West Coast Consortium Fair

Discuss comparisons of various school choices and the various metrics that inform them, including rankings, student life, location, etc.
CWalla

West Coast Consortium Fair

Post by CWalla » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:06 am

I'm attending the WCC Law Fair at Seattle University in a few days and I want to know what type of materials are useful to bring to these type of events? Not sure if I need to have 30 copies of my resume or transcripts or anything really...

UVA2B

Re: West Coast Consortium Fair

Post by UVA2B » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:38 am

As far as I understand this, it’s a fair for applicants to law schools, correct? In that case, if you’ve already applied to the participating schools, you shouldn’t need to bring anything that would be in a law school application. And if you think you might end up applying based on what you hear at the fair, you’ll still need to submit through LSAC.

I would consider bringing a way to take notes and remember names of who you met at the fair from various schools, and otherwise think through appropriate questions you have for admissions officers.

HelloYesThisIsDog

Post by HelloYesThisIsDog » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:55 am

Agree with UVA2B. You don't apply at these fairs. It's just an opportunity to learn more about each school from admissions officers (and sometimes current students and alums who might be at that school's table). You can also try to extract an application fee waiver from them after you hear their pitch.

CWalla

Post by CWalla » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:36 am

Ooohhh I totally didn't think about trying to get fee waivers from the schools. Thanks for the tip. I haven't applied anywhere yet, just trying to find out more about prospective schools and how family friendly they are at this point. I have a 4 year old so campuses with family housing (or a housing stipend/scholarship that provides this) would be a big selling point.

Slytherpuff

Post by Slytherpuff » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:39 pm

Yep, no need to bring anything other than something to take notes with. Asking questions about housing options and trying to get fee waivers would be great. And keep in mind that family housing through the school may not be the only option available - you can also aim for an off-campus apartment that's close to the school that has space for your family. You can talk to the admissions officers or school reps at the fair about where people with families typically live and if there's anything about the school that would be attractive to parents.