Looking to confidentially/privately share experiences re: Patent Pros

patentkid

Looking to confidentially/privately share experiences re: Patent Pros

Post by patentkid » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:08 am

Hi all,

Not sure if there's any patent ppl here, but figured it'd be worth a shot so what the hell.

I'm a 3rd year (and became registered in 2015), and growing increasingly skeptical of the practices at my firm. But, I hear ALL THE TIME how this place is such a "dream firm" yadayada... Probably mostly law students/people not from here that say that, I imagine though.. Who knows.

Anyways, if anyone else here is in Patent Pros, I'm willing to be as candid or not candid as you would feel comfortable. E.g., if you'd rather talk email anonymously, that's fine. If you'd like to talk personal specifics, I'd love to, too.

Also, I obviously talk to people IRL too, but online semi-anonymous chats IMO are more conducive to really being candid, as opposed to face-to-face conversions with people you know.

Primarily, I'm looking to determine, is where I work as awful as I think it is? Or, is this place pretty much par for the course. I can also add, based on being at least slightly familiar with the regulars around here, I work for a pretty different firm (esp. when considering patent pros) than everyone/almost everyone here. And happy to share.

If anyone might fit the bill, please just send me an email here: patentkid@shitmail.org
This email is supposed to last 3 months, and forward to my real email .If it doesn't seem to work, just post and I will follow up below.

All the best,
-AE

Re: Looking to confidentially/privately share experiences re: Patent Pros

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:41 pm

patentkid wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:08 am
Hi all,

Not sure if there's any patent ppl here, but figured it'd be worth a shot so what the hell.

I'm a 3rd year (and became registered in 2015), and growing increasingly skeptical of the practices at my firm. But, I hear ALL THE TIME how this place is such a "dream firm" yadayada... Probably mostly law students/people not from here that say that, I imagine though.. Who knows.

Anyways, if anyone else here is in Patent Pros, I'm willing to be as candid or not candid as you would feel comfortable. E.g., if you'd rather talk email anonymously, that's fine. If you'd like to talk personal specifics, I'd love to, too.

Also, I obviously talk to people IRL too, but online semi-anonymous chats IMO are more conducive to really being candid, as opposed to face-to-face conversions with people you know.

Primarily, I'm looking to determine, is where I work as awful as I think it is? Or, is this place pretty much par for the course. I can also add, based on being at least slightly familiar with the regulars around here, I work for a pretty different firm (esp. when considering patent pros) than everyone/almost everyone here. And happy to share.

If anyone might fit the bill, please just send me an email here: patentkid@shitmail.org
This email is supposed to last 3 months, and forward to my real email .If it doesn't seem to work, just post and I will follow up below.

All the best,
-AE
I’d be happy to discuss but you didn’t give any details on your firm or anything to respond to.

redtalun

Post by redtalun » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:11 pm

I'm a 3rd year patent pros associate and would be happy to commiserate. You may also want to check out intelproplaw.

patentkid

Post by patentkid » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:51 am

Guest wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:41 pm
I’d be happy to discuss but you didn’t give any details on your firm or anything to respond to.
OP here

Apologies for delay on this reply--I'm really not active on this forum. But I'm basically just a little leery to post detail on that kinda stuff here, especially since my group is, at least in its own eyes, doing some really unique things. I know these things are at least somewhat unique from some of my prior experiences. And in combination with just a couple things could easily out me, that's all.

I will say, we employ a ton of patent agents and engineering grads that haven't yet even become agents. Some of these agents supervise younger or even somewhat experienced attorneys. Not sure if this is common but felt strange to me at first. Would love thoughts on that, but a lotta other things I'm just not comfortable sharing on an open forum. But if you toss me an email at the above address, I'd love to chat. Or hop into one of those one-off anonymous chat room things I see posted in forums once in a while. Just no permanent record know what I mean?

redtalun wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:11 pm
I'm a 3rd year patent pros associate and would be happy to commiserate. You may also want to check out intelproplaw.
thanks! is there a good way I can reach you? Email, snap, wtv..

I've also used intelproplaw for technical questions but I've always gotten the impression it's a lot of solo/very small firm sorta ppl. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I feel like it's a really different world (from what I hear from the ppl that lateral in here from those kinda firms). Maybe not though I suppose? I'll definitely poke around there too tho thanks for the suggestion!