How much did you go to office after giving notice?

GaveNotice

How much did you go to office after giving notice?

Post by GaveNotice » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:00 pm

I gave my firm 2 weeks notice. Going to another firm in different market.

Not crazy busy at the moment as I transition things away, so for those of you that have done this in the past, how much time did you spend in the office?

Did you still come in 9-5, 10-4, or just come and go as you please when not busy on anything in your notice period?

ymmv
pregnant with a better version of myself

Re: How much did you go to office after giving notice?

Post by ymmv » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:06 pm

Gave a little over 3 weeks' notice. First two weeks were wrapping up the tail end of a big trial and the last was a very quiet 9-5ish while closing out and turning over matters and files and whatnot.

jeff chiles

Post by jeff chiles » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:11 pm

Came in at 9, left exactly at 5, took long lunches most days. I didn’t have much to do but helped with whatever someone asked me to do, which was a lot of housekeeping and organization stuff.

It was a weird couple of days because people mostly didn’t take it well. Not coming in at all or working very low hours would have probably caused problems but in hindsight I should have just gone for it

OP Above

Post by OP Above » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:25 pm

This is my thought as well. People generally were nice about it and supportive of my departure, and figure there's not much they can do if I don't feel like staying until 5.