Latham to v80!

V5 AT WHAT COST

Re: Skadden and peer firms Baker McKenzie and Schulte Roth to hours contingent bonus!

Post by V5 AT WHAT COST » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:18 am

fakev5associate wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:07 am
HeyPorter wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:25 am
Gibson Dunn and Crutcher with the overnight match
fuck you Latham
This. What in the actual hell Latham

User avatar
soj
Posts: 3811
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: Skadden and peer firms Baker McKenzie and Schulte Roth to hours contingent bonus!

Post by soj » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:23 am

"v5 at what cost" :lol:

NumNumChocolate
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:47 pm

Re: Skadden and peer firms Baker McKenzie and Schulte Roth to hours contingent bonus!

Post by NumNumChocolate » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:51 am

fakev5associate wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:07 am
HeyPorter wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:25 am
Gibson Dunn and Crutcher with the overnight match
fuck you Latham
Next year’s Vault rankings might actually be interesting...biggest single-year drop??

User avatar
Trout
Posts: 5641
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:28 pm

Re: Skadden and peer firms Baker McKenzie and Schulte Roth to hours contingent bonus!

Post by Trout » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:57 am

(literlaly no change)

Pay the swamp

Re: Skadden and peer firms Baker McKenzie and Schulte Roth to hours contingent bonus!

Post by Pay the swamp » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:58 am

Dear Cov/A&P/HoLo: it’s time. If you move first, you will be So Prestigious and everyone will think about how Fancy you are forever. All it takes is raises and summer bonuses. Please? XOXO, DC associates everywhere.

User avatar
BullPenn
NBA Chatter 1st Banana
Posts: 4311
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:41 pm

Re: Skadden and peer firms Baker McKenzie and Schulte Roth to hours contingent bonus!

Post by BullPenn » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:00 am

does anyone actually call it HoLo


User avatar
HeyPorter
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:25 am

Re: Skadden and peer firms Baker McKenzie and Schulte Roth to hours contingent bonus!

Post by HeyPorter » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:19 am

Pay the swamp wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:58 am
Dear Cov/A&P/HoLo: it’s time. If you move first, you will be So Prestigious and everyone will think about how Fancy you are forever. All it takes is raises and summer bonuses. Please? XOXO, DC associates everywhere.
lol "pay the swamp"

Hear hear!

Guest

Re: Skadden and peer firms Baker McKenzie and Schulte Roth to hours contingent bonus!

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:36 am

The small city Jones Day offices got bumped up to 180k today. So like Cleveland, Columbus, etc.

James Baxter
Posts: 578
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:43 pm

Re: Skadden and peer firms Baker McKenzie and Schulte Roth to hours contingent bonus!

Post by James Baxter » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:40 am

Guest wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:36 am
The small city Jones Day offices got bumped up to 180k today. So like Cleveland, Columbus, etc.
Tbh that’s the only reason to work at jones Day. They got those podunk offices where you can make $$$$

NumNumChocolate
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:47 pm

Re: Skadden and peer firms Baker McKenzie and Schulte Roth to hours contingent bonus!

Post by NumNumChocolate » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:58 am

James Baxter wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:40 am
Guest wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:36 am
The small city Jones Day offices got bumped up to 180k today. So like Cleveland, Columbus, etc.
Tbh that’s the only reason to work at jones Day. They got those podunk offices where you can make $$$$
Also if you enjoy complete lack of transparency with compensation--on threat of firing if you ask your co-workers about it.
And getting paid under market... unless you're that random 6th year that got paid $810k.

Guest

Re: Skadden and peer firms Baker McKenzie and Schulte Roth to hours contingent bonus!

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:04 pm

NumNumChocolate wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:58 am
James Baxter wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:40 am
Guest wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:36 am
The small city Jones Day offices got bumped up to 180k today. So like Cleveland, Columbus, etc.
Tbh that’s the only reason to work at jones Day. They got those podunk offices where you can make $$$$
Also if you enjoy complete lack of transparency with compensation--on threat of firing if you ask your co-workers about it.
And getting paid under market... unless you're that random 6th year that got paid $810k.
The problem is the only market paying firms in small cities are typically shops like JD. they pay the most even with all the shit they pull.

GettinPaid

Re: Skadden and peer firms Baker McKenzie and Schulte Roth to hours contingent bonus!

Post by GettinPaid » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:08 pm

Mayer Brown match with bonus

NumNumChocolate
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:47 pm

Re: Skadden and peer firms Baker McKenzie and Schulte Roth to hours contingent bonus!

Post by NumNumChocolate » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:18 pm

Is Latham at the top of the shame pile at this point? I can't think of a more glaring non-matcher at this point in the game...

notlegaladvice
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:56 pm

Re: Skadden and peer firms Baker McKenzie and Schulte Roth to hours contingent bonus!

