The LSL Forums will be undergoing updates between June 28 - July 5. The site may be intermittently unresponsive or unavailable during this time. Thanks for your patience.

Update 2022-06-28:
Our forum software has undergone several major updates. Various errors and bugs have been addressed, and the site should run faster across the board. You may notice certain features are not behaving the same way as before. Some of these, such as the quick-edit function, are pending further updates. Please post any other issues in the Site Development and Updates thread and include a screenshot if possible:
viewtopic.php?t=3

CS career megathread / AMA

wizzy

Re: CS career megathread / AMA

Post by wizzy »

suralin wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:40 pm
wizzy wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:46 pm
suralin wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:52 am interviewing super broadly rn, have 10+ onsites scheduled will update w results. mix of big tech + AV & ML startups (think nuro and scale ai) + other unicorns

and yeah my friends at FB report the same re: the fully remote office badge-in restriction
Damn that's awesome, good luck. You targeting remote?
not specifically tbh, was just looking for high-growth places

process wrapped up earlier this week, recap:

7 offers out of 11 onsites, withdrew from 5 onsites
TC ranged from $400k to $600k (google at the low end, plaid and scale ai at the high end)
200 hours of studying, 225 LC problems, 30 hrs of system design prep, 300 anki cards (first time doing this, turned out v useful)
market super hot for senior SWEs rn

overall happy with how it all turned out, though there's def some things i could've improved. even more focus on sys design (and behavioral actually), better interview scheduling, and being more selective overall
Congrats man! Those are amazing offers.

What's the rough breakdown if you don't mind? 200k + 400k options/year? Feel like this is the one that pushes you into 7 figures. I could easily see a 5x situation where you're getting 2M in options. Already 100x over the past few years per the iporegrets calculator.
suralin

Post by suralin »

thanks man! happy with it too, I think it really helped that I interviewed at enough places that I was able to find companies who disproportionately valued my experience / needed it for their next growth stage

and yeah roughly that breakdown, a little more base, a little less equity, plus amortized signing bonus. yea I would be disappointed if this startup doesn’t 3x (already almost 2x in secondary market)
BlendedUnicorn
Big Tent Energy

Post by BlendedUnicorn »

Congrats and wow I fucked up
goden
Confirmed Bust

Post by goden »

BlendedUnicorn wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:24 am Congrats and wow I fucked up