At/slightly Above Median GPA- Transfer within T14?

Discuss all things related to transfer admissions, including chances, choice of school, etc.
alabamaboy98

At/slightly Above Median GPA- Transfer within T14?

Post by alabamaboy98 »

Currently at a T10 paying sticker. Sitting at around median (3.3 at our school), so between 3.4 and 3.5.

I was hoping to transfer to Penn (considered lateral?) or even NYU or Columbia for personal and atypical career reasons. I saw that the 25th percentile GPA of their transfers is around 3.6.

Is it worth throwing an app their way? I have some but not impressive work experience. Not a urm.

Thoughts?
UVA2B

Re: At/slightly Above Median GPA- Transfer within T14?

Post by UVA2B »

It's certainly possible, since transfers among the T14 is rare, but generally easier than trying to transfer into the T14 from outside of it. I would be curious the atypical career reasons for the transfer, but if you have personal reasons for the transfer, that seems enough to me to give it a shot.

Transfer admissions will be a bit wild this year with only a single semester of grades, but if you're a capable law student at UVA or Michigan, I see little reason that Penn or NYU wouldn't consider taking your substantial tuition payments instead.
pancakes3

Re: At/slightly Above Median GPA- Transfer within T14?

Post by pancakes3 »

worth throwing an app, but who knows, really. nothing to lose, really.