Long-time users: please note that the prosilver and Allanstyle-subsilver styles will be phased out in the coming months due to upcoming site update incompatibilities. If you use either style, you can change back to the default proflat style at any time in your User Control Panel, or simply wait for the update to do so automatically. Thanks for your patience, and apologies to any folks who prefer the old look.

Ambulance Chasing (PI)

Easy-E

Re: Ambulance Chasing (PI)

Post by Easy-E » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:57 pm

I've done some lead buying but it's expensive - my firm does a ton of it (I'm not a solo).

I get most of my clients through word of mouth. More people that know what I do, the better. I also network a lot with doctors and attorneys in complimentary practice areas.

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:51 pm

Easy-E wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:57 pm
I've done some lead buying but it's expensive - my firm does a ton of it (I'm not a solo).

I get most of my clients through word of mouth. More people that know what I do, the better. I also network a lot with doctors and attorneys in complimentary practice areas.
Got it. Seems like most successful PI attorneys bank on word of mouth.

Another question if you don't mind - if I want to eventually do PI, is it better to do a BigLaw stint or start doing PI as early as possible? That is, are BigLaw litigation skills transferable?

Cheers, and thanks again!

Easy-E

Post by Easy-E » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:20 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:51 pm
Easy-E wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:57 pm

Got it. Seems like most successful PI attorneys bank on word of mouth.

Another question if you don't mind - if I want to eventually do PI, is it better to do a BigLaw stint or start doing PI as early as possible? That is, are BigLaw litigation skills transferable?

Cheers, and thanks again!
I have no idea what BigLaw litigation skills would entail. I mean, if you really wanna do PI, do PI right off the bat, whether it's plaintiff or defense side. It's the kind of field where you'll get experience fast - I tried two cases in my first year. But you might hate it too, so try interning somewhere. We love interns.

99% of my cases are in state court. I imagine biglaw to be mostly federal?