Long-time users: please note that the prosilver and Allanstyle-subsilver styles will be phased out in the coming months due to upcoming site update incompatibilities. If you use either style, you can change back to the default proflat style at any time in your User Control Panel, or simply wait for the update to do so automatically. Thanks for your patience, and apologies to any folks who prefer the old look.

Florida: Law Firms, Bugs, and Swamps

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Florida: Law Firms, Bugs, and Swamps

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:49 pm

I know on the old site we had some people doing Florida Work, but I don't think anyone but JD came over? Anyone here with insight into FL lit? What practice areas are big in MIA vs JAZ vs TAM?

HelloYesThisIsDog

Re: Florida: Law Firms, Bugs, and Swamps

Post by HelloYesThisIsDog » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:01 am

Bumping for any new FL people to give input

paperchaser

Post by paperchaser » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:14 pm

1L, but know some Miami practitioners--from what I've ascertained, alot of real estate & construction transactions; also disputes over said transactions on the lit side. Good deal of LatAm M&A and other corp work. Some white-collar/investigations work in South America too. Probably should be fluent in Spanish if interested in the latter two. Seems like most firms have an insurance lit practice. Also, Podhurst does some prominent class actions/other pl-side lit but they're a boutique and pretty selective. Also market is tough to crack without significant ties or a UM/UF/FSU degree

North

Post by North » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:24 pm

I didn't land a single FL biglaw offer out if UVA despite growing up there and spending 1L summer there. FL is tough.