Which job should I take?

BlendedUnicorn
Big Tent Energy

Re: Which job should I take?

Post by BlendedUnicorn » Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:17 pm

Good luck, and for what it’s worth I think following your gut here is the right call. Better to be doing something that energizes you.

Story

Post by Story » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:05 pm

Congratulations! I hope the job is what you expected.

NoBadChoice

Post by NoBadChoice » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:22 am

Big update on this: the “well-established” option that I did not select has announced that it’s putting the business unit I would have been apart of up for sale. At this stage, I would have no equity and would be getting a prorated bonus in March that’s partially composed of equity, so I would have seen very little value from the impending acquisition. Also it would have left my role in a post-acquisition company uncertain. So today I’m feeling very thankful that I did not accept that position!

Current role at the startup is going amazing. We’ve blown past our budget for the year as of last week with a lot more in the pipeline before year-end. We’ve also made a bunch of strategic hires and doubled the size of the team already. All in all, I feel extremely fortunate considering how conflicted I felt between these two opportunities. Just goes to show how much luck plays a role in all of this.

Hennessy

Post by Hennessy » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:39 pm

🤙🤙🤙

haus

Post by haus » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:00 pm

You are right, luck is a big factor. Congrats on having luck in your side for this choice!

Nebby

Post by Nebby » Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:23 pm

This rules