The TLS Homepage

Discuss site issues, suggestions, and any other kind of technical issues related to LSL here.
Unregistered guests can post here with moderator approval.
Jimbob

The TLS Homepage

Post by Jimbob » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:22 am

When I used to use TLS I would rely heavily on their homepage that listed the topics in which people had recently posted. I would go to the site not really to dig through the forums in depth, but really to check the active threads and see if there was anything interesting or anything I could contribute. A quick check, almost like Facebook, when I had a minute.

I suspect a lot of people do that, and making the social/average user of these sites go through all the forum lists as if they are looking for something specific seems like it may deter some people from contributing on the site. Is there a way we can pull out the recent posted threads to a different screen for easy access?

UVA2B

Re: The TLS Homepage

Post by UVA2B » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:32 am

This is something that’s been/is being addressed, but if you want a quick view of recent topics, you can always click on “quick links” and “active topics” to get a full list of topics. This will capture all topics, to include the lounge, which is a separate issue. But this will capture what you liked about TLS mostly in the interim while site development continues.

North

Post by North » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:00 am

Didn’t Robb create some kind of script for this?

Robb

Post by Robb » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:48 pm

North wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:00 am
Yep! http://mylsn.info/lsl_latest.php

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:19 pm

Wow I’m just sooo happy that this “has been/is being addressed” UVA. Great work! Still nothing........

UVA2B

Post by UVA2B » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:37 pm

I’m sorry we’re not volunteering our time fast enough to accomplish entire site optimization on limited user-donated funds. You’re right that our resources have been directed to other efforts and setting up a home page that more closely mirrors what was developed on TLS has has taken a back seat.

Respectfully, TLS developed and changed over a decade of development, and if you looked at it in 2006-2007, you’d be shocked at what it was. We will continue to work to make LSL better, but not everything can be a top priority, and often entire homepage redesigns, while they could be a nice to have, are fairly intensive development efforts, so resources have been focused on things like SEO and maintaining servers up and running.

We appreciate your continued patience while the board tries to improve LSL and make it a great community for users to interact on all manner of professional and personal topics.

ymmv
pregnant with a better version of myself

Post by ymmv » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:47 pm

Jimbob wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:22 am
When I used to use TLS I would rely heavily on their homepage that listed the topics in which people had recently posted. I would go to the site not really to dig through the forums in depth, but really to check the active threads and see if there was anything interesting or anything I could contribute. A quick check, almost like Facebook, when I had a minute.

I suspect a lot of people do that, and making the social/average user of these sites go through all the forum lists as if they are looking for something specific seems like it may deter some people from contributing on the site. Is there a way we can pull out the recent posted threads to a different screen for easy access?
Guest wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:19 pm
Wow I’m just sooo happy that this “has been/is being addressed” UVA. Great work! Still nothing........
Literally the only change you suggested was implemented months ago.
You can also access Active Topics on the forums by clicking the hamburger menu on the top left.

mitechagency

Post by mitechagency » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:29 am