Transfer offices

Junior Transfer

Transfer offices

Post by Junior Transfer » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:40 am

How common/difficult is it to transfer offices within a firm? I've been working a lot over the past year with some folks in an office in another city, and I really like working with them (and they seem to like me too).

Would it be a reasonable request to want to move to that office?

The other issue is I'm junior, so my bar would not reciprocate for a few more years, so I'd have to take the bar exam.

HelloYesThisIsDog

Re: Transfer offices

Post by HelloYesThisIsDog » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:29 pm

Is there demand/need for another junior associate in that office? I think this depends on your firm's structure and how much business is coming into that office (i.e. can they support you).

I don't think it hurts to ask unless there are clear signals from management that it would be frowned upon.

Slytherpuff

Post by Slytherpuff » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:34 pm

Here's what I learned through switching offices at my firm, if that's helpful: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3151#p191807

Junior Transfer

Post by Junior Transfer » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:03 pm

Honestly my biggest concern would be not being bar licensed, and just being afraid that I'd fail the bar exam in the new state since it's been a couple of years since I studied (and I kinda thought bar exams and all standardized tests were permanently behind me).