Ambulance Chasing (PI)

Easy-E

Re: Ambulance Chasing (PI)

Post by Easy-E » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:57 pm

I've done some lead buying but it's expensive - my firm does a ton of it (I'm not a solo).

I get most of my clients through word of mouth. More people that know what I do, the better. I also network a lot with doctors and attorneys in complimentary practice areas.

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:51 pm

Easy-E wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:57 pm
I've done some lead buying but it's expensive - my firm does a ton of it (I'm not a solo).

I get most of my clients through word of mouth. More people that know what I do, the better. I also network a lot with doctors and attorneys in complimentary practice areas.
Got it. Seems like most successful PI attorneys bank on word of mouth.

Another question if you don't mind - if I want to eventually do PI, is it better to do a BigLaw stint or start doing PI as early as possible? That is, are BigLaw litigation skills transferable?

Cheers, and thanks again!

Easy-E

Post by Easy-E » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:20 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:51 pm
Easy-E wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:57 pm

Got it. Seems like most successful PI attorneys bank on word of mouth.

Another question if you don't mind - if I want to eventually do PI, is it better to do a BigLaw stint or start doing PI as early as possible? That is, are BigLaw litigation skills transferable?

Cheers, and thanks again!
I have no idea what BigLaw litigation skills would entail. I mean, if you really wanna do PI, do PI right off the bat, whether it's plaintiff or defense side. It's the kind of field where you'll get experience fast - I tried two cases in my first year. But you might hate it too, so try interning somewhere. We love interns.

99% of my cases are in state court. I imagine biglaw to be mostly federal?