Post by notlegaladvice » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:24 pm

NumNumChocolate wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:18 pm
Is Latham at the top of the shame pile at this point? I can't think of a more glaring non-matcher at this point in the game...
Seems like it, plus the DC firms if you give a shit about them.

NumNumChocolate
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:47 pm

Re: Skadden and peer firms Baker McKenzie and Schulte Roth to hours contingent bonus!

Post by NumNumChocolate » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:26 pm

DC is only good for middle school field trips and shitty public transportation.

riot
Posts: 1640
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:36 pm

Re: Skadden and peer firms Baker McKenzie and Schulte Roth to hours contingent bonus!

Post by riot » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:24 pm

NumNumChocolate wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:58 am
James Baxter wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:40 am
Guest wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:36 am
The small city Jones Day offices got bumped up to 180k today. So like Cleveland, Columbus, etc.
Tbh that’s the only reason to work at jones Day. They got those podunk offices where you can make $$$$
Also if you enjoy complete lack of transparency with compensation--on threat of firing if you ask your co-workers about it.
And getting paid under market... unless you're that random 6th year that got paid $810k.
It’s been a long time dream of mine to drag them in front of the nlrb for this.

Alitagator
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:55 am

Re: Skadden and peer firms Baker McKenzie and Schulte Roth to hours contingent bonus!

Post by Alitagator » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:28 pm

Did anyone notice Mayer Brown's sneaky tactic: "In order to get the raise associates must have billed 2000 hours last year (2017) in firm development hours."

We have obviously seen contingent summer bonuses, but have any other firms done this contingent 190 match?

GettinPaid

Re: Skadden and peer firms Baker McKenzie and Schulte Roth to hours contingent bonus!

Post by GettinPaid » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:38 pm

Alitagator wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:28 pm
Did anyone notice Mayer Brown's sneaky tactic: "In order to get the raise associates must have billed 2000 hours last year (2017) in firm development hours."

We have obviously seen contingent summer bonuses, but have any other firms done this contingent 190 match?
That's actually their annual policy to get your regular annual raise (2000 "firm development" hours). But to be honest, its meaningless because basically everything qualifies for "firm development hours." I don't think anyone does not make that threshold. It's an entirely different metric for bonus hours.

riot
Posts: 1640
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:36 pm

Re: Skadden and peer firms Baker McKenzie and Schulte Roth to hours contingent bonus!

Post by riot » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:44 pm

Alitagator wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:28 pm
Did anyone notice Mayer Brown's sneaky tactic: "In order to get the raise associates must have billed 2000 hours last year (2017) in firm development hours."

We have obviously seen contingent summer bonuses, but have any other firms done this contingent 190 match?
I’m confused about how they even implement this going forward.

User avatar
soj
Posts: 3811
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: Skadden and peer firms Baker McKenzie and Schulte Roth to hours contingent bonus!

Post by soj » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:45 pm

if you missed 2000 last year, i assume you'll be stuck at 180 forever

Preftigious V5 drone

Re: Skadden and peer firms Baker McKenzie and Schulte Roth to hours contingent bonus!

Post by Preftigious V5 drone » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:28 pm

V5 AT WHAT COST wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:18 am
fakev5associate wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:07 am
HeyPorter wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:25 am
Gibson Dunn and Crutcher with the overnight match
fuck you Latham
This. What in the actual hell Latham
I love how the firm sent around a circlejerk memo celebrating its V5-hood but won't fork over the cash befitting the new status

User avatar
soj
Posts: 3811
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: Skadden and peer firms Baker McKenzie and Schulte Roth to hours contingent bonus!

Post by soj » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:39 pm

Lol actually sending a mass internal memo about vault seems kind of gauche, is that just me

Not that Latham is a pinecone of grace or anything

User avatar
HeyPorter
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:25 am

Re: Skadden and peer firms Baker McKenzie and Schulte Roth to hours contingent bonus!

Post by HeyPorter » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:08 pm

soj wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:39 pm
Lol actually sending a mass internal memo about vault seems kind of gauche, is that just me

Not that Latham is a pinecone of grace or anything
If Latham actually did this someone needs to leak the memo to ATL so they can ream them a new one. Talk about "out of touch"...

Tired of waiting

Re: Skadden and peer firms Baker McKenzie and Schulte Roth to hours contingent bonus!

Post by Tired of waiting » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:16 pm

HeyPorter wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:08 pm
soj wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:39 pm
Lol actually sending a mass internal memo about vault seems kind of gauche, is that just me

Not that Latham is a pinecone of grace or anything
If Latham actually did this someone needs to leak the memo to ATL so they can ream them a new one. Talk about "out of touch"...
They did do this. Word is that they’re not going to announce until after the firmwide associates committee meeting next week.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests