AUSA Final Round Interview

AUSAHopeful

AUSA Final Round Interview

Post by AUSAHopeful » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:58 am

Hi All,

Later this week, I have a final round interview for an AUSA position, which is scheduled with the United States Attorney. I know that this is not a pro forma interview. I'm looking for any insights anyone may have into what additional preparation, if any, is needed. More specifically, I'm looking for any insights into how the final round interview differs from the other rounds in terms of questions asked, etc.

Thank you in advance for any insights you may have.
Last edited by AUSAHopeful on Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

AUSA anon

Re: AUSA Final Round Interview

Post by AUSA anon » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:54 am

This probably isn’t that helpful, but it will likely vary by the USA. They are probably going to want to see what you’re like to work with. They may well also ask you questions similar to those you’ve already been asked (because they weren’t there to hear the answers). I had one interview where the USA was quiet/reserved enough that I had to launch into my “tell us about yourself” spiel all on my own, but the other was much more an ordinary interview. IME, anyway, they weren’t qualitatively different in what was asked, it was just a different person asking. (I think I got stuff about why prosecution, why AUSA, my strengths, my trial experience, where I wanted to be in 5 years, etc.)

It’s probably good to know their background (which you probably do by know) but I don’t think it’s going to be very different from the rounds before it (unless of course that particular USA has some kind of specific agenda or fixed idea about interviewing that’s out of the ordinary, which no one here can probably predict).

Nebby

Re: AUSA Final Round Interview

Post by Nebby » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:20 am

No insight, but do let us know how it goes!