Appearance Work

Jake

Appearance Work

Post by Jake » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:23 pm

Hello. Just wondering how many other Attorney's have done/ are doing Appearance Work? It normally doesn't pay great, but normally doesn't take any experience either and some companys (like Docketly) let you pick which ones you want, so it can be done to supplement other work schedules too.

The downside being that its normally debt buyer collection stuff (not always, but majority of time in many areas). Not that I really care for or against it, but I've noticed that some have strong opinions on it.

beep

Re: Appearance Work

Post by beep » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:12 am

I've actually always been curious about this because these guys are always around en masse whenever I have a cattle call. How can this work at any kind of volume? Maybe it's just a different kind of case, but whenever I need to show up I need to know something about the case, its status, what the appearance is about... even for pretty basic stuff like continuances. Doesn't seem like you could get enough background to answer a judge's questions doing a dozen appearances a day, but I've never used one (nor obviously been on the other side).

Jake

Re: Appearance Work

Post by Jake » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:06 pm

beep wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:12 am
I've actually always been curious about this because these guys are always around en masse whenever I have a cattle call. How can this work at any kind of volume? Maybe it's just a different kind of case, but whenever I need to show up I need to know something about the case, its status, what the appearance is about... even for pretty basic stuff like continuances. Doesn't seem like you could get enough background to answer a judge's questions doing a dozen appearances a day, but I've never used one (nor obviously been on the other side).
Do you get stuck behind them to hear them do their thing ?