nonprofit since my May 2018 graduation + some internships/volunteer work in my field of study + regular old summer jobs
College: Went to a small, #60-100 ranked liberal arts college but not one that is very well known or is very exclusive, i.e. way off the HYP beaten path. Very active and involved in student groups, clubs, etc that were for the most part related to my field. Won several academic department and university awards while I was there (i.e. dept honors, Phi Beta Kappa, top graduating senior, award for Student Studying Field in State, etc).

I obviously have no idea what did it for me, but my guess would be 1) really, really good recommendation letters from 3 profs, 2) a resume that made sense and showed a narrative of a passion for the field that I studied and want to do related law in, although I didn't do that on purpose, it just happened that way, 3) essays that highlighted different parts of myself, were honest, explained my passion, and tried to be thoughtful and self-aware.

Feel free to PM for more questions!

buggefraiche
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:20 pm

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by buggefraiche » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:50 pm

Borges_and_barbells wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:03 am
For those of you getting in, what level are your softs? Are all of you PhD grads, Rhodes scholars? Especially for those of you who are not 3.95+/177+.
I agree with friendofafriend. I don’t think I had particularly crazy softs, but I did feel like I presented myself well and shot my best shot. I think my recommendations were strong and I had a very cohesive application- my college activities, work experience, and personal statement all related to my area of interest.

User avatar
George Marshall
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:10 pm

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2022 Applicants Thread

Post by George Marshall » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:50 pm

Caught the WL wave today. Anyone else? Such a relief to be done.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests