Harvard Students and Grads Taking Questions

Discuss comparisons of various school choices and the various metrics that inform them, including rankings, student life, location, etc.
heythatslife

Re: Harvard Students and Grads Taking Questions

Post by heythatslife » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:12 pm

ChaimtheGreat wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:01 pm
Sorry if this is a repeat question, I went looking for it earlier in the thread but didn't see anything about food. What is the general consensus about food on campus? My understanding is that there is not a large meal plan available. Do people largely cook, buy food at the cafeteria, or get takeout? I know this will likely vary based on living space and budget, but I am just curious as to what past 1Ls have done. Thank you for your time!
You've kind of answered your own question - it varies by budget, living space and willingness to cook. Most people do lunch at the school on weekdays, either at the Hark or grabbing free food from some event or another, but you're mostly on your own for dinners and weekends (dinner options on campus aren't great). Some people I knew ate out/did takeouts almost exclusively, others cooked most of the time. If you learn how to cook in large batches, it's not more time-consuming than going out to eat every day, but obviously this is hard to do if you're in Gropius or Hastings.

Borges_and_barbells

Post by Borges_and_barbells » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:21 pm

Are the 1-bedroom suites in Hastings hard to get as a 1L?

Borges_and_barbells

Post by Borges_and_barbells » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:44 pm

Also, do y'all know how much HLS raised in the Campaign that ended this year? I know the other Harvard schools raised insane amounts of $, but haven't seen anything about HLS. I'm curious because a bumper campaign would mean good things for future students here.

hlsadmittedstudent

Post by hlsadmittedstudent » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:10 pm

Hi,

I was recently accepted to HLS, and I am pretty sure I'm going to commit. I was wondering if anyone had last year's Orientation schedule so I could see it? Just curious what orientation looks like there.

Thanks,

hlsadmit